Chanel Nail Polishes

Honey&LemonGirl

I'm fairly certain it's perm. If your counter doesn't have it, you can order it on Chanel's website, where it is still in stock.

kanne

Maybe it depends on the country? I'm in Australia and I'm fairly certain the SA at my counter said only the quint and the powder were LE, everything else was perm. To be honest, they're not very busy because of the area I'm in, and may not have got it yet? I wasn't intending on picking it up straight away anyway.

Hellolover

does any one have any "vintage" chanel nail polishes?I wonder what the colors were like a couple years ago..hell a decade ago:)

Bonitinha

^^ Check out Sabrina's blog (The Beauty Look Book) -- she has been collecting Chanel polishes for a while now and has a huge collection!

periwinkle823

I just bought Morning Rose and Beige Petale. Both are very beautiful color. I'm sure with the Beige Petal you can find a dupe from OPI or Essie as it's a very neutral-french-mani color, but Morning Rose may be hard to find an exact dupe.

MzzRach

does any one have any "vintage" chanel nail polishes?I wonder what the colors were like a couple years ago..hell a decade ago:)

I have Ruby Slippers that I believe I got over 10 years ago. It is gorgeous and the texture is still fine, applies with no problem. It is a very rich deep metallic cool toned red. Looks just like Dorothy's Ruby Slippers...........
heart.gif

MissTrine

I looove Chanel polishes as well, my collection is soon 100 (that sounds a bit crazy). Can't wait for Rose Exuberant (spelling?) and the matte topcoat coming out in November.

Haven

I have never had good luck with Chanel polishes lasting on my nails. Usually they chip within a day or two. Last weekend a Chanel MA recommended that I try the Chanel base & top coat to make the polish last longer. I had tried Seche Vite, OPI, etc. - all of the standard brands out there - with little success. What are the opinions about these products? Do they really extend the life of the Chanel polishes? If I buy both, then that will be a $50 investment. Therefore, I want to make sure before I buy them.

MissTrine

I have never had good luck with Chanel polishes lasting on my nails. Usually they chip within a day or two. Last weekend a Chanel MA recommended that I try the Chanel base & top coat to make the polish last longer. I had tried Seche Vite, OPI, etc. - all of the standard brands out there - with little success. What are the opinions about these products? Do they really extend the life of the Chanel polishes? If I buy both, then that will be a $50 investment. Therefore, I want to make sure before I buy them.
I love the basecoat, but I would get the Dior TC instead. The Chanel TC is really glossy and longlasting, but it is not quickdrying, and unfortunately that makes it a no-go for me.

thepicketywitch

I just got my very first Chanel polish-Miami Peach. I was able to get it on eBay for a pretty reasonable price. I'd been hesitant to try them before because I'd read such bad things about the formula. Patchiness, inconsistency, four and five coat manicures...but I couldn't resist the color. I don't know if it's just the finish on this particular color, but the formula was amazing! My nails practically painted themselves. As it is, the only other Chanel color I'm really drawn to is Graphite-most of the other colors I could probably find dupes of.

I couldn't afford to make a habit of buying them, but if I happen to spot a color I absolutely adore, I will splurge.
amuse.gif

Haven

Thank you for the information! How would you compare the Dior to Seche Vite? Is it as quickdrying?

bis

[quote name="Haven" url="/forum/thread/170350/chanel-nail-polishes/90#post_2151249"] I have never had good luck with Chanel polishes lasting on my nails. Usually they chip within a day or two. Last weekend a Chanel MA recommended that I try the Chanel base & top coat to make the polish last longer. I had tried Seche Vite, OPI, etc. - all of the standard brands out there - with little success. What are the opinions about these products? Do they really extend the life of the Chanel polishes? If I buy both, then that will be a $50 investment. Therefore, I want to make sure before I buy them.
[/quote] I think the problem with Seche Vite is that it is not big-3-free and there it does not work very well with polishes that are and I must say I dislike SV for that reason and the smell *urgh* Currently I use the CND AirDry topcoat and I love it, it's the best I tried so far. Maybe you could give it a try as it is much cheaper than the Chanel one?

jmarie

I bought Diamond Cosmetic's Super Dry Quick Drying Top Coat and it is the best the I have ever tried. My polish thoroughly dried in literally seconds and lasted longer than any other TC that I have used, I have tried them all!!! You can only buy it online but, it is $2.50!!! They have a private label division and the word is that they make polish for Le Metier de Beaute and other high end brands.

MissTrine

Seche Vite is really thick, the Dior is thin like water (almost), which makes it great if you want to redo the topcoat after a few days. I'd say it dries 95% as fast as SV.

MissTrine

Currently I use the CND AirDry topcoat and I love it, it's the best I tried so far. Maybe you could give it a try as it is much cheaper than the Chanel one?
I often tried that SV has discolored my polish. For example Riva. Within the first 24 hours it gave it a not so nice yellow tinge. And with Holographic as well.

Where I live, CND costs as much as Chanel (and OPI and Essie too)