Chanel lipsticks - Rouge Coco, Rouge Allure, etc.

Bonitinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslid
Thank you so so so much for doing that for me!!!
winkiss.gif
That looks absolutely fabulous on you!! Funny I don't remember Blankety haveing any pink at all on me? I wonder how much skintone affects it? I'll have to check it out again tonight when I get home.
urock.gif

I have a cool skintone -- so maybe that is why Blankety pulls pink on me? Insouciante is much more of a neutral color without the gloss. But I love how you can change it up!

Winthrop44

Blankety is pink on me and can pull a little grey too, and I have neutral to yellow undertones. MAC describes it as a soft pink-beige.

mrslid

I'm cool - neutral and pull off warm well because of my hair. It has been a while since I wore Blankety so it will be interesting to through it on again and see if maybe I'm remembering wrong ;-)

Edit: OK here are pics of Blankety. Am I totally colour blind or what? I dont think? it looks pink toned on me? I think it looks pretty neutral? Any RCs similar or that would look better. Is Insouciante a good choice or maybe Mythic?

Without and with flash. And yes I'm wearing my jammies again LOL

Bonitinha

mrslid -- Blankety does look pretty neutral on you. I bet if you swatched it right by Insouciante -- it would look a little pinkish in comparison. In the tube, Insouciante actually looks a lot more brown than I thought -- but it goes on a pretty neutral color. If you wanted a true nude -- I bet Mythic would be the way to go (although I haven't tried Mythic . . yet). You have such gorgeous coloring . . . lucky
smiles.gif

Miss QQ

I worn Cambon by itself and it applied effortlessly. It's great that it doesn't bleed for a red lipstick. Now I'm lemming more red lipsticks, maybe Excessive will be mine next!

bis

So I spent some time at the counter today and tried to find a match for Innocence, Beware!, but no luck. All colours were either more brown or more pink, but none was a light pink.
Well, I guess it was not meant to be
winks.gif

Bonitinha

So I spent some time at the counter today and tried to find a match for Innocence, Beware!, but no luck. All colours were either more brown or more pink, but none was a light pink.
Well, I guess it was not meant to be
winks.gif

Maybe the Boy lipstick from the Spring 2011 collection will be a good match -- I can't wait to see swatches!

bis

Maybe the Boy lipstick from the Spring 2011 collection will be a good match -- I can't wait to see swatches!
Thanks, that sounds good, plus a good name is always a plus
blush-anim-cl.gif

Hopefully we get some swatches soon, this time the collection will make it to a counter near me
greengrin.gif

Miss QQ

I was reading Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky and it reveals that Boy is actually Arthur Capel, who is Chanel's lover. She was very sad when he died.

Honey&LemonGirl

She used to call her lover Boy?? Haha.
smiles.gif
That whole Coco & Igor affair sounds really interesting! I think they made a movie out of it too, if I'm not mistaken.

Odette1303

She used to call her lover Boy?? Haha.
smiles.gif
That whole Coco & Igor affair sounds really interesting! I think they made a movie out of it too, if I'm not mistaken.

The movie is actually about Boy (everybody called him Boy, not just her, it was his nickname).

But I had no idea about her and Igor, I'll need to read more about that.
blush-anim-cl.gif

elegant-one

That is the movie hubby got for me - Coco & Igor - but we haven't had time to watch it yet. Boy
lol.gif
so funny. Maybe after we watch it, I'll give dh a new nickname
girlhaha.gif

Miss QQ

^^ I watched Coco Avant Chanel too and I love it! Her house is amazing! I love her stairs where there are pieces of vertical long mirrors running at the side.

I'm still reading my book. Igor Stravinsky is not Boy, it is Arthur Capel who is.

mrslid

Help ladies! I want to order my first Rouge Allure Laque but I don't which colour to choose. I've always wanted Dragon but since it's not exactly an everyday office kinda shade (work tends to be the only time I leave the house/kids) maybe it isn't the best choice. Colours also seem to look really dark on me since I'm so fair but I've heard that the formula and wear of Ming and Santal aren't as nice as the other RALs. What to you think I should get?

PS I now have Mythic ad Insoucience RAs coming in swaps !

Winthrop44

I just got Santal and really like it. I can't compare with others though since it's my first RAL....so I guess I'm not really much help!
lol.gif
lol.gif
Sorry!

Shadowy Lady

I only have one RAL and that's Phoenix, it's a gorgeous strawberry pink and great on pretty much every skintone, it's also not super bright. The formula is excellent. I def recommend it
smiles.gif

PS I now have Mythic ad Insoucience RAs coming in swaps !