Chanel lipsticks - Rouge Coco, Rouge Allure, etc.

Miss QQ

I agree Insouciante is more brown rather than pink. Haven't try Cambon on my lips yet, I hope it is not difficult to apply!
icon_eek.gif

mrslid

Cambon is absolutely NOT blotchy! It applies and wears beautifully and it is such a gorgeous colours! One of my first and favourite RCs.

bis

Interesting, seems a that body chemistry plays a huge role. I could not apply a Cremesheen even if my life depended on it. So maybe for some Cambon is my Cremesheen?!

mrslid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
Interesting, seems a that body chemistry plays a huge role. I could not apply a Cremesheen even if my life depended on it. So maybe for some Cambon is my Cremesheen?!

Maybe? Or maybe the one you tried is a dud or something? Mine is so perfect I can't imagine anyone having a hard time with it? I don't even need a liner.

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslid
Maybe? Or maybe the one you tried is a dud or something? Mine is so perfect I can't imagine anyone having a hard time with it? I don't even need a liner.

I have not tried Cambon yet, so far I only have a sample that I have not opened yet. About Cambon being bitchy was on a blog somewhere. Sorry for the mixup.

Bonitinha

I got an email from Chanel telling me my Naive RA order was canceled
cry.gif
I have been wanting it for so long -- what a bummer!
I still have some other lippies coming my way, so that should appease me this week
winkiss.gif

Winthrop44

I believe Rouge Cocos are supposed to be more moisturizing but on me they are more drying. lol There are exceptions though...I agree with whoever said that Magnolia is more creamy than most RCs.The biggest difference to me is that the RAs tend to be more sheer than the RCs.

P.S. I just received Magnolia RC and I'm in love with it!
heart.gif

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha
cry.gif
I still have some other lippies coming my way, so that should appease me this week
winkiss.gif

Ugh, that really sucks! Maybe it will pop up on one of those other Chanel overstock retailers like Izzy's or Strawberrynet.

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
Glad that you are enjoying Magnolia!

Ladies who have Cambon, do you wear it with a liner?

I don't, I like it all by itself.
smiles.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
cry.gif

Aww
ssad.gif
I wonder why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
P.S. I just received Magnolia RC and I'm in love with it!
heart.gif

greengrin.gif
yay!
smiles.gif

Bonitinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Ugh, that really sucks! Maybe it will pop up on one of those other Chanel overstock retailers like Izzy's or Strawberrynet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Aww
ssad.gif
I wonder why?

The email said it was now out of stock and discontinued. So sad as it looked like a great wearable shade. Why is it then when I find something is no longer available, it makes me want it even more?? lol

I am super excited to get my other orders though!!
smiles.gif

mrslid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
Glad that you are enjoying Magnolia!

Ladies who have Cambon, do you wear it with a liner?

Nope I've never needed a liner
winks.gif

mrslid

OK I swore I wouldn't do this but now I'm considering trying some RAs. I've been so faithful to my RCs and also hoped that would curb the spending but having the expanded colour selection of RAs make me want to give them another shot. Also in Temptalia's lipstick comparisons this week she noted the RAs as having a longer wear time than the RCs which really surprised me since that is one of the things I love most about my RCs.

What colours should I try out first? There a few pics of me floating around on here so maybe something jumps to mind
winks.gif

Also does anyone know how Insouciante compares to MAC Blankety?? It's the only true Nude lipstick I've had any success with but I don't like the formula of Blankety.

Bonitinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslid
OK I swore I wouldn't do this but now I'm considering trying some RAs. I've been so faithful to my RCs and also hoped that would curb the spending but having the expanded colour selection of RAs make me want to give them another shot. Also in Temptalia's lipstick comparisons this week she noted the RAs as having a longer wear time than the RCs which really surprised me since that is one of the things I love most about my RCs.

What colours should I try out first? There a few pics of me floating around on here so maybe something jumps to mind
winks.gif

Also does anyone know how Insouciante compares to MAC Blankety?? It's the only true Nude lipstick I've had any success with but I don't like the formula of Blankety.

Let me just say you will love the click mechanism on the RA lipsticks! I have to keep my 5 year old from playing with it!
I am getting Insouciante today (if my package arrives) and I have Blankety, so I can swatch them side by side for you. I like Blankety, but it can pull a bit grey-ish pink if I don't fill in my lips with Subculture liner first. I am hoping that Insouciante is everything I wanted Blankety to be. I'll keep you posted . . .
Some other RA's on my list:
Incognito -- Chanel Les Impressions de Chanel Rouge Allure Lipstick Swatches, Reviews, Lip Swatches, Photos

Confidentelle -- Chanel Confidentielle Rouge Allure Lipstick

Mythic -- The Spring Season: Chanel Mythic Lipstick

Exquise -- The Spring Season: Chanel Exquise Lipstick

I was looking for Tender -- but I couldn't find it on Chanel or Neiman Marcus.
I also have Comedia, which is a gorgeous bright rose pink

If only I could try them all on in person!

mrslid

Quote:
Let me just say you will love the click mechanism on the RA lipsticks! I have to keep my 5 year old from playing with it!
I am getting Insouciante today (if my package arrives) and I have Blankety, so I can swatch them side by side for you. I like Blankety, but it can pull a bit grey-ish pink if I don't fill in my lips with Subculture liner first. I am hoping that Insouciante is everything I wanted Blankety to be. I'll keep you posted . . .
Some other RA's on my list:
Incognito -- Chanel Les Impressions de Chanel Rouge Allure Lipstick Swatches, Reviews, Lip Swatches, Photos

Confidentelle -- Chanel Confidentielle Rouge Allure Lipstick

Mythic -- The Spring Season: Chanel Mythic Lipstick

Exquise -- The Spring Season: Chanel Exquise Lipstick

I was looking for Tender -- but I couldn't find it on Chanel or Neiman Marcus.

If only I could try them all on in person!

Thank you so much!! I do love the click mechanism!! I have one RA in Genial and I had Super as well but swapped it. I just haven't had much experience with them other than that colour and I haven't wore it often since it is quite bold and now put away till next spring
winks.gif

Does anyone know if storing lipsticks in the fridge would be a good idea to help them last longer? There are certain shades I won't be wearing till next spring and wondered if that would keep them fresher longer. I hate when lipsticks start to turn and at $30 a pop I wan't to keep that from happening.

Bonitinha

OK, so Insouciante looks nothing like Blankety on. Blankety has much more of a pink undertone. Here is a pic with Blankety on the Left and Insouciante on the Right:
DSCN1344.jpg

The two side by side -- Insouciante on the L and Blankety on the R
DSCN1350.jpg

I paired Insouciante with Paillettes glossimer and loved it (also used MAC Subculture l/l)
DSCN1366.jpg

I am really happy with it. It is not as pink nude as I thought -- and kind of reminds me of MAC Patisserie. I really love the Paillettes over it -- it gives it a lil more pink/gold tone.
Tomorrow I will try out my Magnolia lippie
smiles.gif

mrslid

Quote:
OK, so Insouciante looks nothing like Blankety on. Blankety has much more of a pink undertone. Here is a pic with Blankety on the Left and Insouciante on the Right:

The two side by side -- Insouciante on the L and Blankety on the R

I paired Insouciante with Paillettes glossimer and loved it

I really am happy with it. It is not as pink nude as I thought -- and kind of reminds me of MAC Patisserie. I like it and really love the Paillettes over it -- it gives it a lil more pink/gold tone.

Thank you so so so much for doing that for me!!!
winkiss.gif
That looks absolutely fabulous on you!! Funny I don't remember Blankety haveing any pink at all on me? I wonder how much skintone affects it? I'll have to check it out again tonight when I get home.
urock.gif

Latest posts