Chanel Summer 2012

Bonitinha

^^I want Calypso! I love glossimers and I don't have a bright coral one yet. I might get the darker bronzer. Can't wait to see more swatches when everything launches online!
Thanks for your pics and descriptions :)

Miss QQ

MissQQ, since you seem to like the same colors I do, what are you getting?
Which nps are you getting? All 3? My nails are in a much better condition now, thanks to your recommendation of OPI matte envy. :) They can grow longer without breaking/peeling. I agree fall will make it up, I always fall hard for Chanel fall collection. I love this summer promo pic and how the colours look on the model, but admittedly I'm not excited to see most the products.

My list now (it will change when I see them in person):
Rose Sable - if it doesn't go on dirty
Island & Delight - if I don't have any dupes
duo - maybe. seems that the lighter shade is very golden in the swatch
and maybe Calypso and the brown Ye Crayon Yeux.
I've decided to not to buy any more RCS for now.

Ernie

^^I want Calypso! I love glossimers and I don't have a bright coral one yet. I might get the darker bronzer. Can't wait to see more swatches when everything launches online!
Thanks for your pics and descriptions :)

You're welcome!
Calypso is definitely different than any other glossimers I have, and I have a lot of them.
I wasn't crazy about the Peche cuivree pencil, it pulled too golden. Brun Intense was nice, I may go back for that.

Miss QQ

^^ Is the lighter shade of the duo gold? Do the brown liner stay put? You are making me want Calypso now.

bis

Which nps are you getting? All 3? My nails are in a much better condition now, thanks to your recommendation of OPI matte envy. :) They can grow longer without breaking/peeling. I agree fall will make it up, I always fall hard for Chanel fall collection. I love this summer promo pic and how the colours look on the model, but admittedly I'm not excited to see most the products. My list now (it will change when I see them in person): Rose Sable - if it doesn't go on dirty Island & Delight - if I don't have any dupes duo - maybe. seems that the lighter shade is very golden in the swatch and maybe Calypso and the brown Ye Crayon Yeux. I've decided to not to buy any more RCS for now.
I will look at all three ups, but the orange will I think is a nice shade for summer, especially since it's a creme. I need to see the other two irl to compare. So this time I will walk to the counter without a list in my head. Great that the nail envy is helping :) RCS are off my lists as well, even though I do like them, they are just like an overpriced lip balm. Let's wait for fall.

hanabipl

Hi ladies, just saw the collection at Bloomingdales, they had a nice gift as well. So I just had to buy some goodies! I bought all 3 of the polishes, I can't resist, I just reapply top coat during the week after my manicure and that prolongs the chipping issue. The most unusual of the 3 is Island, it's almost like the inside of an oyster shell with a peachy/ pink tinge.
The shadow duo is gorgeous (sable/emouvant), super pigmented and very different than Taupe/Delicat. Here's a swatch. Top to bottom, taupe/delicat, sable/emouvant

I also got Calypso Glossimer, it's nicely pigmented, lot's of sparkles! The other glossimer, Sirocco?, goes on clear, did not need that.
Both RC also made it in, En Vogue is really pretty and has decent color payoff, not sure about Empreinte, it's quite a natural beige.
The big question were the bronzers, I ended up with both, but I need to play with them. I thought the sable rose would be better for my NC15 skin tone, but I'm thinking that Sable beige might work better, it seemed lighter on my hand in the store. We'll see when I try them at home. I can always return one if it doesn't work for me.
That's it! It was crazy in the makeup dept. Lancome had a good giveaway too!

Thanks for swatch! Unfortunately it seems that Sable Emouvant will be too gold for me... but I will check it at the counter for sure.

Winthrop44

Hi ladies, just saw the collection at Bloomingdales, they had a nice gift as well. So I just had to buy some goodies! I bought all 3 of the polishes, I can't resist, I just reapply top coat during the week after my manicure and that prolongs the chipping issue. The most unusual of the 3 is Island, it's almost like the inside of an oyster shell with a peachy/ pink tinge.
The shadow duo is gorgeous (sable/emouvant), super pigmented and very different than Taupe/Delicat. Here's a swatch. Top to bottom, taupe/delicat, sable/emouvant

I also got Calypso Glossimer, it's nicely pigmented, lot's of sparkles! The other glossimer, Sirocco?, goes on clear, did not need that.
Both RC also made it in, En Vogue is really pretty and has decent color payoff, not sure about Empreinte, it's quite a natural beige.
The big question were the bronzers, I ended up with both, but I need to play with them. I thought the sable rose would be better for my NC15 skin tone, but I'm thinking that Sable beige might work better, it seemed lighter on my hand in the store. We'll see when I try them at home. I can always return one if it doesn't work for me.
Thanks for the great pics & info. You are so lucky to have a Bloomingdales. Sigh. I used to live right next to one. Now I would have to drive 3 hours!
lol.gif
Let us know what you think when you try the bronzers. I am thinking about the lighter one too.

Winthrop44

^^ Is the lighter shade of the duo gold? Do the brown liner stay put? You are making me want Calypso now.
My questions too - exactly - Miss QQ. I have had problems with these liners before so I would love to know if this one does better.

Ernie

My questions too - exactly - Miss QQ. I have had problems with these liners before so I would love to know if this one does better.

The brown liner did seem to stay put on my hand, I had to use eye makeup remover to get it totally off my hand.

Winthrop44

I lived in Queens right next to the Fresh Meadows store, which is gone now. So is the lighter color in the duo similar to the one in the Noir-Ivoire duo then? Good new about the liner!

Ernie

I lived in Queens right next to the Fresh Meadows store, which is gone now. So is the lighter color in the duo similar to the one in the Noir-Ivoire duo then? Good new about the liner!

Did you grow up there? I've always lived in Queens, right now I'm in Jackson Heights. I remember the Fresh Meadows Bloomingdales....
The lighter color is way more yellow and a deeper tone than Ivoire, not really suitable for a highlighter, but would work well on the eyelid.

Winthrop44

I had my own apartment in Fresh Meadows in my late 20s, but I grew up a few blocks from the Whitestone Bridge...not too far away either. I remember going to Bloomingdales many times with my mom when I was little too. Your cat is beautiful! I love Calypso! I can't wait till they put it up online.

Ernie

I had my own apartment in Fresh Meadows in my late 20s, but I grew up a few blocks from the Whitestone Bridge...not too far away either. I remember going to Bloomingdales many times with my mom when I was little too. Your cat is beautiful! I love Calypso! I can't wait till they put it up online.

Thanks! I'm sure you'll love Calypso, it's a very wearable orange.

Calypso
My cat has to get into everything!

Thanks for the wonderful swatches! Can't wait to see this in person!

I just came across a great pic of one of the bronzers. The blogger says it's Sable Rose, but it looks like the peachy beige one to me. I'm confused. But here it is, for those interested: http://smokeyeyesmua.wordpress.com/2012/04/19/chanel-summer-collection-sneak-peek/

Anyone who has seen/purchased, can you shed some light on which one this is? Thanks!

Icecaramellatte

Wow! This thread just exploded. I guess I haven't checked it four days. That must be a record for me. I wished I had checked it before I headed out yesterday.

I went to Bloomies last night too! Did you stay for the event? Well, I had my makeover. I just told them to try the new stuff on me. They opted for the Matellesse (sp.???) eyeshadow quint???. I requested the Tumulte blush because I wanted to try it. I really liked how the eyeshadows looked but I didn't know if it were the shadows themselves or the application by the MA. I decided it was the application so I didn't get it (very dupeable colors (didn't really look springy either). The MA also put a combo of Paradis, insouciance and a smidge of a silvery gloss. I loved the look! I never thought I could wear Paradis. I remember wanting Insouciance before so I got that and Paradis. Afterwards, I looked over the summer collection. I had to get Calypso.
I agree it is a pigmented gloss but still sheer enough so that people that don't want that full on opaque orange lip can still wear an orange lip this season. I also got Holiday. I think I must go back for the other 2 nail polishes. What was I thinking leaving them behind? I was thinking that I wanted to be good.

Anyway, I didn't try any bronzers. I have 3 already and I just don't know if I need more. How different can they all be? But I am curious about this purple stripe one. So I will probably test that one next time. I swatched the duo on my hand. I really liked it but I thought maybe I could dupe it with my Chanel quads. I saw the peche cuive pencil but it was so light on my hand, I didn't think it would work on the lid but now I'm thinking it may have worked on the bottom lash line. I didn't think of that. I didn't try the coco shines. I'm also happy about finally getting matched to a Chanel foundation so I may purchase that one day. So for last night (not including future hauls) my haul was:

• Tumulte Blush
  • Paradis lipstick
  • Insouciance lipgloss
  • Holiday nail polish
  • Calypso glossimer

I also got a black Chanel makeup bag. Mini mascara, Mini glossimer, trial size Coco Mademoiselle body lotion. Bloomies Tote bag.

Now what's next? This seemed like a small collection. It can't be all there is for summer. When is the Diwali nail polish coming? That was the only other upcoming thing I was interested in.

Edit - I tried the Paradis/Insouciance combo today and it looked a lot like the Enviree/Sweet Beige combo so maybe I didn't need this after all. But I think the smidge of silver is what really made it fab. I will have to try it with one of my Mac silvery lipglasses.

MaryJane

I can't decide whether to get the new bronzer. They both look pretty but I still have almost all of the Chanel bronzer I got last year.

Which of the bronzers is supposed to be for lighter skin? I assumed it was the peach one (the one w/o the purple stripe).

Ernie

Thanks for the wonderful swatches! Can't wait to see this in person!

I just came across a great pic of one of the bronzers. The blogger says it's Sable Rose, but it looks like the peachy beige one to me. I'm confused. But here it is, for those interested: http://smokeyeyesmua.wordpress.com/2012/04/19/chanel-summer-collection-sneak-peek/

Anyone who has seen/purchased, can you shed some light on which one this is? Thanks!

The smaller middle picture is the sable rose, but the last big picture is definitely the sable beige. HTH

Ernie

I can't decide whether to get the new bronzer. They both look pretty but I still have almost all of the Chanel bronzer I got last year.

Which of the bronzers is supposed to be for lighter skin? I assumed it was the peach one (the one w/o the purple stripe).

Yes, the sable beige is supposed to be for lighter skin.

Ernie

Wow! This thread just exploded. I guess I haven't checked it four days. That must be a record for me. I wished I had checked it before I headed out yesterday.

I went to Bloomies last night too! Did you stay for the event? Well, I had my makeover. I just told them to try the new stuff on me. They opted for the Matellesse (sp.???) eyeshadow quint???. I requested the Tumulte blush because I wanted to try it. I really liked how the eyeshadows looked but I didn't know if it were the shadows themselves or the application by the MA. I decided it was the application so I didn't get it (very dupeable colors (didn't really look springy either). The MA also put a combo of Paradis, insouciance and a smidge of a silvery gloss. I loved the look! I never thought I could wear Paradis. I remember wanting Insouciance before so I got that and Paradis. Afterwards, I looked over the summer collection. I had to get Calypso.
I agree it is a pigmented gloss but still sheer enough so that people that don't want that full on opaque orange lip can still wear an orange lip this season. I also got Holiday. I think I must go back for the other 2 nail polishes. What was I thinking leaving them behind? I was thinking that I wanted to be good.

Anyway, I didn't try any bronzers. I have 3 already and I just don't know if I need more. How different can they all be? But I am curious about this purple stripe one. So I will probably test that one next time. I swatched the duo on my hand. I really liked it but I thought maybe I could dupe it with my Chanel quads. I saw the peche cuive pencil but it was so light on my hand, I didn't think it would work on the lid but now I'm thinking it may have worked on the bottom lash line. I didn't think of that. I didn't try the coco shines. I'm also happy about finally getting matched to a Chanel foundation so I may purchase that one day. So for last night (not including future hauls) my haul was:

• Tumulte Blush
  • Paradis lipstick
  • Insouciance lipgloss
  • Holiday nail polish
  • Calypso glossimer

I also got a black Chanel makeup bag. Mini mascara, Mini glossimer, trial size Coco Mademoiselle body lotion. Bloomies Tote bag.

Now what's next? This seemed like a small collection. It can't be all there is for summer. When is the Diwali nail polish coming? That was the only other upcoming thing I was interested in.

Edit - I tried the Paradis/Insouciance combo today and it looked a lot like the Enviree/Sweet Beige combo so maybe I didn't need this after all. But I think the smidge of silver is what really made it fab. I will have to try it with one of my Mac silvery lipglasses.

I just bought my stuff and ran! I also got the gift which was nice. I like Holly who works there, she's super!