Chanel Rouge Coco relaunch 2015

Winthrop44

I've found that a lot of the more recent launches have sacrificed nuance and originality of colour when they've introduced new formulas.
In thinking about it last night I realized I didn't go wild over any of the initially released RCs the first time around either. It was later releases with various collections that I liked. I do love Arthur, both color and formula, so hopefully there will be others more to my liking in the future. And Sabrina or Beauty Professor may still tempt me into getting another one or two of these when they review them!

kerry-jane88

These new cocos are quite slippy, they remind me of Mac cremesheen formula as well as they aren't that opaque unless you layer up, blotting the colour and reapplying. As for the original cocos I only had Tehran so that was quite a shimmery lipstick kind of like Mac satin formula? Though I remember trying on the original mademoiselle and finding it a very classic drying lipstick. Adrienne I can just throw on but Gabrielle needs to be blotted and layered up or else the original application would have too much slip. They're pretty sheeny! Not as I expected but I do like them :)

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Hmmm... I kinda lost interest now after reading peoples' opinions on them. I think I'll pass for now.

Icecaramellatte

Sorry about the Rouge Cocos. So far I like the one I have. I will admit I'm really bad about reapplying lipstick so I have no idea how long it lasts or what it looks like after a time. I liked that it was shiny as the old rouge coco I have aren't. But I wonder what is the difference between this new formula and rouge allures.

Medgal07

They're pretty sheeny! Not as I expected but I do like them
smiles.gif
I love Arthur, but I'm still not sure I'll pick up any more of these. They sound a little too high maintenance.

elegant-one

Her swatch colors are off. The blister pack is way more accurate than the swatches. Adrienne is no where near that pink in the swatch. Its the swatch in the center of my hand next to the very pale pink. Its almost like a tan nude.
I guess she noticed that shiny look too.

Medgal07

Her swatch colors are off. The blister pack is way more accurate than the swatches. Adrienne is no where near that pink in the swatch. Its the swatch in the center of my hand next to the very pale pink. Its almost like a tan nude.
I guess she noticed that shiny look too.
OH. I just assumed she made several passes and therefore heavier, more pigmented swatches
shrugs.gif

elegant-one

I'm pretty sure that Etienne is the swatch next to Roussy. And that may be Jean next to it. The 2 on the far right after the pink ones at the bottom of my hand,

elegant-one

I just had a really hard time getting past my first reaction that they looked like cheap vinyl lipsticks
001_unsure.gif
Maybe I would feel different seeing them on my lips. I dunno. I still kinda want Roussy lol

Winthrop44

Yep, the swatches are very off color wise, but I thought the texture comments were interesting. So you've definitely ruled out Elise? I thought you might like that one. I guess it's pretty run-of-the-mill for that kind of shade though.

elegant-one

Yep, the swatches are very off color wise, but I thought the texture comments were interesting. So you've definitely ruled out Elise? I thought you might like that one.
I'm not completely sure yet lol. I did like the shade.

The TF & Nars lipsticks really spoiled me. I LOVED everything I got.

I may take a second look at them again next week to see if I still feel the same way about them.

Winthrop44

Yep, EVERY color. They're so perfect. I swatched Pink Tease wednesday too & fell in love with it. I will be getting that next lol
Oh you're so lucky to have a counter!! Hope you love it. Do you happen to remember which shade is to the left of Ina on your wrist?