Chanel Joues Contraste blushes

Timmi

I was fortunate to have gotten the Fleur de Lotus from Nordstrom about a month ago. I was so pleased with it that I bought a back-up since it's LE. That's the blush I plan to bring during travel since I love it so much. I guess I'm going to keep it. Hahaha I answered my own question. Just wanted to know if others do that too.

elegant-one

I was fortunate to have gotten the Fleur de Lotus from Nordstrom about a month ago. I was so pleased with it that I bought a back-up since it's LE. That's the blush I plan to bring during travel since I love it so much. I guess I'm going to keep it. Hahaha I answered my own question. Just wanted to know if others do that too.
th_hello.gif

Yes, I do BU's,,,quite a bit if its something I really love
greengrin.gif

cluelessss8

I do back-ups with my favorite and hard to find JCs.. like Narcisse, Turbulent, Ultra Rose..
I also sometimes buy 2 different kids of formula... (I can count this as BUs, right? LOL!) one in US formula and one in EU. :)

Medgal07

Hello everyone. I'm a new member and wanted to join this thread. I just got into makeup this year (late bloomer).I tend to be loyal to one brand and so needless to say, I'm Chanel obsessed! I currently have 8JCs plus 2 on the way. My question is: Do you buy back-up of your favorite shade? Please advise. Thanks.
Hello &
th_770016001157748873-final.gif
Timmi. I've only backed up a few makeup items, but never a blush. My philosophy is that duplicates take up space from new and other

amazing products and I've never completely used a single blush, but my blush stash is pretty massive. That said, I have regretted not backing up a LE highlighter that
I did use completely. Two amazing Specktrettes helped me secure numbers 2 & 3 of the highlighter & I'm 3/4 through the second one. I guess this was a long &
roundabout way of saying if you love it and know you'll use it extensively----back it up!!!!!!
choochoo.gif

Timmi

I do back-ups with my favorite and hard to find JCs.. like Narcisse, Turbulent, Ultra Rose..
I also sometimes buy 2 different kids of formula... (I can count this as BUs, right? LOL!) one in US formula and one in EU. :)
Wow! Two different kinds of formula. That definitely counts as BUs :) You probably have an impressive collection.

Timmi

Hello &
Timmi. I've only backed up a few makeup items, but never a blush. My philosophy is that duplicates take up space from new and other

amazing products and I've never completely used a single blush, but my blush stash is pretty massive. That said, I have regretted not backing up a LE highlighter that
I did use completely. Two amazing Specktrettes helped me secure numbers 2 & 3 of the highlighter & I'm 3/4 through the second one. I guess this was a long &
roundabout way of saying if you love it and know you'll use it extensively----back it up!!!!!!
choochoo.gif

Hi Medga. Hahaha Okay I will back it up, thanks for the advice.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I need support, or enabling? hahaha. I live 1.2 miles away from a Macy's and about 6 miles away from Nordstrom so I'm always checking out Chanel products if I finish work early. Tonight the Macy's store didn't have the Rose Bronze in stock so the SA ordered it from another store. I currently have Fleur de Lotus, Accent, Emotion, Rose Ecrin, Frivole, Tweed Rose Brun, Rose Petale and In Love. Waiting on Caneille and Rose Initial (Nordstrom Beauty Event). This is so dangerous considering I bought my first JC a month ago. Yikes! Makeup is my only guilty pleasure right now, used to be purses and shoes. I'm glad I found Specktra! Love it!

cheburaha

That's exactly what I do as well! I have homes both in Canada and in the US, so I buy on from each keeping my Chanel SAs at both places happy!

Dominique33

Hello everyone. I'm a new member and wanted to join this thread. I just got into makeup this year (late bloomer).I tend to be loyal to one brand andso needless to say, I'm Chanel obsessed! I currently have 8JCs plus 2 on the way. My question is: Do you buy back-up of your favorite shade? Please advise. Thanks.
I never back up my JC blushes , I have 14 of them and many other blushes. My only back up is Guerlain Madame Rougit blush, I should have done it for other blushes but the fact is that I never did, should I back up some JC it would be Rose Initiale, Discrétion or Frivole,

MissTania

Hi Medga. Hahaha Okay I will back it up, thanks for the advice.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I need support, or enabling? hahaha. I live 1.2 miles away from a Macy's and about 6 miles away from Nordstrom so I'm always checking out Chanel products if I finish work early. Tonight the Macy's store didn't have the Rose Bronze in stock so the SA ordered it from another store. I currently have Fleur de Lotus, Accent, Emotion, Rose Ecrin, Frivole, Tweed Rose Brun, Rose Petale and In Love. Waiting on Caneille and Rose Initial (Nordstrom Beauty Event). This is so dangerous considering I bought my first JC a month ago. Yikes! Makeup is my only guilty pleasure right now, used to be purses and shoes. I'm glad I found Specktra! Love it!
Wow, that's alot of JC's in a short period of time. They are incredible though. I have actually hit pan on Chanel blushes and had to throw them out, I am close to finishing Rose Ecrin and Narcisse is dwindling away.

I would only back up a LE JC or if there was a good discount and I used the shade regularly.

Calla88

This was a dangerous thread to float into, have two JC blushes on their way to me plus two on hold to swatch on Monday! Plus I order a few items from the new collection. It's my birthday weekend so that makes all good! Thanks again for the recommendations!

Dominique33

This was a dangerous thread to float into, have two JC blushes on their way to me plus two on hold to swatch on Monday! Plus I order a few items from the new collection. It's my birthday weekend so that makes all good! Thanks again for the recommendations!
pompom.gif
Then it is worth the splurge ( double ) ! JC blushes are addictive but they are truly very good, and beyond they are absolute must-haves.

Medgal07

happybirthday.gif
Calla!!!

Starlight77

Happy Birthday!!!

i totally splurge guilt free on my birthday. get it all!! lol

Dominique33

I love Discretion!!!
Wow, that's alot of JC's in a short period of time. They are incredible though. I have actually hit pan on Chanel blushes and had to throw them out, I am close to finishing Rose Ecrin and Narcisse is dwindling away.

I would only back up a LE JC or if there was a good discount and I used the shade regularly.

Discrétion is typically the kind of blush you want to back up. It's so delicate and easy-to-wear ( at work, at a wedding, for the weekend, etc... ), it's a perfect blush in fact. I am prone to redness, and I often wear Discrétion because of my redness issues, it gives healthy cheeks, and again it's as delicate as a rose. I don't know if it's still available though ? Here many JC blushes are not available any longer, we have the cream blushes ( so trendy ) but cream blushes have nothing in common with the JC ones, they are very pretty too but to be honest I much prefer my JC blushes.

Calla88

Thanks Medgal07, Starlight77 and Dominique33, for the birthday love! I love pretty makeup and this thread has helped me find some fabulous blushes!

MissTania

Discrétion is typically the kind of blush you want to back up. It's so delicate and easy-to-wear ( at work, at a wedding, for the weekend, etc... ), it's a perfect blush in fact. I am prone to redness, and I often wear Discrétion because of my redness issues, it gives healthy cheeks, and again it's as delicate as a rose. I don't know if it's still available though ? Here many JC blushes are not available any longer, we have the cream blushes ( so trendy ) but cream blushes have nothing in common with the JC ones, they are very pretty aI too but to be honest I much prefer my JC blushes.
It is the most perfect blush, possibly my favourite JC ever. It was a LE in Australia- it should be permanent. I would have thought France would be JC paradise! It seems they do a lot of LE's these days and keep a very basic range.

Dominique33

It used to be :) but now they keep few in stock ( although there are still many at our local Sephora, BS, Nocibé or other stores ( here we have more than 20 stores I think ) but on Chanel official website there are few JC blushes available in fact. I found one Espiègle JC blush at my local BS but didn ´ t purchase it though, I don ´ t know if they still have Discrétion or other ones. Sephora has definitely more but some have been discontinued for good . They launched Vivacité, Canaille and Rose Initiale as a repromote, well I hoped there would be a 3rd new JC, in fact the 2 new ones will launch next Fall/Winter they look gorgeous ! We have to wait à bit ;) worth buying for sure ( swatches are available on Specktra, threads Chanel Fall/Holiday 2014. ).

MissTania

Thanks Dominique - I already have my eye on them!!

I just ordered 2 Discretion blushes from ebay at a reasonable price - I don't want to ever run out lol. I am crazy about this JC!!
eyelove.gif

MissTania

Is Ultra Rose available to purchase in the US?
http://au.strawberrynet.com/makeup/chanel/powder-blush---no--74-ultra-rose/156839/#DETAIL

I ordered mine from here recently - and it was just fine! I had not seen it back in stock until today and I ordered weeks ago!

MissTania

It used to be
smiles.gif
but now they keep few in stock ( although there are still many at our local Sephora, BS, Nocibé or other stores ( here we have more than 20 stores I think ) but on Chanel official website there are few JC blushes available in fact. I found one Espiègle JC blush at my local BS but didn ´ t purchase it though, I don ´ t know if they still have Discrétion or other ones. Sephora has definitely more but some have been discontinued for good . They launched Vivacité, Canaille and Rose Initiale as a repromote, well I hoped there would be a 3rd new JC, in fact the 2 new ones will launch next Fall/Winter they look gorgeous ! We have to wait à bit
winks.gif
worth buying for sure ( swatches are available on Specktra, threads Chanel Fall/Holiday 2014. ).
Oh, I hoped there was a third JC too and got so excited when I saw it on display with the 2 new ones- what a disappointment.

I don't know what has come over me lately with JC's
icon_eek.gif