Chanel lipsticks - Rouge Coco, Rouge Allure, etc.

Almus

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Michelle, I have Naive arriving tomorrow with the rest of my holiday order. I can swatch it for you if you'd like.
smiles.gif

I'd love to see it too!
cutey.gif

I just look for it on google and saw the swatches in Temptalia and it's very beautiful (as well as Curious).

switchblade

This thread has me lemming Insouciante! I'll go check it out tomorrow.
smiles.gif

My favorite mlbb/nude pinks are Naive, Tender and Discrete. Here's an old pic of my RAs (sorry, I didn't have time to take swatch pics yet!)

From left to right: Mythic, Tender, Discrete, Naive
IqMJQl.jpg

Almus

Oh I love the four of them! But if I continue buying Chanel's lip stuff like this, every single country will come out of the economical crisis and I'll be stuck behind!

Maybe I should use some parental control software on Spektra
lol.gif

Bonitinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almus
Oh I love the four of them! But if I continue buying Chanel's lip stuff like this, every single country will come out of the economical crisis and I'll be stuck behind!

Maybe I should use some parental control software on Spektra
lol.gif

I agree -- all of them look gorgeous. Thanks, Switchblade for the pic!
I could use a little self control meself!
winks.gif

Bonitinha

Quote:
I posted swatches of Naive RA in the Chanel swatch forum.

Thanks Karin! It looks so pretty in the tube and in the swatch! I can't wait until Chanel gets it back in stock and it ships to me!

elegant-one

Quote:
I posted swatches of Naive RA in the Chanel swatch forum.

Wow that looks so yummy pretty!

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ

elegant, can you compare Adorable with Magnolia? Is Magnolia much darker and warmer? I remember I like adorable a lot.

sure, give me a minute.

img3589c.jpg

Magnolia on the left, Adorable on the right.

atwingirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslid
Thanks!! I must say Rouge Cocos are my FAVOURITE Chanel product and what started my addiction. I now own 8. My first was Orchidee, quickly followed by Cambon. I then got Chintz and Chalys from Fall 2010 as soon as it launched. I just got my latest four yesterday. Bois des Iles, Mademoiselle, Organdi Rose and Sycamore. I love them all but Sycamore which I think I may have to swap. It just doesn't seem to go on even for me or something? I have two more coming in swaps at the moment. Muse and Cashmere. I find myself wanting to wear nothing but my RC's I love them that much!

I will post swatch pics as soon as I find some time in the daylight ;-)

I got Organdi Rose as well yesterday and am in love!!!

Miss QQ

Thanks, elegant, for the comparison! Magnolia looks much softer beside Adorable. Both are beautiful!
heart.gif
I'm going to the counter later today, and I have a feeling I'll be swatching all the light pink RAs.
lol.gif

Susanne

There is a Coco Rouge in Mademoiselle on hold for me until Friday!!
smiles.gif

I look forward to my first Chanel l/s.

Miss QQ

Hope you love it! It looks great with Pink Sugar l/l, especially with your pigmented lips!
th_wink3.gif

mrslid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
There is a Coco Rouge in Mademoiselle on hold for me until Friday!!
smiles.gif

I look forward to my first Chanel l/s.

That's great! You'll love it. I wondered if you had ended up picking one up yet or not
graucho.gif

bis

Girls, do you think one of the Chanel lipsticks is close to Innocence Beware from VV?
I actually like the colour on me and it is surprising as nudes never look right on me (not a nudist). But Cremesheens on me look horrible.

TIA
smiles.gif

Bonitinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey&LemonGirl
Does anyone own both Magnolia and Rose Dentelle RC? I've been wondering how they compare.

I think Elegant has both -- maybe she can swatch them side by side? I think Shypo has them both also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
Girls, do you think one of the Chanel lipsticks is close to Innocence Beware from VV?
I actually like the colour on me and it is surprising as nudes never look right on me (not a nudist). But Cremesheens on me look horrible.

TIA
smiles.gif

That was the one lippie I was going to get from VV, and then decided against it. It did look like a great color. I would love to know what you find out in the way of comparable Chanel lippies.
I haven't tried Mythic yet and I can't wait to see what Insouciante looks like on!

Miss QQ

^^ Insouciante is more beige than Mythic, which is very pale. But surprisingly I can wear Mythic. I like it for a pale, nude lips and I don't look like death!

Maybe you can take a look at Tender, Discrete and Darling? These are RAs. Mythic is pale like Innocence beware but it doesn't have that pink tint. Cremesheems look bad on me too.

I came back with Discrete and Cambon RC l/s! I also bought Pink Sugar l/l and Exces. Many of the soft pink/ nude pink RAs are already discontinued,
cry.gif
and my counter only has Discrete so I tried it on and it is very close to my lip colour, but it evens it out adds a hint of pink. I'll be wearing it a lot.
love.gif
Cambon is officially my first red l/s!
heart.gif
Although it is not a true red, it is still more red than pink. The MA recommended Gabrielle for a true, blue red.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey&LemonGirl
Does anyone own both Magnolia and Rose Dentelle RC? I've been wondering how they compare.

They are fairly close except that RD is noticeably more peach & Magnolia is more pink.

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha
That was the one lippie I was going to get from VV, and then decided against it. It did look like a great color. I would love to know what you find out in the way of comparable Chanel lippies.
I haven't tried Mythic yet and I can't wait to see what Insouciante looks like on!

Will let you know if I find something.
To me Insouciante is brown, more along the lines of Boy Bait (a bit darker).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
^^ Insouciante is more beige than Mythic, which is very pale. But surprisingly I can wear Mythic. I like it for a pale, nude lips and I don't look like death!

Maybe you can take a look at Tender, Discrete and Darling? These are RAs. Mythic is pale like Innocence beware but it doesn't have that pink tint. Cremesheems look bad on me too.

I came back with Discrete and Cambon RC l/s! I also bought Pink Sugar l/l and Exces. Many of the soft pink/ nude pink RAs are already discontinued,
cry.gif
and my counter only has Discrete so I tried it on and it is very close to my lip colour, but it evens it out adds a hint of pink. I'll be wearing it a lot.
love.gif
Cambon is officially my first red l/s!
heart.gif
Although it is not a true red, it is still more red than pink. The MA recommended Gabrielle for a true, blue red.

Thanks for the tips, I will look at Mythic and the others you listed. Gives me a reason to go swatching
greengrin.gif

How does Cambon apply? I heard a lot of people say it's a bit bitchy. And Éxes is so worth it
heart.gif

Enjoy your new goodies.

Latest posts