Chanel Joues Contraste blushes

cetati

I just wanted to add my swatch of Rose Petale for anyone here who's considering it. It's a wonderful color on everyone I've tried it on, but here are some swatches on me.

On the right, of course.

Applied with a heavier hand, natural lighting indoor.

A lighter hand, natural lighting, cloudy, outdoor.

I hope the mods don't mind this, but these last two photos I have to give credit to http://sherry-lu.com, because she's the one who took the photos!
Hope it helps anyone who's considering. The texture is just so soft and wonderful, and it's very well pigmented.
smiles.gif
As you call can see, it photographs BEAUTIFULLY even in extreme detail.

Bonitinha

^^You have absolutely gorgeous skin!! Beautiful pics and Rose Petale looks lovely on you. I just got it a week or so ago and love it also!

elegant-one

I agree Cetati - Wow you are so adorable & beautiful!!!! I love that pic of you in the dress - just charmingly beautiful

mrslid

Cetati you are gorgeous!! You will have everyone wanting RP for sure!!! I'm assuming that's the US version?

I have the euro one I received in a swap but I have a hard time getting any colour. I need a stiffer brush. Can anyone tell me how the US and Euro versions compare. I was wondering if I should just go ahead and get the US version? Same question with In Love too. I received the euro one in a swap and I'm curious if the colours differ between versions. Thanks!

Bonitinha

Cetati you are gorgeous!! You will have everyone wanting RP for sure!!! I'm assuming that's the US version?

I have the euro one I received in a swap but I have a hard time getting any colour. I need a stiffer brush. Can anyone tell me how the US and Euro versions compare. I was wondering if I should just go ahead and get the US version? Same question with In Love too. I received the euro one in a swap and I'm curious if the colours differ between versions. Thanks!

I have the US version of RP, which I have heard is softly milled and not baked. I use a skunk brush with mine and it give me the perfect amount of color -- a flush of color without being overdone. I really want In Love also -- do you have it already? I'd love to see a pic!

Winthrop44

Is that brush stiff but still soft Miss QQ? How does it compare to the #5 contour brush? I know they are different shapes but I mean in terms of softness, density, usefulness with the baked JCs?

cetati

Thanks for all your compliments. To answer the way earlier question about which version of RP I have---I have the American version and it goes on easily with a soft brush, like a dream.

Miss QQ

Is that brush stiff but still soft Miss QQ? How does it compare to the #5 contour brush? I know they are different shapes but I mean in terms of softness, density, usefulness with the baked JCs?

I'm going to the counter to compare the brushes next. At the moment, I'm not exactly sure but I think #5 is much softer and denser than #4. #4 can feel a little bit prickly when my skin is sensitive, and that is good in the sense it prevents me from over blending my blush with #4 as I should use the buffer brush to blend instead. I don't know if #5 works on the baked JCs.

switchblade

#5 works well on the baked blushes
smiles.gif
Haven't tried #4 though so I can't compare them.

Rose Petale is really pretty on you, cetati!

mrslid

I have the US version of RP, which I have heard is softly milled and not baked. I use a skunk brush with mine and it give me the perfect amount of color -- a flush of color without being overdone. I really want In Love also -- do you have it already? I'd love to see a pic!
I just tried In Love this morning and loved it. Finally I have a peachy JC! I think I would be happier with the US version though (assuming the shade is the same). This has quite a bit of sparkle and same as my RP is hard to get much product on my brush. I think I will continue to try and stick with US versions. Now the question is, is it worth getting doubles of some JCs just to get the US version? I guess I may have to find a stiffer brush rather than my MAC one.

Winthrop44

I would say it depends on the particular shade. I consider the US and Euro versions of Orchid Rose and Rose Dust to be completely different products, but while I prefer the US version of OR (more pigmented & less sparkles), I prefer the Euro version of RD (more mauvey, less brown, just as good pigmentation as US). I don't know anything about In Love unfortunately, but there is alot of good info on Euro vs US versions of various shades in the reviews and on the boards on MUA.

switchblade

Winthrop, can you compare US and Euro Orchid Rose (color-wise)? I didn't buy the Euro Orchid Rose because I found it orangey and sparkly on me. I'm curious about the US version, can you describe it?

shimmergrass

ok u guys are making me want orchid rose. i am going to the mall tomorrow to check our the new MAC collection, so i will also have a look at this one!
smiles.gif

Miss QQ

winthrop, I looked at #4 and #5 at the counter and they feel equally soft to me, so I think both can be used on the baked JCs.

MaryJane

I bought my first Chanel blush today...Rose Bronze. Initially, I thought I wanted In Love or Rose Petal but once I swatched all three, it was Rose Bronze that looked best on my skin and the one that kept catching my eye. In Love was very nice but I have soo many peachey/pinky blushes that I couldn't justify spending $42 on another.

Does anyone know if In Love is similar to 'Coralista' from Benefit?

Latest posts