Chanel Rouge Noir Absolument - Holiday 2015

LiliV

Just stumbled across this super gorgeous promo pic in the Bergdorf catalogue. I can't wait till my quad arrives!
dbce6c5d_image.jpeg

starletta8

So, now that I'm home, my thoughts.

I was a little disappointed at how sheer the top 2 shades swatched, but I also didn't want to mess up the virgin tester so I didn't pick up a lot of product. I have a feeling with a different brush than what was offered (which would tend to sheer products anyhow!!), these will be awesome shades, albeit a bit subdued. The gold is likewise lovely, but I was having one hell of a time getting the burgundy off the brush as not to contaminate the swatch. It's a warm gold, similar to the Or Saffron.

But my god the burgundy. I would buy the quad just for that. Swatched perfectly first time, no pressure. It's heaven.

Honestly, I was a little scared to play with it since it was brand new!

ashievic

It's nice, but browner than I was expecting. The red shimmer is fairly subtle compared to other IDo's.
Don't tell me that! No offense at all, but I seriously hope it does not pull that full on chocolate on me (worried it will because our skin tones seem similar). I have figured out its not super burgundy, but I was still hoping for some red/plum. Fingers crossed!
Mine will be here tomorrow. I will take pics on the Pink Casper skin tone.

starletta8

I BU'd Rouge Noir today. I wore it, and found it's the perfect vampy shade on me. I also picked up La Merveilleuse since I've not yet tried the RAV formula. Fingers crossed.

ashievic

My brain was not working today, have an awful cold. The Vamp collection is in the local NM store. No quad and no Rouge Noir lipstick. They did get the nail polish. I will find out if it is Rouge Noir or Vamp.

LiliV

I BU'd Rouge Noir today. I wore it, and found it's the perfect vampy shade on me.  I also picked up La Merveilleuse since I've not yet tried the RAV formula. Fingers crossed.
I LOVE the Rouge Allure Velvets! They feel so amazing on the lips and look beautiful, definitely one of my fav formulas

GreenEyedAllie

Tomorrow is my Christmas (of Chanel)...RN goodies arrive tomorrow! Vert Obscur came today, and I LOVE the color even if the formula is a pain. Troublante arrives next Tuesday unless the delivery updates. (RAV La Mysterieuse, stylo in ardent, and a couple other things are still haunting me...there may need to be a second haul...)