Chanel Joues Contraste blushes

User38

I swapped my Fleur de Lotus and know someone else who swapped theirs too, so I definitely don't think it's worth $72, especially if you have Hipness.
2cents.gif

http://cafemakeup.com/2012/05/02/chanel-fleur-de-lotus-joues-contraste-blush/
omg.. I think I still have Hipness.. (Fafi right>).. gotta dig it out. Ty Winthrop!

Almus

It's SO nice to see you in here HerGreyness! I hope you will be able to stick around for a bit, cause you are missed (a lot!
amuse.gif
)

LoveStoned

I also bought Rouge and I have to say it's one of the best blushes I've ever owned... At first I was skeptical, but the moment it touched my cheeks I was in love!
heart.gif
And to make things better, I actually went to buy the Pink Explosion, but the Rouge hypnotized me
eyelove.gif

Pink Explosion is pretty, but it's to similar to the other pink blushes I have, and Rouge has no dupe in my blush stash so the decision was easy.

All in all, I like JC blushes. Although I have to say that I like the USA version more than our European, because the texture is different and the USA version has a much higher colour pay-off. But this is not the case with Rouge. It's very soft and silky, the perfect blush. I would recommend it to anyone :)

User38

It's SO nice to see you in here HerGreyness! I hope you will be able to stick around for a bit, cause you are missed (a lot!
amuse.gif
)
Almus
heart.gif
nice to be back for a bit anyway.. I am recovering from a miserable cold and confined to my house so have more time to waddle in here! Missed you guys too!

User38

LoveStoned, I have Rouge and have yet to use it.. but I have recently gone dark again with my hair and have a funny boy cut so it may be the moment.. sadly it too is on a different continent!
icon_eek.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
LoveStoned, I have Rouge and have yet to use it.. but I have recently gone dark again with my hair and have a funny boy cut so it may be the moment.. sadly it too is on a different continent!
icon_eek.gif
Hooray, you've come back to us! Sorry to hear you have the sniffles, though. I recently went back to my dark hair again. Would love to see yours and the new cut!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Espiegle is now DC'd. It should be at stores for a month or two before it's gone.
Eek! It's been on my list for a while, but I've always held off because I knew I could get it. Time to get the lead out, I guess.

Bonitinha

^^Oh yes, you definitely need Espiegle for your JC collection! I wonder why they are d/c it? It just came out a couple of years ago, right? It makes me sad when Chanel gets ride of my faves

Kaidan

I can't believe that Espiegle got DC'd. It's also sold out in all of the Chanel counters in my country. ;_;

Dominique33

Many are discontinued here too, we can find both ( Espiègle and Orchid Rose ) in small corners or hidden behind the others at Sephora though, Espiègle is really a must-have and not so " old" ( spring 2010 so far I know ), lovely blush indeed. They were replaced by Tumulte, Malice, Rouge, Ultra Rose, Rose Initiale and Rose Ecrin still exists. Rose Pétale is discontinued too.
Since Peter Philips has gone, I really wonder what the JC will look like now, he was a master of colours !

Teger

I'll also add that Graphite, Rose Confidentiel, and Rouge Fatal nail polishes are going, along with Rouge Allure Rouge Noir Lipstick, Tweed Sienna Blush, Desert Corail Soleil Tan de Chanel, Almandine Rouge Double Intensite Ultrawear, Nakkar Glossimer, Coral Love Glossimer, Rouge Coco 08 La Pausa, and RCS Empreinte.

Espiegle is beautiful, but it doesn't work on a large range of skin tones like its replacement does (Frivole). It just didn't sell.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'll also add that Graphite, Rose Confidentiel, and Rouge Fatal nail polishes are going, along with Rouge Allure Rouge Noir Lipstick, Tweed Sienna Blush, Desert Corail Soleil Tan de Chanel, Almandine Rouge Double Intensite Ultrawear, Nakkar Glossimer, Coral Love Glossimer, Rouge Coco 08 La Pausa, and RCS Empreinte.

Espiegle is beautiful, but it doesn't work on a large range of skin tones like its replacement does (Frivole). It just didn't sell.
Thanks for the information! Nakkar is another one that I'll have to pick up. (I think that one came out with the same collection as Espeigle?) I get that they want to discontinue shades that aren't moving, but I think that killing the Rouge Allure lipstick in Rouge Noir is just silly. That whole collection only launched 6 months ago. Surely it's too early to tell which shades are really going to stand the test of time?

Winthrop44

I knew I was strange. Espiegle works alot better than Frivole on me. I really liked Nakkar as well. One of the few relatively recent glossimers with some pigment. Oh well.

Miss QQ

I do, mine is in the baked form. I like it, it is close to NARS Deep Throat but DT has more pink.

Monsy

thanks
I ordered it from chanel.com

I am mad that they discontinued orchid rose, espiegle, imprevu, in love... what's wrong with cosmetic companies doing that with such a amazing and great selling shades?

Haven

Oh no. In love is being dc'd? Must order another one from Chanel site now. This is the only Chanel blush that I have actually hit pan on. I still have some left, but better safe than sorry.

ETA: Just spoke with Chanel CS. According to them In Love is not being dc'd. Don't know if I should trust them though.

Latest posts