Charlotte Tilbury Makeup...

cupcake28

I'll probably wait until it's OOO then go on a frantic hunt like I normally do! It would be my most expensive single makeup item ever.
Yeah, this is probably the most I've ever spent on makeup in one single purchase, but I tend to spend when I'm stressed/nervous. Sometimes, when you work hard and you've sacrificed a lot to try to create a better life, you have to treat yourself to remember that you are worth it!

cupcake28

I thought I had put swatches of the darker Bronze and Glow here. Maybe it was in the highlighter thread. I'm starting to rethink the Dreamy Glow highlighter. Great haul @cupcake28 !
Thank you! The B&G looks great on you! Maybe the sculpt shade will look better on me after I put on foundation??? I might just have to mix it with something deeper. It's pretty though. The Dreamy Glow is very pretty, but if you already have CP and Tribulation, you probably don't need it. I just opted for it because I absolutely loved the packaging.

Medgal07

My order finally came! I got it in this nice box. I ordered late Friday night/Saturday morning and it shipped out on Monday. I ordered everything from the Charlotte Tilbury website and when I called to check on my order someone answered the phone and I also did receive an order confirmation and tracking info. The only issues I had were that Miss Kensington fell out when I opened her and she was a little smushed at the top. Also, the tube for Hepburn Honey won't stay closed. 1975 also came a teeny bit smushed at the top. Everyone was right, the packaging is not top notch but it is pretty. I find that the bronze and glow has the best packaging and feels sturdy. Excuse my pics, I just wanted to throw some quick swatches up in case anyone was interested.

pompom.gif
GORGEOUS haul!!! ENJOY!!!

Medgal07

Swatch time!

L to R: Marie Antoinette, Mona Lisa, Cleopatra

Medium Dark Bronze & Glow
Sculpt on the left, highlight on the right

Dreamy Glow Highlighter

L to R: Miss Kensington, Hepburn Honey, 1975 Red (it does look orange on me, but I love all three of these lippies)
eyelove.gif
Beautiful!!!!!! Thanks for taking the time to swatch everything!!! My Film Star B & G arrived today. I'm glad I
ordered the Dreamy Glow highlighter but it hasn't yet arrived from Nordies.

Medgal07

Thank you! The B&G looks great on you! Maybe the sculpt shade will look better on me after I put on foundation??? I might just have to mix it with something deeper. It's pretty though. The Dreamy Glow is very pretty, but if you already have CP and Tribulation, you probably don't need it. I just opted for it because I absolutely loved the packaging.
This one is much darker than the 'Light' FSB&G' which I use to set a darker cream product that I use for contouring.

Medgal07

I agree--------the CT packaging is really top notch, yet not wasteful.

Left: Charlotte Tilbury, Film Star Bronze & Glow, Medium-Dark

Right: Charlotte Tilbury, Film Star Bronze & Glow, Light

cupcake28

You're a beautiful lady! I'm glad you treated yourself!!!!!
friends.gif

I think I saw them in the highlighter thread. Oh I need another highlighter like I need a hole in the head but I caved because of the packaging!!!

This one is much darker than the 'Light' FSB&G' which I use to set a darker cream product that I use for contouring.
Awww, thank you so much Meddy! I do not need any more highlighters, lol. I really like the dark B&G. The colors are so pretty, but I'm going to have to find a way to use the sculpt side.

cupcake28

Super pretty! I can really see the difference! The light one is pretty too!

MrsBaine

Alot of people don't like the packaging, but I've never had an issue with it. The Filmstars are heavy.. but the lippies are light- as are the quads... I guess compared to other luxe brands (Tom Ford, Burberry, Guerlain) CT is a bit cheaper... but I like it.

Shars

th_hug.gif
Even the light B & G shows up on your face much darker than you would imagine it would based on a swatch.

You can't tell from the pic, but the sculpt side of my B & G light has a huge indentation from frequent use.
girlhaha.gif
I was saying the contour side of the light one looks pretty dark.

Medgal07

I was saying the contour side of the light one looks pretty dark.
I think that was just my photo---quite the contrary. It looks light IRL but is dark once applied. When I first got it last year I thought I'd made a huge mistake.
sigh.gif

Shars

Awww
blush-anim-cl.gif
Thank you my twin!!!!

I think that was just my photo---quite the contrary. It looks light IRL but is dark once applied. When I first got it last year I thought I'd made a huge mistake.
sigh.gif
Okay. I'm going to have to wait until I can see the Medium/Dark one in person before I decide to get it (online of course lol).

Medgal07

Update: I wore Charlotte Tilbury, Film Star Bronze & Glow, Medium-Dark yesterday and I love it! The bronzer is very dark and I had to tone it down w/my setting powder.
The illuminator is quite pigmented and I could even use it as a blush, however this time I used it on my facial high planes and paired it with the blush side of the
TF Softcore duo. That was a really lovely combo. I'm really glad I purchased this product.

Latest posts