Chanel Joues Contraste blushes

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha
Does anyone have Rose Dust JC? I read that it is a silvery pink -- sounds divine
smiles.gif
Would love to know if anyone has it as well!

I've had both the US and Euro versions of Rose Dust but only kept the Euro - it's a mauvey/plummy pink. Last I checked strawberrynet.com still had it. The US version has more brown in it.

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
Does anyone have Fandango?

I missed out on Fandango but I bought Imprevu because Sabrina compared them and Imprevu is close but slightly lighter. She also said that Imprevu is too dark for fair skin but I'm NC20 and it isn't too dark at all. I can apply with ease and I love it.

http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/200...hanel-for.html

And I missed out on Enchantresse too!

Bonitinha

What about Tempting Beige JC? It looks like a peachy color -- but I am wondering if it runs a little brownish (I don't like it when peachy blushes turn muddy). Just curious about this one also . . .

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchblade
If you're having trouble with the baked Euro JCs I highly recommend the Les Pinceaux 5 contour brush (Euro Version, silver ferrule). It's great for getting pigment on the brush. It's not available on Chanel.com or in dept. stores in the US but it is available on Beauty Encounter: Chanel Les Pinceaux de Chanel

Thanks for the tip. I imagine this brush is pretty stiff and that's why it's good for getting pigment from some of the more stubborn baked blushes? Does it feel scratchy on the face then too tho?
th_dunno.gif

elegant-one

img3630p.jpg
img3626q.jpg
img3623x.jpg
img3629d.jpg

Chanel Plum Attraction

Gorgeous Soft Berry Wine Plum

It looks so beautiful buffed into the skin! Its definitely pigmented, but buffs out so beautiful

shimmergrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
I missed out on Fandango but I bought Imprevu because Sabrina compared them and Imprevu is close but slightly lighter. She also said that Imprevu is too dark for fair skin but I'm NC20 and it isn't too dark at all. I can apply with ease and I love it.

The Beauty Look Book: Chanel Les Impressions De Chanel for Spring 2010

And I missed out on Enchantresse too!

fandango is available at neiman marcus website
free shipping code: NMOCT

switchblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Thanks for the tip. I imagine this brush is pretty stiff and that's why it's good for getting pigment from some of the more stubborn baked blushes? Does it feel scratchy on the face then too tho?
th_dunno.gif

I think some might find it scratchy because of its stiffness, but it actually doesn't bother me that much because I only have to sweep the brush lightly onto my cheeks to deposit the pigment. (Scratchiness is one of my pet peeves btw, that's why I swapped my MAC 226.) The individual bristles are not too thick or stiff but the brush is very dense. It definitely isn't the softest brush out there but I don't find it more scratchy than some other face brushes like say, the NARS Yachiyo (in my experience).
smiles.gif

Almus

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Chanel Plum Attraction

Gorgeous Soft Berry Wine Plum

It looks so beautiful buffed into the skin! Its definitely pigmented, but buffs out so beautiful

Elegant, right now I experiencing opposite feelings: I love you for showing us those gorgeus pictures of PA but, somehow, they made me want it so badly ... I swore I was going to stop on make up for a bit!
ssad.gif
I feel happy-guilty. If I were a rich girl ... lalalalaaa
th_DANCE.gif

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchblade
I think some might find it scratchy because of its stiffness, but it actually doesn't bother me that much because I only have to sweep the brush lightly onto my cheeks to deposit the pigment. (Scratchiness is one of my pet peeves btw, that's why I swapped my MAC 226.) The individual bristles are not too thick or stiff but the brush is very dense. It definitely isn't the softest brush out there but I don't find it more scratchy than some other face brushes like say, the NARS Yachiyo (in my experience).
smiles.gif

Thanks again! The fact that you mentioned the NARS Yachiyo lets me know we're on the same wavelength, lol. So many people rave about how soft that is and I returned mine because I thought it was horribly scratchy. Maybe they're not all the same.

Winthrop44

This doesn't exactly belong in this thread but it's the closest. Has anyone tried the Asia-exclusive Tweed blush #60 Rose Subtil? Thoughts?

Miss QQ

I didn't buy it, but I played with it a few times at the counter. It is a shimmery baby pink, and eventually deeper in the pan, you get a duo - white and pink. I recall that the pigmentation is good on me, much better than Narcisse. Are you buying it?
winks.gif

Winthrop44

Thanks for your help! I'm still working on a swap with someone from China and I'm having trouble coming up with something to buy that I couldn't get here. She can only ship powders from there, so she can't get me any nail polishes or glosses, for instance. It sounds like that blush might be a good option for me. I am also looking at that #5 contour brush. Is there anything that you feel is a must-have?

Miss QQ

^^ They last very long. I haven't finish one yet, but Rachel has said that one of the JCs she used constantly took her 5 years to finish.

Thanks for your help! I'm still working on a swap with someone from China and I'm having trouble coming up with something to buy that I couldn't get here. She can only ship powders from there, so she can't get me any nail polishes or glosses, for instance. It sounds like that blush might be a good option for me. I am also looking at that #5 contour brush. Is there anything that you feel is a must-have?
Powders... Hmm. I can't think of anything at the moment. I know you thought of Pink Cloud before. There is a quad named White Whisper, which came out with Rose Subtil, but the colours are light and shimmery, because the aim is to brighten the eye area.

Miss QQ

You can see swatches of White Whisper here.

http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2009/08/chanel-white-whisper-quadra-eyeshadow.html

I was at the counter today so I took a good look and swatched it. The pink, white and gold are frosty and light, but there isn't chunky glitter. The gold feels the most grainy on my finger. The black is a satin charcoal without any shimmers. It is LE and the counter only has a few of it left.

Latest posts