Chanel Rouge Coco relaunch 2015

EmilyLouise

Hi guys, so I'm new here but Chanel is close to my heart, and I've been pretty much stalking this thread since it started, so I thought i'd start here!

I've purchased 'Arthur', 'Adrienne', 'Emilienne', 'Olga', 'Roussy', and 'Coco'.

I wasn't sure how I would like these after all the mixed reviews, but I started with Arthur anyway and loved it.. I'm never usually an orange kind of person, but the orangey-red just seemed to work!

I then, after seeing multiple swatches of the other lipsticks decided to head down to my local department store yesterday... they were only released yesterday in the UK! I knew I wanted Roussy because I have a pink obsession (also remind me of RCS in Rendez-Vous)... I then wanted a nude lipstick as I tend to not buy them, which is why I picked up Adrienne... I'm B10 in Chanel foundations, 101 in Diorskin Star, and roughly NC15/20 in mac. For me Adrienne is a perfect nude.

Coco was a must-have for me, not only because it's the name of the lady herself but also because I wanted a new coral lipstick and it just seemed right! I haven't worn her yet though so a review is to come!

Emilienne on me was a lovely berry toned pink, and although we're now moving out of Winter and into Spring, I think it will look lovely patted in to make a stain, or even bold with a natural eye.

Olga was a selection that I made spur of the moment... I didn't really like the look of "her" from the swatches, but when I saw the shade in person I loved it... a vibrant light pink, quite sheer yet buildable, lighter and sheerer than Roussy.. but both lovely! Olga is also very similar to the RCS in 'Chance', it has the same base, yet Olga is more vibrant and more opaque.

I'm now liking the look of 'Vera' but maybe I own too many pink lip products. 'Catherine' has also caught my eye, a lovely peachy shade- something I wouldn't usually go for.

So anyone who hasn't smelled these lipsticks, they have the same fragrance as the original RCs but it's more subdued and fades a lot quicker! I also, for experimental reasons, licked my lips and there doesn't seem to be any particular taste, it does feel a bit weird on the tongue- I do not recommend!

Sorry for the essay but thought I should say something!
Hope you are all well!
xx

sweatdrop.gif

Filmfreak

Sara's swatches http://www.colormeloud.com/2015/03/chanel-rouge-coco-lipstick-relaunch.html?m=1
The swatches are great, very helpful as always. Thanks for posting the link!

But she lists 5 (!) RCs as not available in Germany. I really don't know why they have to start with that crap again. Now that the rest of the world finally gets the same eyeshadow quads as the US, they have to play anothe little game of "not available in your country" with the lipsticks. It's getting so old, like the ever more annoying LEs, which are either sold out in nanoseconds or only available in certain shops or whatever. We're living in the age of globalization, so companies should start thinking globally!

awickedshape

Got Arthur - or 440 as we'll cal The swatches are great, very helpful as always. Thanks for posting the link! But she lists 5 (!) RCs as not available in Germany. I really don't know why they have to start with that crap again. Now that the rest of the world finally gets the same eyeshadow quads as the US, they have to play anothe little game of "not available in your country" with the lipsticks. It's getting so old, like the ever more annoying LEs, which are either sold out in nanoseconds or only available in certain shops or whatever. We're living in the age of globalization, so companies should start thinking globally!
Definitely!

Winthrop44

Hi guys, so I'm new here but Chanel is close to my heart, and I've been pretty much stalking this thread since it started, so I thought i'd start here!

I've purchased 'Arthur', 'Adrienne', 'Emilienne', 'Olga', 'Roussy', and 'Coco'.

I wasn't sure how I would like these after all the mixed reviews, but I started with Arthur anyway and loved it.. I'm never usually an orange kind of person, but the orangey-red just seemed to work!

I then, after seeing multiple swatches of the other lipsticks decided to head down to my local department store yesterday... they were only released yesterday in the UK! I knew I wanted Roussy because I have a pink obsession (also remind me of RCS in Rendez-Vous)... I then wanted a nude lipstick as I tend to not buy them, which is why I picked up Adrienne... I'm B10 in Chanel foundations, 101 in Diorskin Star, and roughly NC15/20 in mac. For me Adrienne is a perfect nude.

Coco was a must-have for me, not only because it's the name of the lady herself but also because I wanted a new coral lipstick and it just seemed right! I haven't worn her yet though so a review is to come!

Emilienne on me was a lovely berry toned pink, and although we're now moving out of Winter and into Spring, I think it will look lovely patted in to make a stain, or even bold with a natural eye.

Olga was a selection that I made spur of the moment... I didn't really like the look of "her" from the swatches, but when I saw the shade in person I loved it... a vibrant light pink, quite sheer yet buildable, lighter and sheerer than Roussy.. but both lovely! Olga is also very similar to the RCS in 'Chance', it has the same base, yet Olga is more vibrant and more opaque.

I'm now liking the look of 'Vera' but maybe I own too many pink lip products. 'Catherine' has also caught my eye, a lovely peachy shade- something I wouldn't usually go for.

So anyone who hasn't smelled these lipsticks, they have the same fragrance as the original RCs but it's more subdued and fades a lot quicker! I also, for experimental reasons, licked my lips and there doesn't seem to be any particular taste, it does feel a bit weird on the tongue- I do not recommend!

Sorry for the essay but thought I should say something!
Hope you are all well!
xx

sweatdrop.gif
Thanks for your great review and
specktra_welcome.gif
! So far I only have Arthur, Olga (glad to meet another fan of her) and Cecile, but you've renewed my interest in Adrienne and Coco.

Filmfreak

Julia, Jeanne, Vera, Maggy, and Erik aren't available in the UK... I wonder why? It's rather random.
No Erik in the UK? That's the shade I'm the most interested in, so I guess I should be grateful that this one is going to make it to Germany. But yeah, the choices seem totally random and that doesn't make any sense at all.

kerry-jane88

Maybe the colours they've chosen to not release in certain countries are the colours they think are least popular in that country? Like maybe similar shades in the past didn't sell so well? I can't think why else there would be such a difference in availability? :/

Winthrop44

I do think that's what they do but I wish they'd stop thinking for people. As far as sales the past does not equal the future. I almost always want Asia exclusives and am in the US. At least more recently they've made some Asia exclusives available on the US chanel.com, and I appreciate that. It would be nice if they did that in all countries. My understanding is that you cannot buy from the chanel site in most other countries though.

mkoparanova

Julia, Jeanne, Vera, Maggy, and Erik aren't available in the UK... I wonder why? It's rather random.
I was so disappointed, when I went to a counter on Friday! Maggy was the one I really, really wanted! I hope I can find it, when I'm travelling somewhere. I liked Louise and Olga but I didn't buy them because of my disappointment and also I have spent too much money on Cinderella 10 min before that
lol.gif

EmilyLouise

I was so disappointed, when I went to a counter on Friday! Maggy was the one I really, really wanted! I hope I can find it, when I'm travelling somewhere. I liked Louise and Olga but I didn't buy them because of my disappointment and also I have spent too much money on Cinderella 10 min before that
lol.gif
I can't remember what shade Maggy is, but I really wanted Vera which is the lightest pink shade and seems to be more yellow-pink than Olga who is a blue-pink (which I also love). Lucking I'm going to Paris next month, so hopefully I'll pick up Vera and Erik there... definitely getting Catherine tomorrow though
yahoo.gif

EmilyLouise

I can't think why else there would be such a difference in availability? :/
Yeah they do go off what was popular in the past, and what shades other brands sell well... they also (generally with foundations, but it may have a link) look at the average skin tone/shade in that country and what will go well with that.. hence why the UK get lighter foundation shades than other countries, but likewise don't go as dark.. which I think is ridiculous tbh (that's mainly on counters though and not online, and I've asked multiple Chanel SAs from multiples places about this)
amuse.gif

Sexy Sadie

I'm sensing a naming trend here with the NARS Audacious, Tom Ford Lips & Boys. I don't know how I feel about that. But I'm intrigued as to what changes they've made to the formula.
Hard to beat the former formula. Not sure they did that.

RockDiva

Finally saw the Rouge Coco today. I wasn't wowed by any of them, so Arthur is still the only one I own.

Catherine is pretty, but I had to swipe 5x or more to get any colour on my hand, and £26 is a lot to pay just to have a lipstick with my name on it ...

awickedshape

Antoinette https://instagram.com/p/0CukzntHW0/ Adrienne https://instagram.com/p/0R3vkVNf6S/ https://instagram.com/p/z-5BtEOBY-/