Chanel Summer 2013

Prettypackages

I got the jade e/s stick. Yellow and teal mascara. I figured these colors were the most unique. I can't get a blue mascara anywhere. Still eyeing that quad.

Pinkdollface

I saw this collection in person for the first time today. The saleswoman said that the collection just released (I'm not sure anymore if it was today or yesterday). She insisted to try some of the shadow sticks on me. She used Blue Bay on the lid as a thick liner and Jade Shore above that into the crease and just above the crease. I liked the combination, but I always have this problem that the MUAs etc. don't put the colour far enough outwards to the outer corner for my taste. It's gives this weird vertical stopping line on the outer corner if that makes sense, because of that I didn't take a picture. The cooling effect of the sticks was very nice and they did seem easy to work with. She also applied True Blue eyepencil on the lower lashline and it didn't lack any pigmentation from what I could tell, but I have similar colours. Finally she used three of the mascara's yes three! I'm still not sure what the idea was behind that, because the effect of the first mascara got so suble you couldn't really see it anymore. Anyway I could see they had enough pigmentation except for the yellow, but I was already wearing black mascara. I really liked the bright blue colour. She also used the lime green, but I'm not sure if I like such a light colour on the lashes. Btw I asked her if using mascara testers couldn't do any harm and according to her the testers have something in them that kills the bacteria. I'm not sure if I'm buying that. Has anyone else ever heard this? She only used the mascara's on the tips of my lashes and the collection was just released so not a lot of people have used it yet, so I just let her go and put everything on me haha. I might get the two shadow sticks, the bright blue mascara en Azure nail polish after payday on May 24th. Overall I did like that Chanel decided to use a lot of colour in this collection. The Azure polish was also beautiful!

Teger

Ended up buying the three blue mascaras and bel-argus. I might buy azure, true blue and jade shore but I'm not sure.
Btw I asked her if using mascara testers couldn't do any harm and according to her the testers have something in them that kills the bacteria. I'm not sure if I'm buying that. Has anyone else ever heard this?
That's a COMPLETE lie. Every makeup counter you go to should be using disposable mascara wands. The testers are exactly the same product as what is sold.

Pinkdollface

That's a COMPLETE lie. Every makeup counter you go to should be using disposable mascara wands. The testers are exactly the same product as what is sold.
I figured thanks for the confirmation. I took the makeup off immediately when I got home, so I don't think any harm is done, but I won't allow it anymore.

Miss QQ

I saw the collection! Disappointing, my counters are not getting the quad! I tried Azure and Bel-Argus on my nails, and they are stunning. I thought they would be too metallic for my liking but I really like both and will be getting them soon. The coloured mascara are beautiful. I'm interested in the two blues and the lime green but I didn't try them on my lashes so I try to imagine how they will look on me. lol. Which is the easiest to wear? I don't know when or how I will wear them but I feel I need them in my life and they will also be my first coloured mascara. The stylo eyeshadows are shimmery and go on smoothly. I probably will get Jade Shore / Blue Bay / Black Stream to try out the new formula. Are they limited edition? True Blue, the waterproof eyeliner, is pigmented and goes on smoothly. The shimmers are gorgeous. I don't see why T gave it such a bad review. I'm passing the lippies although I swatched them and found them pretty and summery.

katred

Specktra Bestie
^What she said. Anything added to the formula would change its chemical structure and would compromise it in other ways (for instance, causing the colour to change), so you wouldn't be seeing what you're actually buying. The only thing they might do is spray the opening with an antibacterial agent, which wouldn't do anything about the bacteria that's inside the tube, where the wand goes.

Pinkdollface

Teals are super-tricky on me as well. More than any other colour, they emphasise my under-eye circles and they never have the beautiful vibrance on me as they do on others. That said, I'm finding it very difficult to resist the Dior quints this summer.

^What she said. Anything added to the formula would change its chemical structure and would compromise it in other ways (for instance, causing the colour to change), so you wouldn't be seeing what you're actually buying. The only thing they might do is spray the opening with an antibacterial agent, which wouldn't do anything about the bacteria that's inside the tube, where the wand goes.
I was also thinking it would change the product. I'm not sure what she was thinking when she said that, but I'll not fall for that trick again.

cheburaha

I saw the collection! Disappointing, my counters are not getting the quad! I tried Azure and Bel-Argus on my nails, and they are stunning. I thought they would be too metallic for my liking but I really like both and will be getting them soon. The coloured mascara are beautiful. I'm interested in the two blues and the lime green but I didn't try them on my lashes so I try to imagine how they will look on me. lol. Which is the easiest to wear? I don't know when or how I will wear them but I feel I need them in my life and they will also be my first coloured mascara. The stylo eyeshadows are shimmery and go on smoothly. I probably will get Jade Shore / Blue Bay / Black Stream to try out the new formula. Are they limited edition? True Blue, the waterproof eyeliner, is pigmented and goes on smoothly. The shimmers are gorgeous. I don't see why T gave it such a bad review. I'm passing the lippies although I swatched them and found them pretty and summery.
I do like the eyeliner as well - I found the colour payoff to be great unnlike many reviews complained. I like to wear it with Zest mascara - the yellow one. I purchased all four of the mascaras but so far only put Zest on. The tips of my lashes are much lighter compared to the rest of the lashes and Zest is only visible on tips - under the sun the effect is fantastic. But I have to say that these colours are to be worn outside on a sunny day, otherwise it's a waste. Love the collection! Bravo Peter!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I saw the collection. Not sure what items I'll get just yet, but I think that both Azure and Bel Argus will come home with me. I liked the shadow pencils, but I'm not sure. The Sales Associate excitedly told me that she was wearing the blue one and closed her eyes to show me. It looked kind of faded and was creased. I probably caught her at the end of her shift, but it still didn't instill that much confidence. The more I think about Zest, the more I want to try it, but I really can't justify Chanel prices for something so gimmicky. Can I?

shontay07108

The sales associate probably used the shadow stick w/o primer and may have oily lids. I haven't tried the shadow stick on it's own because I always use primer no matter what and I have dry/normal skin. Don't let the creasing on her turn you off. I don't have that problem with it at all. As for the colored mascara, I haven't been using it everyday but I love it every time I do use it. I think it's going to go down as one of my best purchases of the year.

Rads

Elegant...I got this today
cheerleader.gif

And a set of 3 samplers from some new skincare that hasn't yet launched..

Miss QQ

Anneri

Dominique33

Yes the Holidays mascaras ( LE I guess ), they have a thick brush and they cost 7 - 8 € each. To me they are quite good but the best is the Arcancil waterproof ones, long brush.
The Bourjois ones are funny, the Arcancil in blue is very impressive indeed ( 11 € I think ).

CartoonChic

Elegant...I got this today
cheerleader.gif

And a set of 3 samplers from some new skincare that hasn't yet launched..
I didn't get the bookmark (
ssad.gif
), but I did get the skincare samples today. I'm glad I'm still on their mailing list. Not sure if I'm on the snow globe list, though.
tong.gif