Chanel Joues Contraste blushes

Monsy

i like us formula much much better. euro ones are not pigmented enough and too hard. don't like them at all.

Winthrop44

^^ Me neither Monsy. Some seem to start out ok but then get hard over time. I'll probably stop buying JCs if they transition to all baked...which might actually make my wallet very happy.
th_thdeadea.gif

Miss QQ

I've never seen a US JC before in real. My Euro JCs can be quite shimmery sometimes, and they are a little bit hard but I have no poblems using mac 129 on them. I like that they are buildable. I am very used to them and swirling my brush on them more forcefully then I would on other blushes. I like them, just like the baked eyeshadows, I find that they last better on me than mac blushes.

Winthrop44

I've never seen a US JC before in real. My Euro JCs can be quite shimmery sometimes, and they are a little bit hard but I have no poblems using mac 129 on them. I like that they are buildable. I am very used to them and swirling my brush on them more forcefully then I would on other blushes. I like them, just like the baked eyeshadows, I find that they last better on me than mac blushes.

I'm sure you know how to work with the baked products better than I do. I don't do well with the baked e/s quads either. The shadow, especially if it's shimmery, tends to "skip" on my crepey old lids and I end up with a patchy mess.
ssad.gif

baghdad81

I also just got my first JC...I got a classic pink explosion...I have so many other blushes I couldn't justify two! So for now I am limiting myself to one! I find that these don't swatch well on me anyway...almost like there is very little payoff but on the skin they look wonderful....I am NC20, Chanel VLA B20? Any other recommendations?

Winthrop44

Yeah, that's sort of what I mean with the baked ones. Pink Explosion was only made in the baked version for sale everywhere, but it has relatively good pigment. The one I've had the most trouble with is Tea Rose. I think Canada may get the baked version in general because I think mrslid orders the US ones from Neiman Marcus, but I might be remembering incorrectly? As far as colors I would recommend checking out Espiegle and Rose petale.

Winthrop44

Believe it or not they all say "Made in France" on them now (or at least mine do) so don't worry if you do order a US one and it says that. The formula is different though, with only the US version containing mineral oil. The easiest way to tell is that the baked ones are 4g and the non-baked are 6g. You might want to pm mrslid (or contact her thru her Perilously Pale blog) to ask about ordering because I think she might have also found it cheaper to call a Macys. I'm not familiar with all the particulars.

QueenOfSnark

^ No wonder the US versions are so terrible on me, mineral oil = BIG NO on my face. :( Surprised my face never exploded with those on...I might have to think about swapping/selling them though I'll have to find decent dupes of Horizon and Enchanteresse.

Winthrop44

QueenOfSnark, mineral oil is a big no on my face too...it turns my rosacea beet red....but someohow I have zero problem with the US JCs. Sometimes the other things in the formula do make a difference. Maybe the mineral oil does not act the same as free mineral oil would. Have you broken out or otherwise reacted to the US ones?

katred

Specktra Bestie
Yeah, that's sort of what I mean with the baked ones. Pink Explosion was only made in the baked version for sale everywhere, but it has relatively good pigment. The one I've had the most trouble with is Tea Rose. I think Canada may get the baked version in general because I think mrslid orders the US ones from Neiman Marcus, but I might be remembering incorrectly? As far as colors I would recommend checking out Espiegle and Rose petale.

We get international versions of basically everything Chanel, including basic products and international versions of collections. However, NM and Nordstrom ship to Canada, so you can order from them to get US versions.

For mineral oil concerns, it's a sort of general term and there can be variations in the type of oil used, so it could be that you have reactions to certain types of mineral oil, but not others. Mineral oil is generally comedogenic (clogs pores), for instance, but not when it is purified (distilled multiple times).

QueenOfSnark

I know this thread is more for the JCs, but what's everyone's opinion on the Tweed blushes? Brun Rose really caught my eye when I swatched it this morning, but I worry about the color looking flat once the gold overspray's gone.

Winthrop44

I only have Tweed Fuschia, which I like alot. Based on that one, and what I've read about others, they don't look flat at all once the overspray is gone. Actually I removed most of my overspray before using mine because that much shimmer tends to irritate my rosacea. I've been curious about Brun Rose too. The only other one I've tried is the Asia exclusive very pale rose one...I think maybe it was called Rose Subtil, but I'm not sure anymore...in any case it was more than "subtil", it didn't show up on me at all.
lol.gif

QueenOfSnark

FYI--I remember hearing here that Chanel's No.5 Pinceau Contours was the best brush for picking up pigment from the baked Euro JCs...and of course, Chanel has DC'd that brush. >_< After much research I found that Hakuhodo's G503/G504 brushes are pretty much dupes. My hubby, awesome as he is, bought one for me recently (AFTER the price hike!) and I can definitely say it's worth it to pick one up. The G503 (which I have) has a slightly longer/thicker brush head than the G504, which has softer hair (squirrel). I figured that since what I was looking for was a stiff brush the goat hair was best, hence me picking up the G503. It easily picks up color from my most stubborn Euro JC (I'm looking at YOU, Reflex!) and lays a soft wash of color on my face. Even with the stiffer hair/head it's still quite soft. Can't recommend it enough.

QueenOfSnark

Hey ladies, was browsing Chanel's site (making a wishlist as always, LOL) and the following blushes are listed under the Deja Vu / DC'd list, so grab them while you can:

-Imprevu
-Tempting Beige
-Mocha
-Fandango

suenoojos

i ahve been collecting them for a while !!
turbulent and poesie are my faves
chanel nude jc used to my everyday blush
i wish chanel would bring it back :(

Winthrop44

Yep, they should repromote all 3 of those before repromoting baked Pink Explosion again imo. Poesie was baked only and Asia exclusive the first time around; I have it but I'd love one in the US formula.

suenoojos

Yep, they should repromote all 3 of those before repromoting baked Pink Explosion again imo. Poesie was baked only and Asia exclusive the first time around; I have it but I'd love one in the US formula.
oh i agree !!
I have never been able to find a dupe for nude tho :(

Latest posts