Coastal Scents Discussion - palettes, pigments, micas, etc.

TDoll

Re: 88 Ultra Shimmer Eyeshadow Palette

I loooove the Ultra Shimmer and the Original one. I was very skeptical at first, but they are of really fabulous quality. The original one that has the matte and satin formulas is my favorite though.
I used the USPS priority mail both times I ordered and did not get insurance. Both arrived very quickly and in perfect condition! I believe shipping was around $5 or $6.

ApplePeace

was it the FDX shipping looks like its the cheapst one and still its 10bucks.

nursee81

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDoll
I loooove the Ultra Shimmer and the Original one. I was very skeptical at first, but they are of really fabulous quality. The original one that has the matte and satin formulas is my favorite though.
I used the USPS priority mail both times I ordered and did not get insurance. Both arrived very quickly and in perfect condition! I believe shipping was around $5 or $6.

which would you recommend to get?

aimerbijoux

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDoll

Agreed! I loveee it, its absolutely amazing on top of a base and it reminds me of MAC shadows. I also used USPS priority mail and it shipped very quickly, about 3 days.

amyzon

I got the original and it ROOOOOOOOCKS. I would start w/ the original b/c it has some mattes and some shimmers. If you have all shimmers your eyes will look a little too sparkly. They are fantastic. Incredibly pigmented and a great texture. You will be very pleased.
smiles.gif

This sounds great but i would like to know as well. can someone guide me to knowing what the 88 Ultra shimmer eyeshadow palette is and where can I get it..lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3773519
This sounds great but i would like to know as well. can someone guide me to knowing what the 88 Ultra shimmer eyeshadow palette is and where can I get it..lol.

You can get it at coastalscents.com
smiles.gif

mizuki~

Does anybody have both the 88 palettes AND the 120 palette? I have the 120 and I'm not sure if I want to get both of the 88 palettes..(but I probably will end up getting them....)

Lamzy

You can also get them from eBay, just type in "88 palette". I haven't tried them yet but I have heard really good reviews from youtubers.

LilyD0m

Coastal Scents Glazes

Hey guys! Yesterday i was buying my 88 palette on coastal scents and some brushes, and i didn't notice 'till today that they also sells Lip Glazes...i was looking at the colors and they're really pretty. So my question is: has anyone of u tried them before?? are they nice? not? And if u haven't, well, which lip glazzes do u recomend?

Kisses!
cutey.gif

ashleyisawesome

Coastal Scents. I need advice!

Okay, so I was just introduced to Coastal Scents and I already have a million things I want to buy, but for now:

88 Piece Eyeshadow Palette
28 Piece Neutral Eyeshadow Palette
10 Piece Professional Blush Palette

Do any of you own these? What do I need more? I'll probably eventually get all three, but it probably isn't the best to do it all at once considering I have no job and I've already spent 60$ this month on MAC (and that probably won't be all I'll spend) lol.

I've read a lot on the 88 piece, but not so much on the neutral palette and the blushes. Reviews on these would be appreciated.
smiles.gif
Also, Would you recommend the regular 88 palette or the shimmer palette. I'm torn. lol.

Anddd, what's the best primer to go with these eyeshadows?

Thanks so much you guys, in advance.
smiles.gif

chirufus

Re: Coastal Scents. I need advice!

I have the 88 piece eyeshadow pallet and I'm happy with it. I use it not that often. But if you just starting it's a good choice. There are shimmery and mat es on the pallet. I mostly use it is I want to try a color that I don't have from MAC.

I use mac prep+prime es base in the color medium

ashleyisawesome

I actually wanted the 88 palette to just sort of play with colors, and have all of those colors available, then I'd eventually try to match the colors I like most with actual MAC shadows. I kind of wanted to start sort of a kit, which is why I really want the neutral and blush palettes. I've never had a neutral palette before, so it'd be fun to have those colors available and also, to have the blushes since there's pretty much a blush for everyone in that palette. Decisions!

ExquizitDiva

I have all 3... start with the 88 palette, then get the blush, then the neutral.

user79

If you want an inexpensive blush palette, I'd get the one from Ben Nye or La Femme anyday over the generic ones from Coastal Scents.

vocaltest

I only have the neutral palette. I keep meaning to get the 88 palette & now the contouring & blush palette are on my wishlist! I love my neutral palette, but some colours really don't show up, well on me anyway. I always use UDPP & Painterly paint pot underneath them.

ashleyisawesome

Thanks you guys. Now I'm torn. I just was introduced to La Femme, and now I see that they have the create your own palette thing on makeupmania.com. Have you guys done this? Now if I decide to do this, I'll need to figure out which colors I'll want. Man... lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocaltest
I only have the neutral palette. I keep meaning to get the 88 palette & now the contouring & blush palette are on my wishlist! I love my neutral palette, but some colours really don't show up, well on me anyway. I always use UDPP & Painterly paint pot underneath them.

Were there a lot that didn't show up or just a few? It looks like we may have a similar skin tone. I'm NW 20.

myystiqueen

okay... so you're SOOOO like me.... lol

i have been eye-ing CS palette (and i mean... all of the palettes) and been checking their site every once in a while in case they have sale going on...

but i still can't make up myy mind which i should get first.... either 88, neutral, blush or contour...

i'm not so much of an eyeshadow-girl... i tend to go for neutral look.... but well uhm.... do i really need TWENTY-EIGHT neutral colors?? i mean... instead of going the neutral palette,, why don't i just go with the 88 which also has some neutral colors.... but still... i can't decide which i should get.....

i'll have to decide soon about which i should get cause i promise myyself to hit 'checkout' in less than 3 hours... lol...

sorry can't be much of a help... because basically we're on the same boat.. ^^