Chanel Summer 2012

Ernie

^^^ I am also fairly light, and sable rose looks much better on me than sable beige.

It's going to be hard to decide even when you see it in person!
On my nc15 skin, the rose was deeper than the beige, but I got both, cause you can play with them and make them work.
I think I'll use the beige over a matte neutral blush.

MaryJane

I'm a NC15-NC 20 with some pink on my skin (mostly my cheeks) but also have some yellow undertone. I think it's going to be hard to pick. I want something natural, the rose looks dark/ deep in the pics, is it as dark when applied?

Bonitinha

Ernie -- I love your Calpyso swatch. I have bought a few orange/tangerine things this season and I am dying over that color lately
heart.gif

Icecaramellate -- sounds like a fabulous shopping trip! I still need to get Paradis. Sounds gorgeous.

Chikky

I'm a NC15-NC 20 with some pink on my skin (mostly my cheeks) but also have some yellow undertone. I think it's going to be hard to pick. I want something natural, the rose looks dark/ deep in the pics, is it as dark when applied?
It's not super dark, I don't think. Blush/bronzer is my weak point when applying makeup (it scares me a bit!!) and I haven't had any problems with applying this.

elegant-one

Michelle - I'm loving orangey corals so much right now. I even bought the skinny cropped pants at Anthro last weekend. They are a thin popsicle orange & white strip & I love them.

So does the Rose bronzer actually have any rose undertone to it???

I am going to see this collection tomorrow. My semi far away Macys has it....the crazy Chanel lady called & told my hubs that yesterday
girlhaha.gif

And why is this not online??? blech

Winthrop44

I called online yesterday and they didn't understand it either, other than to say it did not ship to them when it was supposed to. They seemed to think it would be online in a matter of days, but I've noticed that they often put up new collections with only about a day left on free shipping - and the current FS ends May 4. I sure hope they don't wait that long!

nudibelle

Went to Macys a lunch got calypso GORGEOUS And Holiday its even brighter in person I also fell in love with the bronzer, the liquid one, blends beautifully into skin, no glitter sparkles just this great subtle highlight

nudibelle

its online at macys.com and bloomingdales.com
thats what made call and check our local macys counter (Macys Downtown Brooklyn)
save a little on shipping costs
that luminizer is GREAT

and the MUA did say its best over the bronzer

Empreinte i loved too and had it added to what i was getting
but as we talked and talked about the collection, settled into my lip lines
Goregous but i had to take off the counter.

I will go back to get Delight.

MaryJane

I was able to check out this collection today. I purchased..

• eye shadow duo - the colors are dupable but I love the quality/texture of Chanel shadows
  • both RC shines
  • Calypso gloss
  • Sable Rose bronzer

A few comments about the bronzer - when I first saw the promo pics I thought for sure the Sable Beige would be best for me. I wear Ivoire 2C in Lancome foundation, fair - fairly light in Bare Minerals so I am on the fair/light side. When I swatched Sable Beige with a brush, it was very light and had a strong gold tone to it. Almost like a highligher, it didn't have a brown base like a typical bronzer would.

On the other hand, Sable Rose was more pigmented when swatched. It had a slight rose (not red) undertone and seemed to look like a more natural tan when applied. The MA tried some on my and it wasn't too dark/deep for my coloring. She actually used Sable Beige as a highlighter on my cheekbones.

The polishes were pretty but I don't polish my nails often to justify spending that kind of money on it. I have no idea what the peach eye-liner is for - it is very frosty.

On a side note, the MA at Macy's was so annoying - one of those who tells you that 'everything will look great' on me. She was in it just for the sale. I've been helped by a few MA's who were truthful and told me when something didn't look good on me - I actually seek those people out and give them my business at every opportunity.

After I get Magnolia l/s (whenever it's re-released) I'm done shopping til the Fall.

Hey ladies, my Nordies had the new collection out, and I made some purchases. I just got home and I have to run out again, but I posted on my blog a quick swatch of the two new RCS shades, along with a comparison of En Vogue to other RCS shades. I hope it's ok that I post the link ... I don't have time to upload the pic and caption it.

http://prettyaddictedblog.blogspot.com/2012/04/summertime-de-chanel-2012-rouge-coco.html

I am also going to take some quick snaps of the two bronzers and post them here. I don't have time swatch right now, but I will later. Hope you are having a lovely Saturday!

Oh btw I got:

All three n/p shades
Both bronzers
Calypso glossimer

Ack, so my bronzer pics didn't work out and I have to get going. But I will echo other ladies sentiments that sable beige looks like more of a highlighter than a bronzer ... will have to play with it to see how it will go. Sable Rose has a pretty rose flush that infuses the bronze ... it looks pretty. Wasn't dark or muddy on me at all, and I am NC 15/20 or so. I want to compare it to Bonze Rose from last summer.

Also I posted a quick swatch of all three polishes:

https://twitter.com/#!/prettyaddicted/status/193802639589384192/photo/1

Holiday is a dark orange, it looks good on my pale skin though. Not yellowing or anything.
Island is a gorgeous shimmery pinky peachy beigey thing. Hard to describe; it isn't pink, it isn't peach, it isn't beige. Super pretty, IMO.
Delight is the goldeny bronzey answer to last fall's Graphite.

Hope that helps, ladies! I'll sit down later and post more info.

elegant-one

MaryJane - that is my list as well along with the darker brown eyeliner. Those kind of SA drive me nuts.....they get "shushed"
girlhaha.gif

what did you think of the shine colors?

I was told by one of the chanel ladies that Rose Bronze is for fair skin. The peach eyeliner is for lining the waterline to open the eyes.

Love that Cardi Michelle. And Calypso is a must have. So is Paradis & Malice
greengrin.gif

Dominique33

Last tuesday I bought 2 gorgeous nail polishes from the so called " Vernithèque " from YSL, just great !
Thanks for the pretty swatches, I love Chanel but this time I will pass on the Summer collection, I have 2 beautiful polishes " Frisson " and " Tentation " from the Roses Ultimes, now I must be careful
mac_atemywallet.gif
Not M.A.C but Chanel among others ate my wallet !

MaryJane

MaryJane - that is my list as well along with the darker brown eyeliner. Those kind of SA drive me nuts.....they get "shushed"
girlhaha.gif

what did you think of the shine colors?

I was told by one of the chanel ladies that Rose Bronze is for fair skin. The peach eyeliner is for lining the waterline to open the eyes.

Love that Cardi Michelle. And Calypso is a must have. So is Paradis & Malice
greengrin.gif
The coral RCS is gorgeous and will look great with Calypso. The other is a nude with a hint of pink - that's the best way I can describe it. I'm not sure how it will look on lips with alot of natural pigmentation. I have no color in my lips. I also think it will work with a variety of liners and other lip colors.