Chanel Summer 2012

elegant-one

En Vogue - left, Flirt - right

On my lips, Flirt is much more orangish than EV even though they look similar in the above swatch.

Winthrop44

They are both really pretty colors though, just a matter of what you want/need. Yes, I do like the BB pencil alot. I like the Black Navy even more than the Mahogany. Do you have that one?

elegant-one

No, I don't. Is it one of the new LW ones? Ahh, they just had they FF sale. I forgot to order another of the gel liner too while the sale was on.

elegant-one

Ooh, ok I'll get it
lol.gif

So has your list changed at all?

Rinstar

Thanks for the help ladies and for the comparison, Elegant! I think I will try to skip En Vogue. I like Flirt, but haven't worn it much and have numerous other coral lip colors to use. But, Calypso is MINE! Btw, it looks like Bloomingdales has Jalousie in stock so I'm thinking of maybe getting that too.

Winthrop44

I can't seem to make a list for this collection. I change my mind daily.
lol.gif
The only thing I *know* I want is Calypso. I may get the duo but I'm a little afraid of the light color being too yellow since I didn't end up loving Noir-Ivoire for that reason (and the harshness of black on me).

elegant-one

I just put EV back on & I guess I do like how it makes my lips look. I kinda of have to use a lot to get the color to show up fairly well. I think it would be pretty with corally blushes. it does give my lips a very youthful just bitten look :)

Calypso is really really pretty on. Its such a wearable orange/tangerine color & its pigmented. I think you'll love it Rinstar.

elegant-one

I can't seem to make a list for this collection. I change my mind daily.
lol.gif
The only thing I *know* I want is Calypso. I may get the duo but I'm a little afraid of the light color being too yellow since I didn't end up loving Noir-Ivoire for that reason (and the harshness of black on me).
Well if that ivoire was too yellow, than you probably won't like the one in this duo as it has a bit more golden pearl undertone. I loved the brown color a lot.

FadBurger

At first I was sure I wanted Calypso because that's the name of my mom's dog, so I tend to get things based on that but now I am not too sure...orange doesn't play well with my skin tone.

After seeing swatches though I am interested in that duo, it looks like something I can get tons of use from and I've been wanting a Chanel eyeshadow. I got the Twilight single and ended up looking like a vampire from Twilight thanks to all that crazy fallout...so I ended up returning it and getting my pink shimmer fix via MAC Da Bling...

Miss QQ

elegant - Thanks for the pics! Enjoy your new goodies!

winthrop - You are passing all 3 nps? I was unsure about them but after looking at the swatches, I'm in love with all 3. It will be hard for me to decide which to buy, because I'm not going to buy all 3. I'm unsure about the duo too, I have to see it in person.

I have Sari d'eau and Flirt too, and now I want EV but I have promised myself no more RCS. Sari is orange and fun to wear when I have minimal makeup on other parts of my face. I find Flirt a little too bright for me to wear with everything, especially after it dries up and leave a bright coral stain. And I'm liking both bronzers now!

Is the weather warming up for you ladies? I'm having sunny days here and I'm so ready for all the summer collections. The first to hit the counters is Dior, as usual, on 1 May. I'm quite certain the chanel summer will launch at the chanel studios first, before the counters in mid-May.

ETA: Sabrina compared Delight with Quartz. I passed Quartz because despite of its popularity, it didn't look good on me. I'm excited to see Delight in person.

http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2012/04/chanel-delight-607-vs-quartz-525.html

Winthrop44

Miss QQ - I do like Delight more after seeing Sabrina's comparison with Quartz (which does not look good on me either), but I just bought Tom Ford Silver Smoke which is (in Karla's words) a cool gold, and I really don't wear metallics that much, so....we'll see. Island is too sheer for me and I'm not sure why but Holiday isn't grabbing me.

It was quite warm here for about the past month but right now we're in a cold and rainy period, so I'm feeling like I have time to decide on all this summer stuff! lol

Bonitinha

MissQQ -- we are having some warm temps here, too. Yesterday and today the high is 88 degrees F -- but by saturday it will be rainy and in the high 50's. Crazy spring weather here.
Let me know when you see the new Dior launch. All of the bronzers look so gorgeous and I want that aqua nail polish!! We do have a Dior counter in my mall, but they seem to get all of the collections late.
I may only get Calypso from this collection, but I still have Paradis and Malice on my list, too
heart.gif

cutemiauw

Hi ladies, it's lovely to see some swatches. Thank you :).

It's starting to get sunny again over here, but the temps are still in the low 60s F. Last weekend we went to a garden center, where they sell plants, flowers, herbs, fruits, etc. I ended up spending a lot of money there, it might cause a dent in my mu budget, but it's all worth it. We finally have some nice flowers on our balcony
amuse.gif
and some herbs on the kitchen window.

I'm a bit bummed Malice didn't make it here for summer... I don't know if I will get anything from the summer collection. A lot of them is pretty but nothing calls my name. Perhaps only the np. I'm liking Island a lot.

cutemiauw

^^ Oh dear, it is pretty... Actually I do wonder (being someone who also never uses bronzer but wants to), I was thinking that bronzer is something that should be like a foundation? I mean like there's one color that would suit a certain skin tone. Or does one really need a pink toned bronzer, orange toned, etc?

Bonitinha

Astrid -- so fun that you were able to go get flowers and herbs. I love filling my hanging baskets and pots with pretty flowers
heart.gif

Gail -- I get get so overwhelmed with all of the bronzers, too. The only one I totally fell in love with was the brozning blush from Chanel last summer. I think I love the idea of bronzers, but in reality they don't look that great on me LOL I always want to find the perfect one that will work. That Burberry one does look pretty!

Winthrop44

Yep, that's how I feel too Michelle. Astrid, I think you really need to try a bunch on because they vary so much from both light to dark and from rosy to peachy to orangey. I think it was more true in the past when bronzers were all variations of peachy-beige-brown that you would find "the one" like a foundation, but once rose was thrown into the mix, and they turned more into blusher-bronzers, it seems like you could get different tones to go with different looks. But someone who's more of a bronzer person can probably give you a much better answer. I've been reading about alot of people using the Chanel sable-beige as a highlighter along with the sable-rose. You just have to experiment and see what looks good on you. So far the only bronzer I've ever really liked on myself is Armani Sheer bronzer in #1.

BTW did everyone see that Sabrina gave Specktra a shout out in her thoughts on the rest of the collection when she compared Delight to Quartz?

http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2012/04/chanel-delight-607-vs-quartz-525.html

Thanks Sabrina!
wavey.gif

Latest posts