Chanel lipsticks - Rouge Coco, Rouge Allure, etc.

Shadowy Lady

I was actually thinking of web sites like All Cosmetics Wholesale. Haven't found a brick and mortar store... yet...
Had forgotten about those guys! Thanks for reminding me Kate :)

Here's Chanel Dragon...still pissed off this got DC'd
cry.gif
I wore it yesterday to a holiday party:

katred

Specktra Bestie
Had forgotten about those guys! Thanks for reminding me Kate :)

Here's Chanel Dragon...still pissed off this got DC'd
cry.gif
I wore it yesterday to a holiday party:

You look so beautiful with this. I love the soft neutrals on the eyes, too. I think Guerlain's Garconne looks fairly similar, although I haven't bought it yet, it's one of those ones that's perpetually on my list of things to get. But yeah, I can't imagine why Chanel discontinued it just as everyone else was about to get in on the liquid lipstick wave. A cult classic.

I've discovered a new Chanel combo that I love at the moment- the new Rouge Allure in Rouge Noir + Intrigue glossimer. I don't often combine glosses and lipsticks, actually, but the office where I work is so dry, I can't actually wear lipstick on its own most days.

Of course, this isn't an office look, but I do love the two of them together. Only problem is that RN already doesn't have great wear time before it starts to fade and this is an especially soft gloss, so the effect tends to change pretty quickly...

Shadowy Lady

Katred - thank you! You've got a great combo going on here. I need to try and recreate it. I think I said it before but you and I have the same taste in lipsticks, lol!

I know what you mean about Chanel's bad timing in with DC'ing the RAL. Now pretty much everyone and their mothers are making these satiny liquid lipsticks. I just saw the new GA Maestero lipsticks in the Armani thread and their #400 also looks a lot like Dragon. I need to go swatch that and the Guerlain (I'll take Dragon with me) and decide on the best dupe :)

Ladychris11

I want Rouge Noir, do you girls think it would look good on me? I am NC15-20 with strong yellow tones. Blank pale Asian skin.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I want Rouge Noir, do you girls think it would look good on me? I am NC15-20 with strong yellow tones. Blank pale Asian skin.
Looks pretty grey on Xiao from Messy Wands.

http://www.messywands.com/2012/10/the-new-chanel-rouge-allure-in-rouge.html

I think she might be a bit darker than you, but her photos might give you an idea.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks so much! She's definitely darker than I am but we share the same undertone. I'm def. getting it now.
smiles.gif
Glad to be of help, although I must say, what I meant was it looks pretty GREAT, not grey!!! I think it will look lovely on you. It seems to work very nicely on pale skin of all sorts.

Shypo

I wish I felt confident enough to wear vampy lips - they look so great!! I feel like I would look like I was trying too hard
th_loser.gif
girlhaha.gif
. I'm not as pale as some of you so perhaps that's why......

Winthrop44

I used to like vampy lips when I was younger but now I don't think they're my best look. My lips are still full (I haaaate dark thin lips on older women) but still for some reason I can only pull off darker lip colors now as glosses or stains, not full-on lipstick anymore.

Shypo

^^ That may account for my reluctance as well.....over the holidays my husband's stepmother and father visited - she reapplied her lipstick which was a dark, dark reddish-plum that she favors, and I have to say I physically flinched when I looked at her
amazed.gif
.......not her best look either, and she's a very attractive woman.

katred

Specktra Bestie
That's a good point - I'll have to keep looking for just the right shade!
pretty.gif
Completely agree. I'm convinced that any woman can rock a deep lip colour- although I agree, if your lips are thin, you probably want to add a gloss to avoid looking too severe. I actually find that it looks very sophisticated when done properly. At least I hope it does, or I look pretty ridiculous a lot of the time...
blink.gif

Shypo

^^ LOL!! No, my dear, you have nothing to worry about! You rock vampy lips like no one I know!
pretty.gif
My lips are not thin, so I don't worry about that too much, but perhaps I'll play around and see what I can manage....I'm going to a show at our local 'Broadway' venue in a couple of weeks - that might be the opportunity to try something out!

Shypo

And on the subject of vampy lips, I'm watching Cyndi Lauper on the Today show......no offense, but she looks like Beetlejuice. There used to be a mom at my sons' grade school who was always made up like Beetlejuice. She was very pale, work vampy lips, and wicked dark eye shadow that sort of ringed her eyes. She was not Goth, but I used to wonder about the lighting in her bathroom. What didn't help was her hair looked like BJ's too.......I guess my fear lies in looking like that.

I saw Cyndi sing on a recent episode of Happily Divorced, and I have to say I loved her voice! It's beautiful (she sang 'Someone to Watch Over Me') and I like it in that type of genre better than her 'pop' voice (which I also like(d) but didn't love).

ChosenOne

Just poking my head into this thread for the first time because of the picture of Keira Knightley in the September issue of Harper's Bazaar. I'm sure you know the one I mean, and I'm sorry if it's already been discussed:

Four months later and I'm still pining over that lipstick. Supposedly it's Chanel Rouge Allure in Déterminée. I wanted to get the professional opinions here (that would be you lovely people!) and see if people believe that's how Déterminée really looks, or if it's been altered with liner or mixed with other lipsticks for this picture. Because if that's how that color really looks, I'll have to make my first ever Chanel cosmetics purchase.

Rads

Just poking my head into this thread for the first time because of the picture of Keira Knightley in the September issue of Harper's Bazaar. I'm sure you know the one I mean, and I'm sorry if it's already been discussed:

Four months later and I'm still pining over that lipstick. Supposedly it's Chanel Rouge Allure in Déterminée. I wanted to get the professional opinions here (that would be you lovely people!) and see if people believe that's how Déterminée really looks, or if it's been altered with liner or mixed with other lipsticks for this picture. Because if that's how that color really looks, I'll have to make my first ever Chanel cosmetics purchase.
Oooooh..that photo is awesome!! Hmm..I don't have Determinee to tell for sure, but I doubt if that's just lipstick without any help from a liner....and photo editing...hopefully, someone who has the lipstick can give a more useful answer :D

ChosenOne

Oooooh..that photo is awesome!! Hmm..I don't have Determinee to tell for sure, but I doubt if that's just lipstick without any help from a liner....and photo editing...hopefully, someone who has the lipstick can give a more useful answer :D
Well it's confirmed that it's not just lipstick. In fact, I don't know if that lipstick was used on her at all. I went to the Chanel counter today to satisfy my curiosity, and Déterminée came out completely brown on me. Regardless of someone's skin tone, there's no f*ing way that lipstick would ever come out looking like it does in that pic on anyone! So sad. I really love that color too...

On the bright side, I found a Bite Beauty lipstick that looked like it might be close, so now I have another brand to explore
fluffy.gif

Rads

Well it's confirmed that it's not just lipstick. In fact, I don't know if that lipstick was used on her at all. I went to the Chanel counter today to satisfy my curiosity, and Déterminée came out completely brown on me. Regardless of someone's skin tone, there's no f*ing way that lipstick would ever come out looking like it does in that pic on anyone! So sad. I really love that color too...

On the bright side, I found a Bite Beauty lipstick that looked like it might be close, so now I have another brand to explore
fluffy.gif
Not an exact dupe, but you might want to give Burberry Bright Poppy a try too....I never do understand why magazines/people throw all these shade names out there quite randomly! It's almost like... Oh..we have to promote this partcular brand and this particular lipstick shade...what do we do...ooooh yaaaa...do a celebrity photoshoot and just list whatever makeup you have to promote for the month in there!! Never mind that the colors don't really match...at alll..
th_MadWithShortFuse.gif

Shypo

I have come to the conclusion that these magazines only mention products in order to give the cosmetics company 'credit' in exchange for advertising dollars. I realized this one day when I was perusing Allure, and in the fashion section, the model's makeup didn't change one iota from photo to photo, but the caption of the pictures mentioned different brands/colors.

I also think the reality is that makeup artists on fashion shoots just use what's in their kit/palette, and mix up whatever they want or what is called for by the designer., without using any particular brand (in most cases). It probably seems obvious to most folks on here, but it took me awhile to figure out that what I was looking at was most likely not even close to what the mag claims it is.......