Chanel Rouge Coco relaunch 2015

Miss QQ

I'm not 100% sure, but my recollection was that the Rouge Coco lipsticks were $37 or $38 and the post says these will be $32 Canadian. In other words, a substantial reduction. I'm guessing it'll actually be $42.

Over the last 8 years, from 2007 when I bought my first Chanel lipstick, the lipstick has increased by S$5 to S$45 (since I last checked in Dec) today. I certainly hope there is a drop, because I can't understand how the 12.5% price increase can be justified.

Quote: Originally Posted by delicatewhimsy

Instagram photos. Apparently these are popping up at Nordstrom's already
Looks like Legend, Teheran and Sari Dore are still very frosty. But it could be the angle of the camera.

I think the white pouch comes with a set of 5 RCs, which we can see in the background. In the past my chanel counter at a downtown dutyfree shop has such sets for the RA glosses and RCS too. The counter is gone now, probably I can only get this new one at the airport.

I like the plums, especially Emilienne and Maggy from pinks is pretty too.

Medgal07

All of them!
punk_.gif
girlhaha.gif
Why not!!!!

RockDiva

Quote: Originally Posted by Miss QQ I think the white pouch comes with a set of 5 RCs, which we can see in the background. In the past my chanel counter at a downtown dutyfree shop has such sets for the RA glosses and RCS too. The counter is gone now, probably I can only get this new one at the airport.

Do you reckon a pre-selected set of 5 or your choice of 5 as a set?

ThatGaze

I don't know if this is already posted but here are swatches of all the lipsticks:

http://naturalnchicmakeup.com/2015/01/chanel-rouge-coco-lipstick-relaunch-swatches.html

I need 456 and some others!
pompom.gif

Scintillantes

From looking at the swatches 434-mademoiselle looks much more pink toned than the original. Which happily might work out better for me, the original can pull a little orange/terracotta on me.

Winthrop44

From looking at the swatches 434-mademoiselle looks much more pink toned than the original. Which happily might work out better for me, the original can pull a little orange/terracotta on me.
I agree, but I'm wondering if that's really the case or just the lighting/swatches.

Icecaramellatte

Oh boy I love so many of these. Antoinette is a definite. I can't remember the names of the others but I liked some plum color too.

awickedshape

That's right. Arthur was the name of my cat who we had to put down a little over a year ago. He was with me fifteen years and there is no way I'm not getting that lipstick. The purple looks intriguing as well... I'm going to try not to go too nuts with the lipsticks (stop laughing).
I'm trying to cut down from 4 to 2, myself.

delicatewhimsy

d6e16704_image.jpeg
f3523ee8_image.jpeg
My Nordstrom lady very sweetly gave me some samples - Adrienne, Coco, Roussy, Arthur, Emilienne (left to right). They are a lot glossier and more hydrating than the original RC's. These remind me a lot of the Rouge Dior lipsticks.

laurennnxox

I stopped by to exchange my Chanel IDO today, and saw the new RC testers behind the counter, like in those swatch pictures above. My usual SA wasn't there, and the one that was there was the SA who is a bit more colder in personality and makes me a little uncomfortable. (She was trying to get me to keep my IDO that I purchased, opened that day at home, and saw it was much drier and shriveled up than my other one. She insisted that it was fine, I just needed to squish it back in the glass jar. Uh, no. If I am not satisfied with my product... and it's noticeably different from the other one I bought on the same day... I would like an exchange.) So I didn't ask to play with the testers. I guess I'll just have to wait on that!

Winthrop44

I stopped by to exchange my Chanel IDO today, and saw the new RC testers behind the counter, like in those swatch pictures above. My usual SA wasn't there, and the one that was there was the SA who is a bit more colder in personality and makes me a little uncomfortable. (She was trying to get me to keep my IDO that I purchased, opened that day at home, and saw it was much drier and shriveled up than my other one. She insisted that it was fine, I just needed to squish it back in the glass jar. Uh, no. If I am not satisfied with my product... and it's noticeably different from the other one I bought on the same day... I would like an exchange.) So I didn't ask to play with the testers. I guess I'll just have to wait on that!
You know they really have problems with the IdOs. More times than not, no matter where I order one from including chanel.com, I get a hockey puck. One time chanel.com sent me 2 replacements and still they were hockey pucks. Since I was planning to give it as a gift to a friend I gave up and sent all 3 back. Even if I would have been willing to overlook the appearance I felt like it wasn't presentable as a gift.

laurennnxox

I would love to order it but my last Saks order took over 10 days to arrive via with FedEx Smart Post and they told me (no idea how true it is) that's their standard free shipping method now.

You know they really have problems with the IdOs. More times than not, no matter where I order one from including chanel.com, I get a hockey puck. One time chanel. c om sent me 2 replacements and still they were hockey pucks. Since I was planning to give it as a gift to a friend I gave up and sent all 3 back. Even if I would have been willing to overlook the appearance I felt like it wasn't presentable as a gift.
I have two TF blushes coming via Fedex Smart Post. When I originally ordered on Friday the 16th, it told me it wouldn't be delivered until the 28th. I got a shipping notification the 17th, and now my tracking says it will be delivered this Friday the 23rd. A lot better than they originally told me! Maybe that's just like a last resort estimate so people don't say their shipment didn't arrive on time.

And yes, I've heard a lot of problems about the IDOs. I just have a hard time passing them up because they're so beautiful and sparkly on the lid. She opened it for me at the counter and it looked fine, so I happily made the exchange. I only own two, so I am very careful with how long I leave the lid off when applying. but I agree with you, the shrived "gel" is definitely not attractive to gift someone.

delicatewhimsy

I would love to order it but my last Saks order took over 10 days to arrive via FedEx Smart Post and they told me (no idea how true it is) that's their standard free shipping method now. You know they really have problems with the IdOs. More times than not, no matter where I order one from including chanel.com, I get a hockey puck. One time chanel.com sent me 2 replacements and still they were hockey pucks. Since I was planning to give it as a gift to a friend I gave up and sent all 3 back. Even if I would have been willing to overlook the appearance I felt like it wasn't presentable as a gift.
I live in Seattle and it always takes that long for Saks or Bloomingdales. Nordstrom is just as bad because even though the Flagship is here in Seattle, the warehouses are back East. I do purchase from Saks sometimes just because we have a high sales tax here and I escape that by purchasing through them :)

Miss QQ

Do you reckon a pre-selected set of 5 or your choice of 5 as a set?
I think it is pre-selected because I spy a white box (in the 3rd instagram pic) in the size of the white pouch with the transparent sealing film. The sets I saw previously with the free pouch came like that too. And the 5 RC could be the sample that @delicatewhimsy received! Looking at the sample pack and comparing with the 5 bullets of lipsticks..

GinghamDot

My heart goes pitter pat when I see these little samples. Seriously, Chanel is the only brand that consistently makes me want to "SQUEE!" at first sight, even when I don't necessarily like the end product. Am I the only one who wishes they'd sell all the colors this way, at least for a limited time around launch? Since it seems lately every lipstick in the world turns pink on me, I would love to just have some quality time to spend with each color, and I would be willing to pay for the privilege.

GinghamDot

430 for me, at least. They're so pretty! And they seem bargain priced compared to all the $50 lippies out there lately.

mkoparanova

Finally a lipstick with my name and I really like the colour! I'll have to see the others before purchasing, but I'm definitely getting Maggy.

elegant-one

He's Here - Arthur
th_thstars.gif
bigheart.gif
A very sophisticated Beautiful oranged red. Lightweight smooth texture. I love this shade on. Modern, face brightening & beautiful.

Incandescente is similar (discontinued I believe) but Arthur is more red. In the last 2 swatch pics - Arthur, left & Incandescente, right

Latest posts