Chanel Holiday 2012 - Eclats du Soir de Chanel

elegant-one

Ok, I guess not all stores are doing it AT THE SAME TIME
oh.gif
ok, thats weird. I don't know why it wouldn't be across every store.

MissTT

Is Malice LE?

Unfortunately, I don't have a Chanel counter anywhere near me so I use the Nordies Seattle store as my "home" if I'm interested in something Chanel. My typical Nordies SA is in Oregon, however, she works in Advanced Skin Care so she's not really familiar with the makeup products outside of Lancome where she was working previously. My girl in Oregon bends over backwards to get me what I want. I love her. She came in on her day off to get me the MAC MM items.

shontay07108

:grouphug: to all of you :heart: All I can say is that it just sucks :( Shontay, you bought Notorious? What made you want it? ah, another driving lesson. You'll do better each time. I'm hoping that the color of Notorious doesn't make me look like a vampire...you know, how they sculpt their cheek hollows in the movies :eek:
A post on the Best Things in Beauty made me want it. I thought I wouldn't be able to get my hands on it and that made me want it even more! :lol: I love that it's for the eyes and cheeks. I guess any product can be if you want it to, but I'm funny about that. I have to be told that it's OK. :lol: Plus, it's funky and unusual and I just love the color. It's screaming for me. :haha:
Shontay -- where are you taking drivers lessons?  Good luck!  I still can't parallel park to save my life! Elegant -- keep us posted.  So sorry you are going through a hard time. 
I'm taking them in Maplewood, NJ. It's a quiet little town with a couple of busy streets. It's ideal, really. My instructor is really nice and really good. I have my road test Nov 28 and I'm sure I'll be ready, but I need more confidence. So far, I've been practicing my turns and I'm pretty good. :star: Oh, man the parking is already giving me a headache. I can't imagine how to go about it. :lol:

Neicy

Is Malice LE?

Unfortunately, I don't have a Chanel counter anywhere near me so I use the Nordies Seattle store as my "home" if I'm interested in something Chanel. My typical Nordies SA is in Oregon, however, she works in Advanced Skin Care so she's not really familiar with the makeup products outside of Lancome where she was working previously. My girl in Oregon bends over backwards to get me what I want. I love her. She came in on her day off to get me the MAC MM items.
Malice is LE. Let's stock up, rather than pay 75 on ebay.

Winthrop44

Shontay I have no doubt you will become a great driver - one day it will all just click and all of a sudden it'll feel just as natural to you as walking or riding a bike.

MissTT

Thank you, Neicy. I was thinking of waiting on it, but I guess I better get my pre-order in. Your nails look super gorgeous in the video. Hopefully it's not considered bootleg to bring a polish with me when I go to the nail salon.
girlhaha.gif

elegant-one

Eh, my stores are never up to speed.
ohboy.gif
I forgot, too, that according to BTiB's post from July they will be doing white bags this year for the gift sets:

http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.com/2012/07/chanel-limited-edition-holiday-2012.html

Sort of wish they'd put something different in them once in awhile though.
amuse.gif

I know. I have quite a few of the small sample size of the nude lip pencil. The white bags. I wanted the black one this time.

I'm torn, because like you, I gotta get the new items from chanel.com right away. I think I'll split my order.

Neicy

Thank you, Neicy. I was thinking of waiting on it, but I guess I better get my pre-order in. Your nails look super gorgeous in the video. Hopefully it's not considered bootleg to bring a polish with me when I go to the nail salon.
girlhaha.gif
TY. I do it all of the time, they save thier polish and love it! LOL.

shontay07108

Shontay I  have no doubt you will become a great driver - one day it will all just click and all of a sudden it'll feel just as natural to you as walking or riding a bike.
Thanks, Winthrop44. I'll feel like such an adult hopping in my car to get to a Chanel counter.

elkaknits

Holy Cow - Chanel already shipped my Notorious blush
icon_eek.gif
lol.gif

Oh, & a heads up..especially in light of the huge MAC debacle with presales at Nordies etc. You may want to have a lil talk with your SA if you are doing it & insist that it gets secured. I've been on the phone with my great Chanel lady at Nordies & we were discussing how these rare products are "walking away" from the counters. They feel that this collection will fly off the shelves especially the es palette & np. Also, if you buy from Nordies you get that awesome black patent Chanel bag that will have 2 glosses & other goodies in it. And well, I will HAVE to have that.
Seriously? I never get gifts. Do they have to personally like you or something to throw in gifts? Eh well my SA always loads me up on samples of foundation esp. She makes me these overfull foundation testers every time I go in there for which I love her. Still a bag or bookmark or you know something giftish would be nice

elkaknits

Ah okay you meant the gift sets. Chanel doesn't do GWPs and it kinda freaks me out a bit.... I don't know why. Lots of companies don't but for some reason I notice it more with Chanel. Or maybe it is because I go through spates of not buying and I noticed it first with Chanel when I started buying cosmetics again.

Winthrop44

Nooo....elegant is talking about a Gift With Purchase. I was later talking about the gift sets. Sorry to confuse!

elegant-one

Well, I am wondering if my lady was confused about there being 2 lipglosses in the GWP. Now I'm wondering if she meant the Holiday bag
blink.gif

MissTT

Okay I asked my Nordies SA if there was a free gift with purchase and she said they have a gift for their Fall Trend Show and they only do this 1x/year. It will be: a patent leather CHANEL makeup bag with a really large deluxe sample of No 5 Body cream, a mini Wild Rose Glossimer, and a sample of La Blanc brightening cream. She asked if I wanted to wait until then. Uh, is that a question? Of course I want a goodie bag. I'm going to try the Quad and the nail polish. I was considering Notorious from an email she sent me last week, but I doubt I know how to apply it as a contour.

elegant-one

Okay I asked my Nordies SA if there was a free gift with purchase and she said they have a gift for their Fall Trend Show and they only do this 1x/year. It will be: a patent leather CHANEL makeup bag with a really large deluxe sample of No 5 Body cream, a mini Wild Rose Glossimer, and a sample of La Blanc brightening cream. She asked if I wanted to wait until then. Uh, is that a question? Of course I want a goodie bag. I'm going to try the Quad and the nail polish. I was considering Notorious from an email she sent me last week, but I doubt I know how to apply it as a contour.
lol.gif

Thats it! Its for the Fall Trend Show...yep. Aghh, I already have WR gloss & bunches of that La Blanc.

I have NOoooo idea what I will think of Notorious blush

elkaknits

Interesting. I still miss Borghese's uber extravagant Holiday boxes full of cosmetics. They used to be my favorites. Now they don't even do cosmetics from what I can see. I remember my girl friends and I hitting up all the malls to haul the Arden, Lauder and Borghese holiday thingies with the nail polish and matching lipsticks and a dozen or more eyeshadows, plus blush, mascara etc. Full Size!!!! Lancome had smaller ones as did other companies but I really miss those huge boxes. The past few years I have bought some smaller things like oh BB sets or well the Guerlain thing with the eyeshadow trio and 2 glosses for holiday thing but one rarely sees the big things they used to have Way Back in the 80's. I am so old... kinda like walking to and from school up hill both ways it seems mythical :p

CartoonChic

Ok, I'm a little confused since I'm still learning the ways of Chanel. So we should expect a Gift with Purchase if we order items from the Holiday 2012 collection at Nordstrom? I was all geared up to order online as soon as I spotted the collection on Chanel.com, but I'll get it from Nordstrom to get a Gift with Purchase.

Also, are we supposed to automatically get samples when we buy from Nordstrom counters? I've never received anything from the SAs at my counter. I just thought you only get samples when you order from Chanel.com. If so, I feel cheated! I need to learn my makeup rights so I know what to expect when I shop at these places.

And the same here with parallel parking. I won't even bother. I can barely handle normal parking. elegant, I hope your mom starts feeling better soon.
bouquet.gif

Winthrop44

At these once yearly events at Nordstrom where they have a GWP you don't have to buy from a specific collection but you'll need to meet a certain minimum purchase amount. That's where it gets tricky because in my experience that amount varies from store to store! lol Your best bet would be to call your counter and ask in advance.

And no, unfortunately you don't automatically get samples at Nordstrom counters. I have never gotten samples at my Nordies or Saks. If the SA gets to know you they may be more likely to do that...or when I ordered from the Bloomingdales in NYC a week or so ago she included some nice samples in my package. It's not expected, more of a nice surprise if & when it happens, so don't feel cheated.
winkiss.gif

elegant-one

CartoonChic - Thanks so much hun!

If you buy from Nordies, Macys, Saks, there should always be some kind of freebie samples that they can give you.Sometimes they are crappy & other times quite nice.