Chanel Spring 2015

Medgal07

I am now over the shock and decided to buy a new one today
th_thstars.gif
pompom.gif
Which one did you buy???

B

Buffy89

RAV 49 La Pet- I bought it weeks ago and it broke- I think it was the first time I ever used it too:shock: I finally decided to repurchase it:eyelove:
oh my, hearing about all those RAs breaking, I'm kinda hesistant to purchase more of them. I only got two which were discontinued some time ago, but they are all right.

Icecaramellatte

How do you like Antoinette. I would love a Chanel nude but I'm afraid to purchase w/o first swatching. Your mom made some good choices. Erik is on my list!!!
I saved Arthur to wear sometime this week so I haven't yet compared the new formula with the old one.
I like it. It is a very me shade. I realized this morning that Red Brown lip pencil was perfect with this lipstick.

Medgal07

RAV 49 La Pet- I bought it weeks ago and it broke- I think it was the first time I ever used it too
icon_eek.gif

I finally decided to repurchase it
eyelove.gif
Oh no!!!!
icon_eek.gif
I haven't yet used my lippies from the spring collex., or Arthur from the new line, but I'll definitely have this in the back of my mind when I do use them.
I agree. La Pet is gorgeous!

MissTania

Oh no!!!!
icon_eek.gif
I haven't yet used my lippies from the spring collex., or Arthur from the new line, but I'll definitely have this in the back of my mind when I do use them.
I agree. La Pet is gorgeous!
This reminds me, I really need to clear my backlog of unused products ASAP! I'm sure you will be fine! Chanel are really excellent quality almost always!

B

Buffy89

Just be sure to keep your receipts. I'm doing that with all my lippies from now on. Previously I kept them for a few months only. Chanel lippies have not given me any trouble over the years with the exception of this one (and my friend's RA Velvet broke recently!). Also, once I bought a Rouge Allure and the SA opened it to check it and it was broken and smushed up at the top of the lid- thankfully she checked. I usually check all my lippies when I buy them.  I have found Chanel to be the best though- I have had a few MAC lippies break off in the past, and many brands don't place the lippies well in their tubing and they get these little cut marks on the side as they are too close to the tube and when you apply them they press up against the inside of the tube.
Mac lippies also break? Luckily, this hasn't happened to me yet. I usually don't keep the receipts, I am a loyal customer at my counter and I was simply hoping the girls would remember/trust me if I wanted to have something refunded. Some of my lipsticks have those cut marks, though. I always thought this was due to heat/half melted lipstick, but your explanation sounds so plausible.

MissTania

Some of my lipsticks have those cut marks, though. I always thought this was due to heat/half melted lipstick, but your explanation sounds so plausible.
I have been buying MAC for almost 13 years now, which means hundreds of their lippies. Only a few have broken. From memory, they were lustres/cremesheens,

The last one that broke was Razzledazzler - from the moment I used it, it felt abit shaky and was getting those cuts a it was pressed up against the bullet. I knew it would break as it was unstable when applied. I feel the creamiest lippies are less sturdy than a matte/satin

I was looking at testers for Hourglass lippies once and asked the SA if they had a tendency to break as they looked very creamy and glossy and many testers had snapped. She said I would need to be careful when using it to not apply too roughly.

You should be fine if you are a repeat customer! I buy in a major city store near work where there are many SA's per brand, so I am not known to all of them.

I often check the lippies I buy for cut marks - when you have a brand new lippie and you wind it up and back down, you sometimes see marks on the inner tube and a matching smudge or cut mark on the lippie. When you wind it down you will see the cut mark line up with the mark on the inner case.

It has happened a lot with creamy Lancome lippies I bought in the past. I noticed it only once on a Dior one.

I was most comfortable doing my high scrutiny checks when I used to work at a department store - everyone knew I would carefully inspect my make up purchases and they were all lovely and helpful about it. Too bad that store has closed recently!

Bronwyn

I think I have to accept that I'm just not a fan of channel's baked products. Texture and pigmentation levels just do not impress me. Surprisingly I ended up getting the mysterio cream powder shadow. Love cool toned silver products. If anyone is curious, I swatched the styli from that same collection, and it still hasn't fully come off even after rubbing with soap and water. It is nice but certainly dupable silvery taupe on me.

The sales associate also gave me a sample of chanel chance perfume which i've wanted to try but not necessarily buy. (lol that rhymed) The two times I've bought things from her, she's given me an extra brush so that's nice.

Glad to have treated myself on Valentine's Day.

I also have a problem with the baked formula. Well mostly for the blushes. I find them hard to apply. Takes many layers to notice.
The baked eyequads on the other hand, is lovely to apply and wears well for me. Strange.

Bronwyn

I also have a problem with the baked formula. Well mostly for the blushes. I find them hard to apply. Takes many layers to notice. The baked eyequads on the other hand, is lovely to apply and wears well for me. Strange.
Wish Canada got the powder versions of the blushes. Apparently, the shadows are better wet. Just have found them so sheer and dry.

Winthrop44

I am not a fan of the baked products either. Texture, pigmentation and sensitivity issues for me. C'est la vie Chanel - you're saving me money.
lol.gif

Bronwyn

I am not a fan of the baked products either. Texture, pigmentation and sensitivity issues for me. C'est la vie Chanel - you're saving me money. :lol:  
Haha yep totes prefer Mac for baked products. I do think NYX has some quite nice baked blushes at least pigmentation wise

ashievic

Got the complete collection today!!!! The blush is perfect, pale pink with blue undertones. The gloss Corset is incredible. Eyeliner, had no problems. Love it all!!!! No regrets.

Medgal07

Got the complete collection today!!!! The blush is perfect, pale pink with blue undertones. The gloss Corset is incredible. Eyeliner, had no problems. Love it all!!!! No regrets.
Exactly which collection did you get? Isn't Corset a part of La Perle de Chanel? If so, did you also buy the repromotes that Chanel threw in with the collection?
What did you think of them doing that? I thought it was totally random and didn't fit well at all with the general color scheme. Besides which, I already had them.
I just didn't understand why they did that.

ashievic

It is the Le Perle. I skipped the re-promotes. I got the Rhapsodie #228 quad, 102 d'ombre, the lipstick 158, lip glosses in Tutu 91 and Corset 92, blush in 250 Crescendo, eyeliner 916. I did not purchase the 5 pan lip glosses. I hate that type of packaging. The gloss Tutu looks good over the 158 lipstick.

Latest posts