Colorful acrylics I've gotten!

hr44

Update 8/24/08
Sooo I love these! Mainly because polish doesn't do anything for me and when I'm in chem labs I'm always dipping my hands into acetone and other liquids that will take off polish in seconds. SSOOOO I got hooked on colored acrylics because they don't chip off and I get a gel topcoat put on top and man these nails stay shiny and firm FOREVER!

So I just wanted to share some of the designs I've gotten in no particular order. Some I like and some I don't but that's the whole point of experimenting!

Chutsengagement164.jpg

babynoor007.jpg

IMG_0936.jpg

IMG_2368.jpg

IMG_3149.jpg

IMG_3225.jpg

IMG_4461.jpg

IMG_4695.jpg

IMG_5359.jpg

IMG_6053.jpg

IMG_7314.jpg

IMG_7789.jpg

IMG_8105.jpg

IMG_9505.jpg

UPDATE SUMMER 08'
This was last month (my dad's suggestion so I went with it to make him happy. He was watching Tennis)
IMG_4352.jpg

These I got done yesterday (8/23/08)
IMG_4690.jpg

kaexbabey

so pretty! i miss getting those in california! no one has the glitter powders in NY! well this part at least -_-

hr44

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaexbabey
so pretty! i miss getting those in california! no one has the glitter powders in NY! well this part at least -_-

Oh no! These can get addicting. You know when I went to NY last year majority of my cousins and friends hadn't seen it either. Perhaps it will slowly reach there.

kaexbabey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hr44
Oh no! These can get addicting. You know when I went to NY last year majority of my cousins and friends hadn't seen it either. Perhaps it will slowly reach there.

yeah i hope soo. i think because most nail trends are from japan and it gets to california and the west coast first because it's closer. idk. i really like the purple, pink, and silver striped one! kinda reminds me of heatherette trio 2 lol

MAChostage

Your nails are really nice, love those! I get gel overlay on my own long, natural nails and have been doing the glitter powder French tips thing for a couple of years now. People are always fascinated when they see them! My nail tech is from Belgium and she says that they've been doing nails like this in Europe forever now, although I frequently hear that they're popular in Cali, as well. I'm really fortunate in that she regularly goes to nail shows and brings back new products. I personally prefer the fine-milled glitters.

Have you ever worn just gel, versus acrylic with a gel overlay?

hr44

Quote:
yeah i hope soo. i think because most nail trends are from japan and it gets to california and the west coast first because it's closer. idk. i really like the purple, pink, and silver striped one! kinda reminds me of heatherette trio 2 lol

Yea trends are funky like that. First one coast gets it then the other coast gets it. Oddness.
That striped look was done for my 24th b-day because my lady insisted on trying something new on me and I pretty much let her have her way with my nails!

hr44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAChostage
Your nails are really nice, love those! I get gel overlay on my own long, natural nails and have been doing the glitter powder French tips thing for a couple of years now. People are always fascinated when they see them! My nail tech is from Belgium and she says that they've been doing nails like this in Europe forever now, although I frequently hear that they're popular in Cali, as well. I'm really fortunate in that she regularly goes to nail shows and brings back new products. I personally prefer the fine-milled glitters.

Have you ever worn just gel, versus acrylic with a gel overlay?

I have done just gel and I wasn't the biggest fan. They broke on me and I couldn't tell you whether it was the way the woman had done it or the gel itself but I was immediately turned off by it, the goo-ish application made me feel eewww (I'm weird). Plus the acrylic with gel overlay have been good to me since I've been getting my nails done this way which is since '05.

Yea this trend is FINALLY well known. When I was first getting them done, people were like WHAT!?!? that's fun. Now I see them more consistently. My nail place is more prone now to insist on colored acrylics.

I love going because now when I'm there they will show me the new designs and colors. Shoot they don't even care when I see they're busy and I go in back to see the samples! Hee hee.

I don't do fake tips either. I let mine grow before they put the stuff on. I get real bothered by it for some reason. An oddity of mine.

xsnowwhite

I loove the first pic of the pink nails! I want to try that! I don't think my salon has colored tips though.
ssad.gif

NicksWifey

WOW! These are all awesome! I love the black tips and glitter! Great nails girl!
When you got the black tips with glitter (3rd pic), what did you ask for from your nail tech? I've always wanted this look but can never achieve it. I like gel nails more, but seeing these acrylics make me want to switch back!

OohJeannie

Quote:

In jersey they have them...Perth Amboy (Amboy Nails)

hr44

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksWifey
WOW! These are all awesome! I love the black tips and glitter! Great nails girl!
When you got the black tips with glitter (3rd pic), what did you ask for from your nail tech? I've always wanted this look but can never achieve it. I like gel nails more, but seeing these acrylics make me want to switch back!

Aww thanks those are my current set!

They call it a two-tone fill. I picked out the black acrylic powder and the glitter powder and asked for the two tone look. So they put on the black layer first and then the glitter below.

So it's just two colored acrylic powders. One on top of the other. Take a sample pic though so they can see exactly what you want! =)

hr44

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsnowwhite
I loove the first pic of the pink nails! I want to try that! I don't think my salon has colored tips though.
ssad.gif

Ask them if they have colored acrylics. Usually if more customers ask for this product they might consider getting it.

All of my nails are colored acrylic powders on my real nails. No tips added. So ask them if they carry it! Hopefully they do!

Brittni

I love the first one along with the purple,pink,white one. So neat. you obviously like glitter like me.
greengrin.gif

fyi you should totally have them use MAC's 3D glitter if you have it, that's what I wanna dooo

hr44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittni
I love the first one along with the purple,pink,white one. So neat. you obviously like glitter like me.
greengrin.gif

fyi you should totally have them use MAC's 3D glitter if you have it, that's what I wanna dooo

OMG that is a GREAT idea!!!... too bad I don't have it. But I have a friend who does... hhmm I shall give it a shot!

And yea I'm a super duper glitter-holic. Hmm the sparkles.. LOOOVVEE THEM!