Chanel Summer 2012

Winthrop44

Gail -- is there a special free ship code? I hope I don't have to pay shipping for Calypso. I haven't ordered Malice yet (what is wrong with me?), so I will order that at the same time.
What all are you getting from this collection?
I am still not sure what I'm getting besides Calypso. Island np, the brown liner and the rose bronzer are maybes. What about you? No code needed on the free shipping!
cheerleader.gif

Bonitinha

I am still not sure what I'm getting besides Calypso. Island np, the brown liner and the rose bronzer are maybes. What about you? No code needed on the free shipping!
cheerleader.gif
I am getting Calypso for sure. I am going to get Malice and Paradis because I have been wanting those for a while. And maybe Superstition (I am thinking that golden nude color would be really pretty under Calypso). The bronzers look pretty, but still trying to decide if I need them??

Icecaramellatte

Ernie -- I love your Calpyso swatch. I have bought a few orange/tangerine things this season and I am dying over that color lately
heart.gif

Icecaramellate -- sounds like a fabulous shopping trip! I still need to get Paradis. Sounds gorgeous.
I mixed Paradis with Calypso and got a nice coral color.

Winthrop44

Sabrina reviewed the polishes: http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2012/04/chanel-island-delight-and-holiday-for.html

Ernie

The coral RCS is gorgeous and will look great with Calypso. The other is a nude with a hint of pink - that's the best way I can describe it. I'm not sure how it will look on lips with alot of natural pigmentation. I have no color in my lips. I also think it will work with a variety of liners and other lip colors.

I agree about the coral rcs with Calypso. I haven't tried the nude one yet, and figure out which gloss to use with it.

Dominique33

I love " Holiday " nail polish but
busted.gif
I bought many make-up products from both Spring and Summer collections, I'll have to pass on the Chanel pretty summer 2012.
Hope you'll be glad with your Chanel make-up, it looks nice ( the bronzers are gorgeous too !)

Rinstar

OK I need orange/coral lip rehab I think. I need help with a debate I'm having with myself:
I am getting Calypso because I can not pass it up. I WANT En Vogue too, but I have Liberte and Flirt RCS too and am starting to feel like I just keep buying all of the orange-y/coral RCS that Chanel releases. Is En Vogue different enough from those two for me to justify this purchase?

I also want Empreinte (stupid, because I have a billion pinky nude lippies and barely wear them) and Sable Rose (semi-smart, because I do wear bronzer every day).

Winthrop44

I'm feeling the same way about En Vogue because I have Sari d'Eau, Flirt and Chantecaille's new Lip Chic Sunrise. I really don't think I need En Vogue....and I have pretty much decided to pass on all of the polishes.

elegant-one

^ Although its a pretty color, I think that you can skip En Vogue. I kind of wish that I hadn't bought it but you never know until you try it on. It doesn't really come out as corally orange as I had hoped for, but more of a pinker/redder very slight coral just slightly darker than my lip color - weird because it swatched very pretty but it is more pinked red based than orange. Calypso is gorgeous on! Those two things are all I bought. However, I am going to buy the eyeshadow duo when its online. The brown is a beautiful deep brown with slight bronze tones & the lighter side is really pretty, just a slight pale golden yellow ivory. I really like the color of the brun eyeliner, but I don't own any of those so I am not sure how well they wear. I have all the waterproof ones. I couldn't figure out what it was about the rose bronzer that didn't make me want to get it. The color looked a bit off on the back of my hand. Maybe it would look better on my face, but I didn't fall in love with it. The lighter pink nude shine was a really pretty color but would never show up on my pigmented lips :( NEXT
girlhaha.gif

En Vogue isn't really like Flirt. Flirt is fabulous on. EV is more pinked red

Bonitinha

Thanks for the swatches, Gail! Are you waiting to order online or will you make the drive to the Chanel counter??

Elegant -- that lighter RCS does look pretty! I love me some pinky nudes! I wonder if I should hold out for when the new RA's come out -- they last so much longer on me.
Thanks for all of your descriptions. Now I am dying for Calypso. If Chanel.com doesn't get it soon, I will have to order from Macy's for sure. Probably good that I don't fall in love with the bronzer, either (since I have a few lippies and blush that I am dying to get)

Dominique -- You are good to pace yourself :)

Rinstar -- I have been on a coral/orange kick, too. I am so cool toned that I didn't think I could wear it. But I finally tried out my MAC Ravishing lipstick (that actually pulls a little more orange on me than coral pink) and I really liked it. So, I am filling up my closet and makeup box with oranges lately lately
heart.gif

Winthrop44

I'm just gonna order online I think. Thanks for your review elegant.
smiles.gif
Was the brown liner alot darker than the espresso waterproof one?

elegant-one

The new Brun one is a tad darker than Espresso. It looks a lot like the Espresso BB gel line & the new longwear pencil. Its a lovely dark brown.

I too some swatch pics...give me a minute.

Latest posts