Chanel Nail Polishes

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Thank you, I was too excited to use Google translation lol :) OK, I want all 3 then
girlhaha.gif
especially Coco Blue
heart.gif

RedVelvetX

In her blog here:
http://bella-shmella.com/novaya-kollektsiya-lakov-chanel-les-jeans-de-chanel/

It says it's for the Moscow Fashion night in September, but doesn't say if it'll be released worldwide though.

Btw, there are also some swatches of the rouge allure velvets in her blog if anyone is interested.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Well, here in Germany we never get any special collections, so I'm almost 100% sure that those will not be available here. But wherever they have it, I'll definitely try to get a CP for Coco Blue.

RedVelvetX

This is the shade that is going to be re-released sometime later this year:
http://bella-shmella.com/lak-chanel-08-pirate/

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Pirate and the matte topcoat are already available over here, withe the Rouge Allure Velvet l/s, apparently those are released together with the regular fall collection.

About those blue n/p, I read that they are only available in Berlin (that is for Germany, don't know about other countries), and only on one day. And also only as a set, not sold individually. Since I'm far away from Berlin and don't know anybody who lives there, I'll probaly have no chance to get my hands on them :(

Haven

^^^Only in Berlin and on one day?? That is not good news! I really like the set.

I tried Chanel top coat and then a layer of Seche Vite, and my Chanel np held up for three days. Usually it chips within a day. I have also ordered the Chanel base coat. So I am going to try a combo of Chanel base, Chanel top coat, and Seche Vite and then see how everything holds up. I added Seche Vite b/c I want everything to dry quickly. I am anxiously awaiting the matte top coat.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I believe it's gonna be pretty much the same thing with this set like it was with the Les Khakis n/p. They were also only available in one high end department store in Berlin.

But I don't know if and how those were available in the US, so it might be different there.

Winthrop44

I'm very satisfied with Blue Satin and Riva so the new blues will be a skip for me. Pirate looks really pretty but I'm not sure I need that one either.
smiles.gif

Loraelai

I have a question: how long do your Chanel polishes last without chipping?
I'm asking because even though I use two coats of top coat (the Revlon No-Chip Top Coat, best one I've tried so far, waaay better than the OPI or China Glaze in my opinion) they chip in a few hours.
And that's very disappointing considering that some drug store brands which cost 1/10 of the Chanel ones last on my nails for an entire week without chipping.
So I was wondering: any suggestion for a top coat? Which ones do you use?

Winthrop44

Debi, that's a bummer. FWIW the MUA nail board does not like Seche tc with Chanel polishes. I've seen people on there recommend bc/tc by Chanel, Zoya, OPI Nail Envy, Orly Bonder, CND (Creative Nail Design) Stickey, SH (Saly Hansen) Insta-Dry, and Poshe for Chanel polishes, so if you have any others it might be worth experimenting a little to see if any of them work better for you. Also, I read on the MUA nail board that letting the last coat of polish dry for 15 minutes before applying the tc helps. That was reportedly a tip from Chanel in a magazine.

bis

Wearing Pirate today. Pirate is the perfect example why I love Chanel nail polishes: it practically flows onto the nail, nice coverage in two layers and the colour is a very classy, sophisticated red. Very Coco Chanel. A darker red with a veryveryveryvery slight pink touch. Love it, and normally I am not a fan of red nail polish on me.

Miss QQ

Great to hear you love Pirate! I'm also not a fan of red nail polishes on me. I have none and I'm looking for a glittery red one, but Chanel is not making any. I want my red nail polish to be not bright and warm, not pink or berry, just slightly deep but not deep like rouge fatale. I'm just excited to see pIrate in person. :)

bis

Great to hear you love Pirate! I'm also not a fan of red nail polishes on me. I have none and I'm looking for a glittery red one, but Chanel is not making any. I want my red nail polish to be not bright and warm, not pink or berry, just slightly deep but not deep like rouge fatale. I'm just excited to see pIrate in person. :)
Exactly the red I was looking for, minus the glitter. Pirate might very well the red you are looking for :)

Miss QQ

Some pics of Pirate at the tips and the velvet top coat. http://www.britishbeautyblogger.com/2011/08/velvet-nails-with-chanel.html There is a pink red nail polish that is shimmery in this holiday collection. Not a fan of pink red nail polishes, but we shall see if I like it.

Haven

I plan on buying Pirate. The color that I have been wearing a lot lately is Graphite. It seems to wear very well, which is not always true with Chanel nps and my nails.

Camnagem

After not even noticing it for a while...I'm now obsessing about Rouge Carat! Does anyone own this yet? Had a chance to see it in person? Tell me all about it!
sigh.gif

(Nail stuff isn't included in my stash purge ban - different storage location, lol!)