Coastal Scents Discussion - palettes, pigments, micas, etc.

ashleyisawesome

Re: Coastal Scents. I need advice!

^LMAO! My cart has been full of stuff since about 8pm, ready to checkout, but I keep going back and adding/deleting stuff. lol. I'm getting a few brushes too. I've basically been watching youtube video after youtube video for reviews. I think I'm going to start with the 88 palette (normal) and then get neutral later. I wanted some neutral colors to do friend's makeup and everyday looks. I really am trying to convince myself into getting both palettes. Ahhh. What to do?! lol

myystiqueen

^^ hahaha

same here..... i think i'm going to go with the neutral though... i'm also getting the gel liners and some brushes as well.... ^^ wish they'll all arrive safely... i'm checking out in a few minutes.... GOOD LUCK....! lol

mizzTruLe

hey ashleyisawesome, i saw that you were looking into getting the la femme blush palette..let me tell you, YOU HAVE TO GET IT!! I have it and i love it so much! I dont have the coastal scents ones but ive heard that some of the colors arent that great you'd prob like 2 or 3 out of that palette. But the la femme one, i like 12 out of the 12 blushes in the palette. You can buy them from camera ready cosmetic's website. they're like 40 bucks i believe. hope that helps

banjobama

I have the CS 88 palette and the 88 shimmer palette and I love them both. They are good for weird colors that you kind of randomly need like yellow or blue (those are colors I'd personally never buy). On the website it looks like a lot of the colors in the neutral palette look the same and when you get the 88 palette a lot of it IS neutral anyway.

ashleyisawesome

Thanks to all of you! Okay, I guess for now I'm going to order the 88 normal palette and some brushes. Maybe I'll buy the shimmer later.
smiles.gif
And if you guys have any more advice on the La Femme blush palettes, pleassee let me know. Also, color recommendations? I'm NW20, but I'm wanting to be able to have a variety to use on others, so what are the prettiest, most usable colors?

user79

There's a pre-selected 12 palette from Le Femme...I've seen it on Youtube as well. I think you can buy from makeupmania.com or adiscountbeauty.com

thedrinkgirl

Here's my 2 cents - the CS 88 palettes are great - I've got both and sell them to the girls at work. I've also got the neutral one and have sold lots of those too to the girls that are afraid of all the colors. The brushes are incredible and yes, I have the contour set as well as the blush set and I'm not too into the countour one but the blushes are good for the price. I would recommend the angled taklon brush and try their gel liners. They are incredible (Thanks TDOLL) and super affordable. Hope this helps and enjoy your palettes!!!!!

ashleyisawesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedrinkgirl
Here's my 2 cents - the CS 88 palettes are great - I've got both and sell them to the girls at work. I've also got the neutral one and have sold lots of those too to the girls that are afraid of all the colors. The brushes are incredible and yes, I have the contour set as well as the blush set and I'm not too into the countour one but the blushes are good for the price. I would recommend the angled taklon brush and try their gel liners. They are incredible (Thanks TDOLL) and super affordable. Hope this helps and enjoy your palettes!!!!!

Yeah, I'm getting that brush, and I have my eyes set on the gel liners. I want so much. It's so great to find affordable makeup that's actually decent quality. These are the brushes I'm getting:

Italian Badger Round Crease Brush
Black on Black Taklon Angle Liner
Pink Oval Synthetic Concealer Brush
Italian Badger Chisel Powder Brush
Flat Mineral Bronzer Buffer Large

I've read reviews on these, and I can get past any animal smell or whatever they may have as long as they work well. lol.

myystiqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyisawesome
Yeah, I'm getting that brush, and I have my eyes set on the gel liners. I want so much. It's so great to find affordable makeup that's actually decent quality. These are the brushes I'm getting:

I've read reviews on these, and I can get past any animal smell or whatever they may have as long as they work well. lol.

oh wow.... i also got the round crease and b/b taklon angled too.... lol

btw... myy last order just came yesterday and i'm so happy i got the Pink Deluxe Oval Fluff Shadow Brush... it's the same as the Black Deluxe Shadow (not sure about the name).... so incredibly dense, soft... packs lots of color... it's so big though.. so i'm using it for either highlighting or applying wash color... ^^

their pink stippling brush is FARRRR from being comparable to MAC #187... too flimsy... but i must say, it's even softer than 187.. it's just,, not so good for liquid foundation..

ashleyisawesome

I just ordered mine last night.
smiles.gif
This is all that I got:

88 Piece Makeup Palette
3 Sifter Jars 10 gram with Sifter Seals
Sage Blue Mica Powder Sample
Bordeaux Glitter Mica Powder Sample
Cactus Sun Sample

myystiqueen

Quote:
I just ordered mine last night.
smiles.gif
This is all that I got:

88 Piece Makeup Palette
3 Sifter Jars 10 gram with Sifter Seals
Sage Blue Mica Powder Sample
Bordeaux Glitter Mica Powder Sample
Cactus Sun Sample

cool...... tell us what you think about 'em soon... ^^

amyzon

Just be careful... Coastal Scents is SOOO addictive. I love my palette (I have the original, not the shimmer), and two gel liners, zip-up brush case, sifter jars for pigments, the empty MAC-sized e/s palettes and MANY brushes. The brushes are absolutely amazing. My favorite is the taklon crease brush... It's just... it's amazing. And the synthetic buffer brush is AMAZING for mineral foundation... And my italian badger blush brush... Man I could go on for days! LOL And you better believe I have 50 bucks worth of stuff in my account's wishlist as we speak
winks.gif

You will NOT be disappointed. As some others said, it's great for those unusual, inbetween colors that you don't own. The color payoff is great. I would suggest you use a thin layer of base underneath - I usually but a light dusting of brule or Naked Pigment on before applying the shadows.

vocaltest

Quote:

Were there a lot that didn't show up or just a few? It looks like we may have a similar skin tone. I'm NW 20.

Just a few! They're buildable though. I'm nw15/20, more on the 15 side!

spacegirl2007

my only complaint about the neutral pallette is that the packaging is crap. other than that i love it.

statusmode

I really like the 88 shimmer palette, and the italian badger brushes are amazing quality!! =]

myystiqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyzon
Just be careful... Coastal Scents is SOOO addictive. I love my palette (I have the original, not the shimmer), and two gel liners, zip-up brush case, sifter jars for pigments, the empty MAC-sized e/s palettes and MANY brushes. The brushes are absolutely amazing. My favorite is the taklon crease brush... It's just... it's amazing. And the synthetic buffer brush is AMAZING for mineral foundation... And my italian badger blush brush... Man I could go on for days! LOL And you better believe I have 50 bucks worth of stuff in my account's wishlist as we speak
winks.gif

You will NOT be disappointed. As some others said, it's great for those unusual, inbetween colors that you don't own. The color payoff is great. I would suggest you use a thin layer of base underneath - I usually but a light dusting of brule or Naked Pigment on before applying the shadows.

hmm.. which synthetic buffer brush do you have??? is it the italian one?? how is it compared to other flat top brush, say EDM??

Quote:
Originally Posted by statusmode
I really like the 88 shimmer palette, and the italian badger brushes are amazing quality!! =]

are the italian badger powder and blush brush good?? i mean... do they shed or something??

and Briyani.... i loveee your vids... ^^

Stephy171

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
If you want an inexpensive blush palette, I'd get the one from Ben Nye or La Femme anyday over the generic ones from Coastal Scents.

where can i get the ben nye blush pallete i saw it once and once i had the money for it i couldnt find it!!

AmandDUR

the only thing i dont have is the neutral palette (not a neturals gal). the 88 palette is great. i prefer the orginal over the shimmer.

the blush palette is AMAZING. its a crazy good deal and the colors are SO much prettier than they are online. im going to be getting another one of these for me, and one for my mom as a gift.

i_love_mac

I have brushes from coastal scents and I have the 88 shimmer palette and the 10 blush palette and I think its a great quality for the prices you pay. If you are a newbie at makeup and dont want to dish out hella money for mac start with coastal scents. I have the gel liner in black and its ok, I have oily lids and it creases! I like mac fluidline better. the synthetic mini brush set is awesome so soft! I have the stippling brush its ok doesnt work that well.

gitts

Coastal Scents 88 palette

Hi Guys

I am thinking of buying this palette. Have any of you purchased this? Are do you have any idea how these would show up on WOCs?

Thanks

** Please move to the Beauty of Color**