Chanel Joues Contraste blushes

Winthrop44

I guess Fandango is pretty widely available, as I see it on Chanel.com and Nordstrom too. Maybe you can see it at another counter if it wasn't at yours? I see Bloomingdales online still has Plum Attraction. Have you ever seen that one irl?

Monsy

http://naturalnchicmakeup.blogspot.com/2011/06/chanel-rose-ecrin-joues-contraste-blush.html

GREAT review!

I guess i will not be getting rose ecrin because i already have rose orchid

QueenOfSnark

Winthrop--I guess Nordies just got some new stock in as it definitely wasn't available there the other day! My local counter seems to have it, so I'll have to go take a look at Fandango vs Imprevu. Whichever I like better I'll ask it to be set aside for me when I pick up Rose Tourbillon next week for the Anniversary sale. Unfortunately I've never seen Plum Attraction as I just got into Chanel with the Byzance collection, but seeing pics of it worries me somewhat that I'll look bruised. :/

MissQQ: I've seen pics of Enchantresse, it's PRETTY. A shame I missed out on a lot of good/pretty JC's.

EDIT: Tried on Fandango today and LOVED it, gave my face a nice natural pink-bronze look, like a natural sun-kissed flush. If I hadn't of just nabbed it in a swap I would've bought it without hesitation. I think this is going to become my everyday-too-lazy-to-choose-otherwise blush.

QueenOfSnark

I'm SO ecstatic--just managed to snag Fantasia, Horizon, Reflex, and Enchanteresse through a CP/swap!
yahoo.gif

QueenOfSnark

Just posted a TON of swatches in the Chanel swatch thread, since all the JCs I swapped for came in today. :3 I have to say I'm surprised at how powdery the US JCs are...I'm worried they'll look dusty on my face, but we'll see. I heard that Chanel was consolidating their production, and I hope it'll all be like the European versions. I think if I buy any further JCs (like I need to, LOL) I'm going to try to CP for the European versions.

Miss QQ

^^ Thanks! Joyeuse look gorgeous on Liz! Turbulent looks much brighter and more blue than RT, so they are very different indeed. However, I thought RT and PE looks red in her swatch. They don't look like this when I swatched them, they are much pinker.

Almost black.

I received Pink Explosion not that long ago and I have to say it's gorgeous! I love that color though I'll see in the winter time how exactly it looks on me cause at the moment I got some tan so it's not *the* color I'd like it to be but it is beautiful either way. :)

Shypo

Hi Almost black.! I'm glad you love PE - I love Chanel's bright pink blushes!! Are you enjoying your Sleek palettes?

Almost black.

Hi Shypo!
I do love it, it's gorgeous! And though it's baked, it's easy to work with (I have another baked blush, also Chanel and that one is hard!). :)

I love my Sleek palettes, will be using them this week more often. It's been way too hot these past days so I wasn't really putting too much of makeup on my face cause everything just melts down
blink.gif

Shypo

^^ Boy, I know that feeling! It was too hot here today too for me to bother with ANY makeup - just sunscreen. I have so many looks I want to do that I hate to have to pass a day up!

My new Sleek palettes will come with me to CA in early August - I just love them. I only wish that we could get them easily without having to pay steep shipping, and higher prices on ebay. I read that Sephora in France is carrying them, so maybe we can hope they'll eventually be online.

Sorry - off-topic -
girlhaha.gif
back2topic.gif

Try to stay cool!!!

Shypo

That's a nice one to start with! You'll definitely become a 'collector'! I'm shooting for Pink Cloud next, if it ever comes online at chanel.com.....
th_rolleye0014.gif

xphoenix06

I've falling in love with all Chanel blushes, I just recently got into Chanel. My sister gifted me my first Joues Contraste in Rose Bronze (Mirage) and a gloss about a month ago. I've always been intrigued by the blushes but didn't look into them more because of price. I'm definitely going to get more now that I'm addicted, both the Joues Contraste and Tweed blushes.
I've heard that the Joues Contraste that are sold in America and Europe are different, if it's true just of curiosity why are the U.S. Joues Contraste blushes not baked and the European Joues Contraste are?

Bonitinha

^^ I'm not sure why there is the difference with the US blushes that are not baked and the European blushes that are baked.
I love the US version JC's!

QueenOfSnark

I've heard on various blogs that Chanel's going to consolidate production to Europe, so in the next couple of years all JCs will be in the Euro formula. I personally prefer the Euro formula as it's not as powdery/obvious on my face, so I'll be glad for it.