Chanel Summer 2013

Anneri

Thanks so much for the share, strangely I can't share my own swatches so thanks for doing that for me ;-) I am still trying to get used to the forum and the rules :) I appreciate each help!
No problem! (It gets easier to post links and quotes when you have reached 50 posts, I think.)

Do tell some of your experience with the shadow sticks, would you? I'd like to know how to apply them best: do you use a primer underneath? How quickly do they set? Do you use a brush or your fingers? Do they crease for you?

Dominique33

Fascination was released here about 2 montés ago, the texture is very good ( obviously they changes the formula ) the stades are blue/grey ones, Métamorphose looks more blue/green/pastel in my opinion ( this quad is not for us sadly enough. Glad to have both Dior ones.

TealAngel

Elegant one, have you used True Blue liner yet on your lids? Do you like it? Is it hard to get good color payoff...do you have to swipe it across more than once?

sarabeautime

No problem! (It gets easier to post links and quotes when you have reached 50 posts, I think.)

Do tell some of your experience with the shadow sticks, would you? I'd like to know how to apply them best: do you use a primer underneath? How quickly do they set? Do you use a brush or your fingers? Do they crease for you?
Sure, here is my experience: (I am also planning to write a post about these)

They set very quickly and stay power is pretty good for me, although I don't have oily lids to start with, I sometimes have fading with creme shadows during the day but this one stayed put. I apply them directly from the bullet then blend the edges with my fingers. I haven't worn primer underneath as I rarely does that for creme formulas. They also have a remarkable cooling effect on the eye during application.

I find them pretty good, I only have a few things which bothered me:

1) I tried to use it on my lower lash line and I was wowed by the effect, it looked so nice but then in less than 10 seconds my eyes started burning and they got totally wet, so it seems it was not a good idea to do that. I will never do that again. I thought my eyes are sensitive to whatever is inside which makes this cooling effect because I almost never have such effects from eye liners.

2) During removal the chunky glitter may irritate the eye area and get in the eye, so one has to be extra careful.

3) The eye shadow stick is slimmer in form than other similar formulas, e.g. Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks, so they may bend and break if too much is taken out during the application.

4) They set too quickly so blending is not easy, also I found it better to apply one stick on the lid as blending becomes a challenge with more than one colors. Other colors could be applied along the lower lashes or to the brow bone or inner corner of the eye.

Other than these I am super happy with my sticks and I love playing with them.

Winthrop44

Fascination was released here about 2 montés ago, the texture is very good ( obviously they changes the formula ) the stades are blue/grey ones, Métamorphose looks more blue/green/pastel in my opinion ( this quad is not for us sadly enough. Glad to have both Dior ones.
Thanks Dominique. Are you in Europe or Asia?

elegant-one

Elegant one, have you used True Blue liner yet on your lids? Do you like it? Is it hard to get good color payoff...do you have to swipe it across more than once?
Yes, I have. No problems getting color to show up, but yes you will have to go over it to get vivid color.

sarabeautime

It did not irritate my eyes & I wear contacts.

Did you try it directly on your water line? I would like to hear the experience of the others. With me my eyes started burning in a few seconds. Maybe it is just me and my sensitivity to a certain ingredient...

shontay07108

I put the shadow stick on my waterline when I tried it out. I didn't like it. I didn't have a reaction to it, but it was just week color payoff. Plus, there's shimmer in the one I have, Jade Shore and it doesn't really translate, nor do I think that really belongs on the waterline. I wore Jade Shore today, but as a base. I put Mac's Deep Blue Green pigment on top and Aquadisiac shadow in the crease. It was great. It saved me the step of using water for the pigment to show up intense.

Dominique33

Thanks Dominique. Are you in Europe or Asia?
I reside in Europe, and indeed there is another quad called " Seduction ", both were launched with le Volume mascara ( collection Jeux de Regards ).
Sarabeautime mentioned late summer 2013, hope you'll get both, Seduction is something in between Eclosion, Raffinement but Fascination is gorgeous.

Shadowy Lady

Ok now I'm getting curious about the coloured mascaras. And I'm a get black mascara girl all the way, always been. Wondering if I could pull off something like a teal mascara....hmmmm

CartoonChic

I reside in Europe, and indeed there is another quad called " Seduction ", both were launched with le Volume mascara ( collection Jeux de Regards ).
Sarabeautime mentioned late summer 2013, hope you'll get both, Seduction is something in between Eclosion, Raffinement but Fascination is gorgeous.
I'm so curious about the Seduction and Fascination quads now.

shontay07108

Well, I don't think I can visually sell you on the mascara since I used it on my lower lash and that area is the worst area of my face. Serious insecurity because the the hereditary bags under my eyes. So, I have attempted to crop them out. I'm much better at selling lipstick. This is how I wore it today. I also plan on wearing it on my top, natural lashes and just on the tips. Hope it gives you some idea. Again, I have Lime Light and it comes off in person as a bright minty green.

Latest posts