Chanel Summer 2013

Rads

But, But But......that eyeshadow in the first top pic of you is SO Beautiful!!!! I LOVE that on you so much. I don't do many blues, but that made me want the quad
eyelove.gif
Thank youuuu, Elegant!!!
th_e2cloud9.gif

If you like the colors, then definitely give it a try. You can always return it you find the texture reallly realllllly bad.....They aren't buttery soft like some of the singles, but the colors are pretty.

elegant-one

Thank youuuu, Elegant!!!
th_e2cloud9.gif

If you like the colors, then definitely give it a try. You can always return it you find the texture reallly realllllly bad.....They aren't buttery soft like some of the singles, but the colors are pretty.
friends.gif

I can't decide. It just looks so pretty on you.

Miss QQ

friends.gif

Some of the baked quads have a fine texture and is more pigmented without the chunky glitters that the older quads tend to have. I'm attracted to the indigo shade here, and although I don't care for the greens, I think they work well together and make the quad nice to have. I can't wait to see it in person. Let us know if you get it.

shontay07108

lol on tugging at your own lashes. My lashes are wimpy so I don't have this problem. Thanks, I have to take care to remove the glue completely from now on. I think the glue is colourless so I though I removed it completely but I didn't. Do you remove the glue by the usual way of removing makeup, which for me is to put some remover on a cotton pad and press it on my eyes before wiping it off until clean? It's a pleasant surprise. I hope Chanel gives you a snowglobe one day too. I haven't been purchasing a lot of Chanel this year compared to the previous years, I wonder if I'll be removed from the loyal customer list. lol. Then there would be no more nice surprises for me. Love the bookmark! Some of the baked quads have a fine texture and is more pigmented without the chunky glitters that the older quads tend to have. I'm attracted to the indigo shade here, and although I don't care for the greens, I think they work well together and make the quad nice to have. I can't wait to see it in person. Let us know if you get it.
Actually, I use Neutrogena makeup wipes for my entire face and eyeshadow. Then, for the mascara, liner and glue on my eye I just use a piece of tissue with the makeup remover on it. I've tried cotton pads and balls before, but it just bugs me for some reason. Those two products I use just cuts through everything.

Rads

friends.gif

I agree with Miss QQ on this..it's not like the older quads. Bird of Paradise that I have is an old baked quad and 2 of the shadows are borderline useless and the shimmer is a little chunky! Generally, most baked quads I have tried/swatched have one fabulous shade that has the best pigmentation and has the softest texture, and in Metamorphose all 4 shadows are like that. By baked quad standards, this is GOOD. If you like the colors and don't do terribly complicated makeup - blending buffing 4-5 shadows to get that perfect smokey eye sorts :p - then get this. Primer and/or paintpot sort of sticky base - then pat pat them on - easy peasy makeup look - these will work just fine.

I rarely use more than one shadow at a time, so this works for me :D :D

Kaidan

The waterproof mascaras are excellent! :D I needed to buy mascara and waited for these to be available--the collection appeared at Macy's yesterday in the morning--and wanted to try these out because of the color choices. It's the first time I buy anything from Chanel, and an expensive mascara, but these are so worth it. Blue Note, Aqua Blue, and In The Limelight are pigmented and the color shows up on the lashes. Zest was a bit sheer, but if you apply it over black mascara it can look quite nice. They dry fast on the lashes and don't clump at all. In The Limelight is probably the most unique mascara I've ever seen no matter what kind of brand. I wish that Aqua Blue were a little more bright instead of muted, but I guess the shimmer makes up for it. Btw, I bought In The Limelight and Aqua Blue. I'll buy Blue Note later on.

The nail polishes are also beautiful, especially Azure. The stylo eyeshadows are pretty good too, but I'm probably going to skip them (maybe, idk.)

sarabeautime

I agree with Miss QQ on this..it's not like the older quads. Bird of Paradise that I have is an old baked quad and 2 of the shadows are borderline useless and the shimmer is a little chunky! Generally, most baked quads I have tried/swatched have one fabulous shade that has the best pigmentation and has the softest texture, and in Metamorphose all 4 shadows are like that. By baked quad standards, this is GOOD. If you like the colors and don't do terribly complicated makeup - blending buffing 4-5 shadows to get that perfect smokey eye sorts :p - then get this. Primer and/or paintpot sort of sticky base - then pat pat them on - easy peasy makeup look - these will work just fine.
I rarely use more than one shadow at a time, so this works for me :D :D
They must have reformulated their eye shadows. I was also very surprised upon application of Fascination and Seduction. They are very soft and pigmented, unlike the old baked quads, from which one need to scrape out some eye shadow ;-)

Haven

friends.gif

I can't decide either. It looks so pretty in the looks/swatches that I have seen, but this color combo is usually either hit or miss on my skin. I wonder if this quad will show up at any of the chanel studios. I would really like to see it in person before buying.

Winthrop44

Yep, they are really pretty colors in swatches and on Rads, but they're colors that tend not to work on me. Sadly I have never met a teal I could wear.

mac_aiken

I broke down and ordered the quad. I don't have anything like it at all. And I just recently picked up: Pink Lagoon e/s Jade Shore e/s True Blue e/l Azure n/p I love every piece I have.

Dominique33

Not available here but even with a B- I would have purchased it I think. It's one of the last collections by Peter Philips, and who can do better than him
ohboy.gif
? No one I fear, this man is a pure genius of elegance.

Haven

I decided to risk it and ended up ordering it as well. If it is absolutely horrible on me, then I will send it back.

elegant-one

Not available here but even with a B- I would have purchased it I think. It's one of the last collections by Peter Philips, and who can do better than him
ohboy.gif
? No one I fear, this man is a pure genius of elegance.
I agree about Peter. Seems like he IS the essence of the Spirit of Chanel.