Chanel Joues Contraste blushes

MaryJane

I'm glad you are all loving your new finds! I love Orchid Rose a lot.....I also just recently picked up Fresque, and I'm trying to figure out why I hadn't before. I'm going to wear it today!

I also have Caprice in my 'archive' stash - I think I wore it more than any other color after I first bought it.....perhaps I need to show it some love again!
I bought Orchid Rose a few weeks ago and love it. I think it's one of those colors that goes with just about anything.

Miss QQ

I'm going to try the Narcisse & Imprevu combo! I love both of them but they don't work on their own, they always need pairing.

User38

ms qqq.. I find the same. Narcisse works well for me in deep winter.. but with a slight tan, it only gives me a slight pink glow, pairing it with Imprevu has worked and also gives my chubby cheeks more definition
pretty.gif

Shypo

I have Narcisse and never use it - I had not considered pairing it with Imprevu....I don't have that one but will see what it's all about......
sneaky.gif

Fresque is sort of light on me - I have to build it. I may in fact return it, but I do want to love it - I love the pink glow in it! I'll have to keep using it and see.......

I posted on one of the other Chanel threads.....if anyone runs across Turbulent, I would love a heads-up - that is my one big regret - but somehow I missed its release. Must have been occupied with another brand at the time........

ebay.gif
TY!!

Miss QQ

Hi Cheryl! Yup, Turbulent is gorgeous, I want it too.

I used Narcisse and Imprevu together on Saturday and they worked well. Together they gave a lot of colour on my cheeks. Thanks to HG for the suggestion!

Monsy

I bought Narcisse tonight at DF. What a beautifl baby pink color! I liked Tea rose too, but didnt buy it. Now I regret

ElvenEyes

Now that I have been drawn over to the dark side and am wearing JC Rose Petale for the first time, I love it and am amazed at how pigmented the Chanel blushes are. I am also looking for some softer colours and a baby pink one. I looked at the online store and Pink Explosion is not listed. Sniff...sniff... Any other JC suggestions for this pale NW15 Chanel fanatic?

ElvenEyes

Thank you! I will have to try and get to a counter again and play, though Nordstrom sometimes doesn't have all the available colours and it gets frustrating! I keep peeking at swatches online by various people. I so wanted a bubblegum kind of pink which always looks flattering on me!

Winthrop44

I would love a bubblegum pink JC too, and also one like MAC's Breath of Plum, but for some reason Chanel doesn't seem to like colors like that for JCs.

ElvenEyes

I would love a bubblegum pink JC too, and also one like MAC's Breath of Plum, but for some reason Chanel doesn't seem to like colors like that for JCs.

I've noticed that! I have to be careful, probably like you, as we are both pale! I find a lot of the JC blushes were a bit too red, or orange/brown on me. Even the lady at the counter was surprised that colours she thought would look good on me came out orange. I need to keep it cool. Isn't Breath of Plum wonderful? I just recently bought it while making up several blush palettes. Love it!

Shypo

The new Rose Tourbillion may come close to fitting the bill - it's a brighter pink, but very clear. A definite mid-tone pink with pretty (but very subtle) sparkles. You might want to check that out during Nordie's anniversary sale.....

ElvenEyes

The new Rose Tourbillion may come close to fitting the bill - it's a brighter pink, but very clear. A definite mid-tone pink with pretty (but very subtle) sparkles. You might want to check that out during Nordie's anniversary sale.....

Thank you! I will check it out!!

QueenOfSnark

So I've come to the unfortunate conclusion that the problem I'm having with the JCs is not staying power but that they don't show up. >_< Out of the current perm line only Imprevu shows up substantially. I really wanted to be in love with In Love but it was nothing but a sheen on me. My fave Chanel SA (who's been with them forever) told me that unfortunately JCs that would've been perfect for me, Horizon and Fantasia, are DC'd. BAH! Time to scour evilbay I guess.

On a positive note, swatched Rose Tourbillon and it seems to be pigmented enough to show up on me, but I'm reserving judgement until it's on my face and not my arm. Have an appointment with my SA next Thursday so we'll see.

Miss QQ

Check out Enchantresse too, it is quite dark, looks close to Fandango. I passed both though, but I have Imprevu.