Chanel Spring 2011

User38

Winthrop, I had an online chat with the dodo in charge of Beauty.. lol -- duh, I had 5 items locked in my shopping cart and no access
ohboy.gif

he said they were sold out of the 518 but that it should be back in time for spring..
lmao.gif

Bonitinha

I haven't tried Arm*** -- but the new blush and that lipstick they have out for Spring looked so gorgeous! HG, are you loving your new lippie? I wonder what shipping is off of their website??

Elegant -- that is too bad about Love. How disappointing. I think Elation will pretty much be clear -- and it has no shimmer (that is what the customer service guy @ Chant******* said). Hmmm, so now I am wondering why I spent $28 on a clear gloss?? It may be going back . . .

Strix -- so glad you are loving the quad. One of these days I will have to pick it up. Love hearing about everyone's looks with it.

So I got my extensions cut and they are really fun -- but I still think they are a little long (especially since my natural hair is just a little longer than collar bone length). I might have to go back and have her trim them more. My husband is about really to kill me . . . haha. I took them out and he says "I can't even tell that's not your own hair" Umm, hello, because I took them out! LOL

User38

Bonitinha.. lol.. your hubby sounds like a cutie
heart.gif

oh I am really enjoying my ARm stuff.. lol.. (dunce cap to follow) -- I think there collections are put together with a lot of thought and I know the cwazy Italianos who work on it
amuse.gif
... they are geniuses!

I have come to conclude that as much as I love my Chanel stuff.. I am getting very po'd at the CS and also at the minimum level of knowledge from the SAs ...

Winthrop44

I impulsively picked up Regard Perle today at Nordstrom and like it a lot so far. The dark green makes a good eyeliner, and the white isn't chalky at all. It's my 1st Chanel eyeshadow and I love how natural it looks-- not overdone at all. Just pure class.
Yay! Glad you're enjoying it! I think it's so great for everyday looks when you use the green as a liner.

User38

oh wait.. I did buy some WnW stuff.. but I will have to start a new thread on that.. good stuff too... ha

Bonitinha

Winthrop -- thanks for the Armani code. Good to know about the Chant . . . gloss -- I won't try it on. I wonder if they do free returns??

HG -- some Wet-n-Wild stuff? do tell!

elegant-one

there are a few colours in the sheers which are lovely.. yes, 518 is gorgeousssssssssss imo. I have been buying a few ls and sheer blush from Armani..so far, so good. I also got a few of the waterproof pencils.. which I missed out on last time.. they seem perma glued on !

NMs site sucketh the big one.. ugh.. I wanted to stay in my pjs all day and I got so pissed I went personally.. but gave my money to Nordies
cutey.gif

Elegant.. sorry you didn't like Love ..
ssad.gif
can you send it back?
I suppose I could. We'll see.

No crap about NM - I tried everything - browsers etc - nada nope nothing - can't get into your shopping cart.

I may get the 518

marajode

Wowsers.
I haven't set foot in here for a while. I get so tempted to delve into new Chanel now that I'm no longer a Chanel virgin.
And I know that I will buy soon the more I read in here.
BUT I miss it in here!
I got out for the first time in 4 days. To the grocery store and video store. . Livin it up I tell you! Livin it up!!
dance.gif

But anywho I wore Jersey Rose and Nakkar, and what do I think of, this thread of course. I still think Nakkar is yummy.

I've just skimmed the last page or two. Y'all really make me smile and laugh so much!

Now on to make spanikopita, gyoza, hummus, and chalupa shells for tomorrow! (even though, living in Dallas and hearing of nothing else, I NEVER EVER want to hear about the Super Bowl again! Oy!)

And to open the Syrah I got at said grocery store!!
drinks.gif

elegant-one

If you want to send it back don't try it on because Chante does not take back used items. And btw their CS makes Chanel's CS look stellar - more times than not they don't answer the phone.

Try GABVDAY on the Armani site and see if that gives you free shipping. I am really looking forward to comparing GA518 to Chanel Boy!
Darn it - I did try that code & it said it applied when in reality it didn't take off the shipping
blink.gif
maybe I'll call. I want to get the black el pencil too that HG & Karla mentioned. Aggh I do not need another makeup line I do not need.....

elegant-one

So I got my extensions cut and they are really fun -- but I still think they are a little long (especially since my natural hair is just a little longer than collar bone length). I might have to go back and have her trim them more. My husband is about really to kill me . . . haha. I took them out and he says "I can't even tell that's not your own hair" Umm, hello, because I took them out! LOL

omg -
lol.gif
cute

Well, I'll keep love since I used it oh well

HG - you bought wet n wild - no you di ant????

Shypo

Marajode, that sounds yummy!!!

I'm going to cancel Love from my Nordie's order, and then I'm going t check out Arm 518.

As for the Wet n Wild - tee hee hee - they have the best pigmented shadows for the money (Color Icon) - I have 2 of the trios (Silent Treatment and Spoiled Brat) and today I bought all 3 of the new 8-pan palettes (at $4.99 a pop - can you believe it?). The pigmentation is unreal. I'm not sure about Comfort Zone (this one is neutrals that lean a lot toward greens) but who cares for 5 bucks.

Off topic, I know, but I wanted to spread the word.

stv578

Quote: Originally Posted by elegant-one

well, my post disappeared

That's happended to me before!

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!

It's been a slow week for me make-up wise, I'm going to try and get my hands on a Mighty Aphrodite blush this thursday when the WW collection is available in store, and I'm waiting on Amazon Princess and Marquis D l/s, which I ordered online. I'm also really impatiently waiting for Chanel's summer collection, even though it's still a few months away! I'm afraid this spring collection didn't quite satisfy my the way the holiday collection did! Tomorrow I'll be checking a few stores nearby to see if they still have Guerlain's Blush G available and I need to get myself a couple pairs of jeans as well, since I pretty much live in them (love my job!).

Off to get DH, I'm going to make him watch The Proposal tonight! (I'm a mean wife, hehe!)

Bonitinha

Wow, who knew about Wet N Wild? I did see that Amy at Cafe Makeup did a write up about it a while ago. I remember using the 666 (eeks, nice number) lipliner in college -- and all of my roommates used it, too. Must have been "the shade"
pretty.gif

Nora -- enjoy your movie. I love Sandra Bullock -- she is one of my faves (and she always wears Chanel makeup -- bonus!)

Marajode -- there is no going back now than you've experienced Chanel! Oh my -- can I come to your party tomorrow? I LOVE Greek food -- spanikopita and hummus. My fave is the falafel (maybe it is more Middle Eastern?) -- yum. Glad you were able to get a lil crazy and go grocery shoppin'
amuse.gif

User38

Marajode... yum yum yum...I love Greek food, dancing, ouzo and men.. lol.. and in that order. The men are quite nuts.. but lovely to dance with !

Elegant.. yes maam.. that's my dirty lil secret.. I confessed this grevious sin to C!
blush-anim-cl.gif
-- I have acquired a few of the Icons, and just yesterday the Eyebrow kit fell into my Walgreens cart.. lol.... so I saved about $70 not getting my Chanel one.. There are a few really good products from some of the DS brands -- Prestige makes a killer eye pencil too, and in great colours too (wine, green, deep blue in addition to standard colours).

C.. I have been laughing about your caste system from another thread - I so agree with you on a caste system for mu.. lol.. (I couldn't say thanks cause the finger didnt work and then I froze up on this frustrating site).

elegant-one

Quote: Originally Posted by HerGreyness
Elegant.. yes maam.. that's my dirty lil secret.. I confessed this grevious sin to C!
blush-anim-cl.gif
-- I have acquired a few of the Icons, and just yesterday the Eyebrow kit fell into my Walgreens cart.. lol.... so I saved about $70 not getting my Chanel one.. There are a few really good products from some of the DS brands -- Prestige makes a killer eye pencil too, and in great colours too (wine, green, deep blue in addition to standard colours).

I'll check it out - even though I shouldn't look. I've purchased DS brands & never end up liking them once I try them on.

I do LOVE Victoria's Secret makeup a lot! Do you know who makes their makeup line? I love their lipstick colors, but some of them taste like...I don't know - motor oil or something
icon_eek.gif
cry.gif

Oh - I had to laugh...NM did the SORRY code then you couldn't use it because you couldn't access you shopping cart. Now the site is fixed, but the code expired. Hopefully they'll give us SORRY2

User38

Elegant.. yes maam I know who makes VS..
001_unsure.gif
I know what you mean about the fragrance.. lol -- yea, DS products have their distinct disadvantages, but they are cheap enough that they can be used a few times and then discarded.. not like our favs which cost us about 300% more
thud.gif

%%

Bonitinha, yes, WnW has some good prods.. I looked at their blushers and bronzers too as well as some ls.. total spent was $ 40 approx.. dang the competition is getting hot.

back on topic, I am still investigating the case of the yellowing White pearl.. and have also discovered that some creams (anything with an acid in them) and my sunscreen could have made it yellow..

elegant-one

HG - is that VS info Top Secret?
supacool.gif

Ok, so I had this really good conversation with a top Chanel Manager from Nordstrom stores. She knows all the contacts that I know from Chanel too which made for interesting chatter. I called to ask about "boy" since it is going to be released through them exclusively on the early dates (except .chanel.com). Its only going to be released through the top 22 Nordstrom stores - none of which are in my distant area. You can pre-order, but no free shipping like they sometimes do. She didn't know too much when I first called, so I prattled on about what we know here, we've already seen pic, swatches etc. - so she asks how I know so much - she says I want to know what you know & more :) so I tell her about Specktra.

I also tell her that the complete lack of knowledge that most Chanel counters have, as well as chanel.com & the extremely poor customer service that a high-end name like Chanel offers its customers. She said that she is going to address some of her higher up contacts in chanel about these issues because she felt that was very unacceptable (good luck with that I'm thinking). I told her that its become the butt of jokes to those of us that shop/purchase regularly. I plan on keeping in contact with her. She was so easy to talk with.

Latest posts