Chanel lipsticks - Rouge Coco, Rouge Allure, etc.

Rads

I have come to the conclusion that these magazines only mention products in order to give the cosmetics company 'credit' in exchange for advertising dollars. I realized this one day when I was perusing Allure, and in the fashion section, the model's makeup didn't change one iota, but the caption of the pictures mentioned different brands/colors.

I also think the reality is that makeup artists on fashion shoots just use what's in their kit/palette, and mix up whatever they want or what is called for by the designer., without using any particular brand (in most cases). It probably seems obvious to most folks on here, but it took me awhile to figure out that what I was looking at was most likely not even close to what the mag claims it is.......
Same here! For a really long time, I used to believe everything I read :| Older..wiser :D :D

Antigone

I'm a little annoyed by Christine's reviews of the new RA's. I know everyone has a different experience and all that, but I just don't agree with her reviews. Plus, a lot of people take her reviews to heart and won't even try anything for themselves based on her experience with it. She gave my favorite RA, Extatique a B and said it was dry. I don't find that to be the case at all and I have naturally dry lips. Plus, I just don't rate hydration as highly as she apparently does. I don't know. I'm not knocking her because heaven knows I've defended her a lot on this forum, but it's just that some people might miss out on something they love because one blogger didn't have the best experience with it. That's the downside of the internet, I guess.
The shade does not suit her. That might be a factor.

I love Extatique. :) I would have loved if it came in the original RA formula, but this new formula is still better than most lipsticks in the market.

vaisforluvrs

I have come to the conclusion that these magazines only mention products in order to give the cosmetics company 'credit' in exchange for advertising dollars. I realized this one day when I was perusing Allure, and in the fashion section, the model's makeup didn't change one iota from photo to photo, but the caption of the pictures mentioned different brands/colors.

I also think the reality is that makeup artists on fashion shoots just use what's in their kit/palette, and mix up whatever they want or what is called for by the designer., without using any particular brand (in most cases). It probably seems obvious to most folks on here, but it took me awhile to figure out that what I was looking at was most likely not even close to what the mag claims it is.......
Yes, they use it to advertise whatever brand the actress or model gets paid to advertise. IE, Zooey Dechanel models for Rimmel, so all of the makeup listed in Glamour was from Rimmel and I think Pantene was probably listed for hair products.

ChosenOne

Okay, ladies...sell me on Chanel lipstick. I've read posts from some of you saying it's the best ever, I gather because it applies nicely and feels great on the lips? What color would you recommend as my "gateway lipstick" from this brand? I'm NC20/25 if that helps. TIA!

Doll

Okay, ladies...sell me on Chanel lipstick.  I've read posts from some of you saying it's the best ever, I gather because it applies nicely and feels great on the lips?  What color would you recommend as my "gateway lipstick" from this brand?  I'm NC20/25 if that helps.  TIA!
I'm NC20 and I'm in love with the color as well as the formula of the Rouge Allure Velvet La Favorite from the 2013 Spring Collection. If you like bright pinks then I will recommend L'eclatante.

ChosenOne

If you like bright pinks then I will recommend L'eclatante.
Thank you so much!
bouquet.gif
I will check these out at the mall sometime during the week.

JulieDiva

Okay, ladies...sell me on Chanel lipstick. I've read posts from some of you saying it's the best ever, I gather because it applies nicely and feels great on the lips? What color would you recommend as my "gateway lipstick" from this brand? I'm NC20/25 if that helps. TIA!
I love Chanel lipsticks!!!

My first lippie was the Rouge Coco shade in "mademoiselle". A lovely mid toned neautral shade. I also love "Destinee" from last spring...a mid tone plum shade. And a sweet pink shade called "Magnolia" from the Rouge coco lip line is amazing for a natural lip.
I also love the new Rouge allures, specifically the shades from the new Spring line! They are on my to buy list next!!

ChosenOne

I love Chanel lipsticks!!!

My first lippie was the Rouge Coco shade in "mademoiselle". A lovely mid toned neautral shade. I also love "Destinee" from last spring...a mid tone plum shade. And a sweet pink shade called "Magnolia" from the Rouge coco lip line is amazing for a natural lip.
I also love the new Rouge allures, specifically the shades from the new Spring line! They are on my to buy list next!!
Mademoiselle was already on my list to check out! Looked up some swatches online to get an idea of what I might like, but I want to go to the counter to look at them myself. I'll have to take a peek at Destinee (if they still make it) and Magnolia now!

How do you like the Rouge Coco versus the Rouge Allures?

Doll

Ohhh yes get Magnolia the perfect everyday pink. Here is a link: http://ommorphiabeautybar.com/2012/03/21/chanel-magnolia-rouge-coco-sourire-rouge-coco-shine-new-for-spring-2012-swatches-review/

Dominique33

Mademoiselle was already on my list to check out! Looked up some swatches online to get an idea of what I might like, but I want to go to the counter to look at them myself. I'll have to take a peek at Destinee (if they still make it) and Magnolia now!

How do you like the Rouge Coco versus the Rouge Allures?
The Rouges Coco are ready-to-wear, easily wearable on any occasion. Peter Philips created the Rouge Coco as a "rouge prêt à porter ", the RA are more classy ( packaging ), colours are often bolder ( red, deep red, bright colours as well ), I prefer the Rouges Coco but I also have RA Velvet or not ( I purchased l'Eclatante last week and L'Impatiente for Christmas ). Rouges Coco are really good, shades are subtle and elegant. A Rouge Coco is a must-have in my opinion.

ChosenOne

The Rouges Coco are ready-to-wear, easily wearable on any occasion. Peter Philips created the Rouge Coco as a "rouge prêt à porter ", the RA are more classy ( packaging ), colours are often bolder ( red, deep red, bright colours as well ), I prefer the Rouges Coco but I also have RA Velvet or not ( I purchased l'Eclatante last week and L'Impatiente for Christmas ). Rouges Coco are really good, shades are subtle and elegant. A Rouge Coco is a must-have in my opinion.
Gotcha! Thank you so much for the detailed explanation of the difference. I really appreciate it! Most of the shades that have been catching my eye are Rouges Coco, so I'll probably start with one of those. Looking forward to going to the counter later this week to play!

sweetscent

RA Fantasque from 2013 SS look pretty similar to YSL RC lipstick Rose Deesse when applied on lips. Fantasque is much more shimmery, sheerer and rosey. YSL Rose Deesse has more colour coverage. RA seems less accentuates lip lines.

elkaknits

thanks for the comparison picture~ I think the RA looks more my speed but they are both beautiful
RA Fantasque from 2013 SS look pretty similar to YSL RC lipstick Rose Deesse when applied on lips. Fantasque is much more shimmery, sheerer and rosey. YSL Rose Deesse has more colour coverage. RA seems less accentuates lip lines.

sweetscent

thanks for the comparison picture~ I think the RA looks more my speed but they are both beautiful
YSL gives bit more frosty-er look but both very wearable shades and are quite natural application. Personally i like to wear YSL with more stronger eye shades or liners. it just pops better when do that and wear RA pretty often during the day time regardless of my eye makeup.

Shadowy Lady

I don't know if I ever posted it here, but Chanel Palpitante has become my new favourite pinky red. I think I might actually like it more than Chanel Cambon RC. Here's a look of me wearing Palpitante, skintone is in my signature:

katred

Specktra Bestie
And Kate adds another Chanel lipstick to her want list... You look gorgeous, SL- that colour just lights up your face! I love your coat too, by the way.

Shadowy Lady

thanks guys :) I think I may need to get a back-up when I'm in the US next. It just hurts my head to pay $40CAD for a second one.

Oh and Kate, jacket is an old find from RW&Co....I think from fall collection 3 years ago.

ChosenOne

Not quite sure what happened to me today. I was at the mall, checking out the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders at Sephora. I had a gift card so I figured I would get two of them. When they only had one of the two I was interested in, I figured I would buy the one in store and use the rest of my gift card online to buy the other one. Except I suddenly found myself traveling clear across the mall to Macy's...to the Chanel counter...and using the rest of the gift card to get Legende lipstick. Whoops?

And I still ordered the other Hourglass powder as soon as I got home, even though I had spent every penny on my gift card. I feel like I need to stand in the corner and hang my head in shame, lol.