Chanel Les Expressions de Chanel 2012

baghdad81

Actually, it's already out in Canada. Holt Renfrew has it, if you're near one. Not sure about other locations.
YA I saw it at the bay too. It's been out for a while. the other day I put vision on my lid using my finger (i usually use the brush included) and it looked amazing. It's almost like molten gold spread on my lid that with just a few sparkles to catch the light as I move...LOVEEEE :eyelove:

Haven

Ship date for this collection to counters in the US is October 22, 2012.
001_unsure.gif

Miss QQ

oh, my Chanel lady told me that Brad Pitt is the new "man" for Chanel #5
amuse.gif
You guys prolly already know that, but I didn't & not like I care.
I didn't know that. The perfume is for ladies or men? Not a fan of Brad Pitt and don't care too

baghdad81 - I can't wait to swatch Vision in person.

elegant-one

I didn't know that. The perfume is for ladies or men? Not a fan of Brad Pitt and don't care too

baghdad81 - I can't wait to swatch Vision in person.
girlhaha.gif

I know. I was wonder about the #5 thing too? Maybe she meant Blue - isn't that the mens cologne?

If you get to look/swatch - let us know.

Icecaramellatte

Ship date for this collection to counters in the US is October 22, 2012.
001_unsure.gif
Good to know. Too bad. I think those shadows would be great for summer. I guess I can just hold them to next summer. I feel like I need a Chanel calendar to keep up with the release dates.

Miss QQ

I saw this collection today. Spices is repromoted again, lol, I think Chanel repromotes this quad at least twice a year here. The studio showed the video of the collection and the colours look beautiful on the model. It is the same model in the promo pic.
Abstraction is a sheer pink on me. Pretty, not too warm. Maybe I can use it as a blush?
Vision is glittery like Fantasme, and the glitters will migrate. When I swatched it, they migrated so you see Abstraction has the gold bits. It is very pretty, but requires a stickier base like Too Faced glitter glue which I use for Fantasme.
Variation - The bottom two dark colours are sheer and dry, especially the bottom left shade. The bottom left shade also h!s visible glitters, but they are not too chunky. The two lighter shades are smooth and pigmented, I love the taupe!
Intuition - The gold shade is sheer, the other three are pigmented. It has a good balance of warm and cool, I think the bottom left shade is slightly cooler compared to the other shades. I feel the texture of both quads are not as smooth as the newer quads like Prelude and Rives, but have the texture of the older quads like Spices. You can see from the pics that the%2psurface is bumpy. All these quads I refer to are baked.

The pics are taken with my iPhone but I hope they give you an idea what they look like.

Abstraction, Vision

Variation, Intuition

Winthrop44

Thanks so much for your thoughts & the pics Miss QQ! I think I am still more a fan of the browns in Intuition than in Rives (maybe) but I guess I'll wait for the US version - if we get one. Did you buy anything?

Miss QQ

I like the colours of Intuition more than Rives too. I didn't buy anything, I shall wait for more reviews first. Are these perm? One SA told me LE while another said perm.

Icecaramellatte

Thanks Miss QQ for the pics. I still want Vision and Abstraction. I'm undecided on the quads. I like that taupe shade as well.

elegant-one

lol.gif

I would prefer a more matured James Bond type guy
girlhaha.gif

Anyhow, so I am re-thinking the shadows because of the glitter fallout. I can't decide.

Shadowy Lady

I went to a Chanel counter after what seems like ages (maybe 4-5 months) to treat myself a bit. I had wanted Mirifique Illusion d'Ombre and that's when I saw this collection and the gold Illusion d'Ombre (Vision). I absolutely fell in love with it! I don't care that it has glitter...to me the glitter is fine and sophisticated. So I grabbed both Mirifique and Vision and I'm a happy camper. I'll try n do a look this weekend and post it for you guys :)

I must say now that I'm on a VERY strictly limited makeup purchase, I really enjoy the items I buy a lot more. Right now for me it's 1-2 items every 6 months and I've never been happier. I also sold quite bit of my LE stuff and the experience was so liberating. I still love makeup of course but my point of view on collecting/buying is different.
:D

How r u ladies all doing? I feel like I haven't posted in forever! I'll start my mat leave in 2 weeks so then I'll probably be around much more

Bonitinha

^^Shadowy -- I don't think I ever heard if you were having a boy or girl or when your due date was?? How are you doing/feeling??

Ladies, you are cracking me up with the Brad Pitt talk LOL! He certainly thinks he is "the stuff" haha

elegant-one

I just want to throw him on the ground, crawl on top of him and....

Shave his facial hair off!
lol.gif

Gotcha guys
(I'm bored today)