Chanel Nail Polishes

elegant-one

wow, RF looks so much better on you than it does in the bottle! i am severely tempted, lol :)

Aw, that's so sweet -thanks! I love the color so much that I just redid my nails in it again tonight. I guess pretty blue Riva may have to wait until after the holidays :)

Miss QQ

There are swatches of Riva and its dupes here.

http://www.alllacqueredup.com/2010/11/chanel-riva-cote-dazur-collection-swatch-review-comparison.html

I thought Havana Dreams is a good dupe and it is cheaper too, but too bad I don't have access to Sephora for OPI. Seems like Riva isn't getting good reviews.

mrslid

All these disappointing reviews of Riva are depressing. I still really want it though. I still love the look of it but 3-4 coats is going to suck!

Winthrop44

It looks so much better on me than Nouvelle vague, which got great reviews...that I just don't care what bloggers say.lol

Miss QQ

That's true. I've bought things that have good reviews but felt disappointed too. I like NV but the formula is slightly too thick for me.

purrtykitty

Since Riva is a pale cream, it does go on a bit streaky for the first couple of coats, and I used four coats to reach full coverage. I didn't experience any cuticle drag or pulling. After four coats, my nails are a nice, shiny pale blue. And I quite like the color, which is saying a lot for me since I don't go for blues.

elegant-one

I just bought Riva nail polish!

Hi!!! I miss you
friends.gif
Let us know how you like it. I think its beautiful!

Miss QQ

I just received an email from Chanel saying Riva will be available this Friday at one counter, and then from next Friday, it will available at two more counters. Now I'm itching to buy it. Can't wait to see it irl. I'm pleased that you ladies are enjoying Riva. I never experience cuticle drag with any Chanel n/p!
thmbup.gif

mrslid

All the bad reviews coming out about Riva are depressing. I still love how the colour looks but it sucks that in some of the pics of people wearing it with 3 coats it still looks somewhat sheer. I actually had the most bizaare dream last night that I put it on and it was so sheer and had weird glitter in it and then it turned orange. I called Chanel to freak out about it. How weird am I??!! LOL

Miss QQ

:lol: Funny dream! My makeup dreams are usually bizarre too! I can't wait to see it in person this weekend and decide for myself.

Aelya

Well more I heard about Riva less I want it !
I have only 3 Nail polishes from Chanel ! Paradoxal, Rouge Noir et Rose Insolent but I really want some new !

chlilly1

Wow those are great pics! I wasn't sure if I needed black pearl as well as Steel so back to Nordies I go. Thanks for the help!

shimmergrass

i saw Lisa Eldridge's video on youtube and she had the new yellow nail polish on. It looked nice but I think I will have to see it in person.

kanne

Is Black Pearl LE? I looked up the product guide and it doesn't appear to be, but all the bloggers are talking about it like you need to rush out and grab it. My Chanel counter doesn't have it atm anyway, so there's not much I can do if it is, but I'd like to know if I'll be able to grab it later?

Miss QQ

I thought it is perm too but last week when I was at a counter, I asked about the stocks of the spring collection and some of the items are out of stock. According to the SA, there will not be new shipment of the nail polishes and the blush. But I don't know how true that is as well, as usually the SAs are misinformed.

Latest posts