Chanel Summer 2012

Winthrop, partymarty - You are most welcome! Glad it helped you out.

Bonitinha - Thank you :)

I am also trying to take pics of Calypso. It turned out to be one of my favorite items from the collection. I never thought I would be into an orange lip gloss, but there it is.

Completely forgot about Peche Cuivre. I wanted to look at that one to see how it compares to I Got No Kick from MAC, which I have and also backed up because I use it constantly. I will have to get to a counter ASAP!

Icecaramellatte

Winthrop, partymarty - You are most welcome! Glad it helped you out.

Bonitinha - Thank you :)

I am also trying to take pics of Calypso. It turned out to be one of my favorite items from the collection. I never thought I would be into an orange lip gloss, but there it is.

Completely forgot about Peche Cuivre. I wanted to look at that one to see how it compares to I Got No Kick from MAC, which I have and also backed up because I use it constantly. I will have to get to a counter ASAP!
Me too. Love Calypso. I'm loving it mixed with other colors. I almost never do that. I wore it today with Bagatelle. I did it kind of funny though. I put Bagatelle on my top lip and Calypso on the bottom and them smushed them together. Nice soft peach that coordinated extremely well with the Eclosion quad and Horizon Blush I wore today.

toautumn

Thanks prettyaddicted! I will have to go down to my counter and try it in person, but that swatch definitely looks good to me!
ok.gif

mac_aiken

Didn't know you were in Seattle. Hello neighbor! I live in Edmonds and work in Seattle.

I really like your blog.
Hi all! It's been stupidly overcast here in Seattle so I haven't been able to get great pics of anything, but I did my best to put together a comparison of Sable Rose and Bronze Rose from last year, if anyone is interested:

http://prettyaddictedblog.blogspot.com/2012/04/summertime-de-chanel-soleil-tan-de.html

I know for me Sable Rose was an iffy purchase because I wondered about how it compares to Bronze Rose. I hope this helps!

mac_aiken

I finally saw this IRL today. Bought Calypso and the e/s duo. Love both! Passed on the bronzers as I have both from last year.

Miss QQ

I never post here, even though I have been stalking this thread like mad. Can anyone compare the Rose Bronzer to last year's Rose one? I am loving last year's, so I wonder if I need this one too. Thanks!
Hi! I follow your blog, you are a pretty girl! I can't load the prettyaddictedblog, it says it is removed. Is Calypso very pigmented? Dior has a sheer orange gloss for summer which I'm sort of lemming, like the I've just drank orange juice look.

cutemiauw

MissQQ - I'm loving the Dior Orange Pareo too... especially after seeing it's a true orange look vs reddish orange. It reminds me of a version of L'Oreal lipgloss I used to love a long time ago.
I did have a nice dinner for the anniversary :). And then soon a vacation south :).

Prettyaddicted, thanks for the swatches!
I think now I'm almost sure the summer bronzer wouldn't really work on me seeing how sheer it looked on the swatches. Too bad because I loved the design :D. My list is slowly diminishing for this collex.

partymartyw

Hi Miss QQ- thanks! I found some more swatches: http://theultimatemakeup.com/post/21673393840/chanel-summer-2012-collection-picks-swatches-my

Miss QQ

^^ Agreed! Astrid - Yes, Orange Pareo looks gorgeous. Did you get it? My problem with Dior glosses is that they tend to slide on my lips because they are not tacky at all and don't stay put. Glossimers and extract de gloss are still my favorite. I will certainly look at Dior when it launches on 1 May and I can see if I need it. elegant - Do you have Sari d'eau? Are they close? I can't figure out of Calypso is coral or orange.

Me too. Love Calypso. I'm loving it mixed with other colors. I almost never do that. I wore it today with Bagatelle. I did it kind of funny though. I put Bagatelle on my top lip and Calypso on the bottom and them smushed them together. Nice soft peach that coordinated extremely well with the Eclosion quad and Horizon Blush I wore today.
Ooo mixing Calypso ... I don't normally do that either but with pinks it would probably be lovely! Thanks for the idea!

Is Calypso very pigmented? Dior has a sheer orange gloss for summer which I'm sort of lemming, like the I've just drank orange juice look.
I'm not sure why it was saying that about the blog - it's definitely still there! Let me know if you still can't see it.

tinarina

Ok, I think I'm definitely passing on the e/s duo. The right side is too golden for me. Now I'm debating getting Island, grah! And does anyone know how Empreinte compares to Royallieu? I'm a sucker for those light beige/pink shades but I really don't need anymore.

katred

Specktra Bestie
MissQQ - Calypso is pigmented. Its beautiful on & the one really must have from this collection.
I think you're enabling me here. I don't have a nice, bright orange gloss, having passed on the Nars one last year. And I adore the glossimer formula... I know that Sable Emouvant is coming home, because I think it'll be the sort of thing that gets a ton of use over the summer. I haven't decided on which of the polishes I need... All of them look lovely. I'm finding myself strangely drawn to Island. I don't have that many soft shades and I should, because my manicures start to wear off after a day. I need shades that aren't going to show the wear too badly!

FadBurger

I swatched Calypso and the e/s duo at Macy's yesterday and I think I'll pass on Calypso (even though I love the name) because it's way too orange looking for me! The e/s duo however seems like something I'll get use of year round, so I think it's worth picking up. I'll use my Macy's F&F 25% off on it ;)

shontay07108

I bought Calypso. I told myself I would probably be unimpressed but it was love at first swatch. So gorgeous. I'm a sucker for these kinds of colors. I was on a makeup buying spree, so I decided to leave the duo. It's sooo pretty. The darker shade is especially stunning, but these days I haven't been wearing eyeshadow at all really. The bronzers didn't seem special. I just grabbed Calypso and ran. :lol:

cutemiauw

MissQQ - No, I haven't got the Dior one. I think it's on the counter already, at least in Lafayette. hopefully I'll have time to see it on the weekend :). Does anyone know if Calypso looks almost like nars wonder from summer 2011? It looks kind of similar when I compared the picture of Calypso vs the nars one.

elegant-one

MissQQ - I just swatched Sari D with Calypso & they are in the same color family! Sari D is slightly pinker & about 2-3 shades lighter than Calypso.

Katred - you will love Calypso. I just got my es duo late 7:30 pm...geesh. So I will post a swatch & pics tomorrow morning. The brown is such a rich rich rich brown with the most gorgeous bronze gold tones. I love these shades & the texture is divine.

Shontay - HAHAHAHAHA!!! You crack me up so much
rofl.gif
what I wouldn't give to go shopping with you. Calypso is a fabulous color for you.

Monsy - sorry dear that I couldn't take pics of the duo tonight. I will however, leave it a virgin until I take pics
girlhaha.gif