Chanel Summer 2012

Ingenue

The Chanel Summer 2012 Collection is online!
yahoo.gif

elegant-one

Just ordered the shadow duo
greengrin.gif
Still debating about the Brun eye pencil??? yes no yes no yes???

Alls well on the home front with the tree...whew :)

Winthrop44

I'm so glad all went well for you with the tree!! That's a big relief, right?

Too funny...I just got the e-mail from Chanel that they put the collection up! What is wrong with the chain of information there? Oh well, I cancelled my Bloomingdales order because Chanel will be quicker.

elegant-one

I'm so glad all went well for you with the tree!! That's a big relief, right?

Too funny...I just got the e-mail from Chanel that they put the collection up! What is wrong with the chain of information there? Oh well, I cancelled my Bloomingdales order because Chanel will be quicker.

YES! I didn't sleep most of the night. Fortunately & amazingly it did not puncture through the roof or shingles.

See, I did not get that email! It makes me so mad that I don't get them. I know right! Every time they say it won't be up blah blah blah...it goes up on the site then
girlhaha.gif

Winthrop44

I know it's just coincidence but sometimes it feels like when I call they say, oh yeah maybe we should put that stuff up.

That is amazing that it didn't damage your roof. We've never been that lucky, but we've never had a pine tree fall on us either, just big oaks. Ugh.

Monsy

I want en vogue lipstick and duo - that i don't need at all i have 54564564 shades like those two

elegant-one

Monsy - no, its just a bit different then the other 54564564 shades
lol.gif

Winthrop - LOL on the whole Chanel info.

Well, the pine was tall but not terrible huge around. We think that the partial uprooted soil kept it somewhat in the ground & the branches acted like a buffer but they just broke off & did not penetrate the shingles. Weird, I know. We have a huge oak right in the front of our house & a large maple in the back. I think I will be forever fearful now :(

tinarina

I have been reading posts in this thread for almost 2 hours trying to decide what to get from the new collection as soon as I received the email from Chanel that it was up on the website. Being a busy mom, I never find time to get to the makeup counters anymore. I signed up just to say thank you to everyone who contributes to these forums with your plethora of information.
urock.gif
I hate making uninformed decisions and all the information you all provide is so wonderful. So thanks bunches! And I guess since I'm signed up now, I might pipe in here and there
amuse.gif

Ingenue

I LOVE that 'welcome to the site' smilie!
lol.gif
I'm still compiling my list. I think I'm getting everything but the lighter RCS and and bronzers (I have too many as it is). But I love everything else.

elegant-one

I also just bought Smashbox's Jet Set liner (huge fan of this product) in Idol. Its a gorgeous medium to slight dark warm brown with bronze undertones. I only wear these on my waterline. I paired it with a Victoria's Secret eyeliner pencil in Total Fox (LOVE this) which is a medium slight dark warm brown liner. I love the color & the wear time. And then I used MAC Mix & Switch (copper brown side) over ccb root just on the lid to crease. Hubs was like...ooh, I love your eyes today
girlhaha.gif

I was wondering if the golden side of the es duo is close to some of my eye highlighter pencils/powders. I'm hoping so. I'm also still intrigued about how the peche el would look on me.

Icecaramellatte

I LOVE that 'welcome to the site' smilie!
lol.gif
I'm still compiling my list. I think I'm getting everything but the lighter RCS and and bronzers (I have too many as it is). But I love everything else.
Ingenue - you will love Calypso! I didn't try the orange lipstick but I'm sure you will rock that one too.

BTW I went with Mac Call Me Bubbles quad today to coordinate with Malice and Calypso. But now I'm thinking that Chanel orangey single color (forgot the name) may work well too. May do an all Chanel face tomorrow.

Bonitinha

I didn't get the email from Chanel this time, either. Wierd. So glad I can check this thread :)
I just ordered Calypso and also Paradis since I didn't order that from the spring collex. I totally forgot to order Malice. I will have to get that later!

Elegant -- now I want to go check out that VS liner. And I love the name Total Fox!

elegant-one

I didn't get the email from Chanel this time, either. Wierd. So glad I can check this thread :)
I just ordered Calypso and also Paradis since I didn't order that from the spring collex. I totally forgot to order Malice. I will have to get that later!

Elegant -- now I want to go check out that VS liner. And I love the name Total Fox!

I loved that name too
graucho.gif
I'm going to get a few of their other eyeliner colors, I really do love VS makeup. Their colors are always beautifully perfect & sexy.

I hope you love Paradis! When I bought my Chanel stuff at Macys over the weekend they gave me one of those cute little sample glosses of Wild Rose. Its really pretty but just a bit rosier than my normal lip color.

I wish Chanel would do a set to buy of those little gloss tubes!

Bonitinha

I only have one of those little mini glossimers in Spark -- it is the cutest!! They should be more generous with them for sure. You are lucky that Wild Rose is your natural lip color! On me, it definitely has a rosey plum look.
Next time I'm at the mall, I will be heading to VS for makeup
heart.gif

peanut

Thank you everyone for all the wonderful swatches and links to swatches! It makes it so much easier to decide what to get. I was restrained for once and got only the e/s duo and En Vogue. I'm still eyeing Holiday though. So bright, but so pretty! At least I have till May 4 to add anything.

Haven

Just ordered the shadow duo
greengrin.gif
Still debating about the Brun eye pencil??? yes no yes no yes???

Alls well on the home front with the tree...whew :)
I would vote no on the brun eye pencil. I have better pencils that last a lot longer. The brun pencil looks great when first applied, but it melts off/disappears halfway through the workday.

I use the lighter pencil layered over a darker color and also in the inner eye area. Really brightens my eyes.

Day 2 of delight has some tip wear, but overall good staying power.

Latest posts