Chanel Nail Polishes

xphoenix06

I'm just now starting to look at the polishes from Chanel, does anyone have Gold Shimmer? I know that it was an LE item from either a spring or summer collection from the past. If someone does have it, could you post a swatch up of the color for me. Pretty please and thank you to anyone that can help!
flower.gif

bis

I'm just now starting to look at the polishes from Chanel, does anyone have Gold Shimmer?  I know that it was an LE item from either a spring or summer collection from the past.  If someone does have it, could you post a swatch up of the color for me.  Pretty please and thank you to anyone that can help! :flower:
Do you mean any of those nail polishes?

Winthrop44

Dominique33

Hi,

I have some Chanel nail polishes. I love them, theyr'e both elegant and classy. When I compare to OPI, there is a huge difference. Nars nail polishes are very pretty too.
Not sure if you have the same as we in France ?

Ernie

Just saw this in the NY times:

http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/04/13/magic-fingers/?scp=2&sq=nails&st=cse

Winthrop44

So the not-so-exciting Beige nail polish is up on chanel.com and the bottle picture and little swatch box look completely different from each other. The little swatch box looks so yellow. Pass.

Dominique33

Thanks for posting. Peter Philips does a good job, some Chanel nail polishes belong to the myth, " Particulière " or " Rouge Noir " ( for the latest P; Philips was not the Artistic Director ), I don't like all shades but " Holiday " from the summer collection looks great. Beautiful on the photo you posted !

jRoxy13

I just don't get why they tried to make a big deal out of this polish. It's not even limited-edition from what I can tell! And I agree with you Winthrop; I think Chanel has some of the worst color swatches around. If you look at their lipsticks they are completely off.

Dominique33

We don't have the same products in France I guess. Swatches are bad on their website ( colours and shades are not what they are in reality ) but on counters Chanel usually has great collections. " Island " and " Delight " nail polishes are not so pretty, " Holiday " is beautiful, bright and perfect for... summertime !

jRoxy13

Sabrina has comparisons posted: http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2012/05/chanel-beige-565-le-vernis-first-look.html.

I think I'm going to end up getting it. I have olive skin and it can be hard to find a good nude.