Colorful acrylics I've gotten!

Brittni

Quote:
Originally Posted by hr44
OMG that is a GREAT idea!!!... too bad I don't have it. But I have a friend who does... hhmm I shall give it a shot!

And yea I'm a super duper glitter-holic. Hmm the sparkles.. LOOOVVEE THEM!

You *have* to post pics once you do that! I know it will look just stellar.

LOVE sparkles probably more than you! If I ever get acrylics done (my nails are naturally long) I'm soo printing off some pics. The first pink and how it fades is just awesome!

Reflects Teal or Pink would like awesome too. Eeeee!!! B/c it's still natural but with teal or pink reflecting glitter.
drools.gif
The possibilities!

aziajs

Quote:
IMG_0936.jpg

IMG_3225.jpg

I love these two!!! I really love the black. I wish I could figure out how to do that.

MiCHiE

LOVE LOVE LOVE these! I did this design back in Feb. '04.
ValentinesNail.jpg

Sadly, I don't have any pics on this laptop. I lost my pics in Katrina.

hr44

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
I love these two!!! I really love the black. I wish I could figure out how to do that.

Aww thank you!

Oh and post number 16 gives the details of how I got the black set done. =) Hope it helps.

hr44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
LOVE LOVE LOVE these! I did this design back in Feb. '04.

Sadly, I don't have any pics on this laptop. I lost my pics in Katrina.

I love the hearts in there!!! SOOOO cute!

aziajs

Quote:
Aww thank you!

Oh and post number 16 gives the details of how I got the black set done. =) Hope it helps.

The thing I love about it is that the glitter looks like it's falling down the nail. That is soooo cool!

hr44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegreen
I'm going to get me nails redone later today so may have to copy of of your designs.

OOhh take a pic, I would love to see!

My nails are currently off (boo) till August because I have an exam coming up and can't spend time getting them done. I can't wait to get them redone.

MissDeViousDiVa

They're all really beautiful, I LOVE nails and looking at pretty pics of them, I think I might like it more than makeup!

Where in Cali are you from? I'm fascinated by the fact that they put the powder over your own nails. I grow mine out and never get them done cause I always thought you had to get tips.

hr44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDeViousDiVa
They're all really beautiful, I LOVE nails and looking at pretty pics of them, I think I might like it more than makeup!

Where in Cali are you from? I'm fascinated by the fact that they put the powder over your own nails. I grow mine out and never get them done cause I always thought you had to get tips.

I live near Sac and always get mine to grow out a bit before I get them done that way they don't have to attach tips. It's just a personal bother for me. But wherever you go should do that if your nails are already the length you want them to be in the end result.

Currently I took off my set and have no nails so I'm going to wait a good month to month and a half to get them done so I have a natural length that doesn't require tips.

My mom's nail have been her own since day one. She always gets fills on her real nails and she keeps them small. So length isn't an issue. Tips are generally added to those who want them longer than their natural length.

MissDeViousDiVa

Quote:
I live near Sac and always get mine to grow out a bit before I get them done that way they don't have to attach tips. It's just a personal bother for me. But wherever you go should do that if your nails are already the length you want them to be in the end result.

Currently I took off my set and have no nails so I'm going to wait a good month to month and a half to get them done so I have a natural length that doesn't require tips.

My mom's nail have been her own since day one. She always gets fills on her real nails and she keeps them small. So length isn't an issue. Tips are generally added to those who want them longer than their natural length.

Ah too bad, I'm looking for a nail place to go to in the OC, that's quite far from Sac. Now that I know this, I'd like to find a new place to go to and get them done. My nails are the length I like but I can never get the shape exactly right and I love the colors and things you can get done, especially with glitter.

hr44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDeViousDiVa
Ah too bad, I'm looking for a nail place to go to in the OC, that's quite far from Sac. Now that I know this, I'd like to find a new place to go to and get them done. My nails are the length I like but I can never get the shape exactly right and I love the colors and things you can get done, especially with glitter.

Even if you live in OC the places should do it. I lived in San Diego for a couple years and they did it there as well. I'm sure some places in So-Cal do it.
Just gotta find that right place! =) I hope you do.

Yea I know about the shape issue. Most of the time I tell them to round the edges for a round-square look. I like slightly softer edges but not a complete round look. It's hard to figure out the right shape for yourself. Blah.

clslvr6spd

It took me years to find a good nail tech. I found one right where I live in Rocklin, I have been going to her for 3+ years now. I always get complemented on my nails. She has every color glitter powder you want! I usually change it up every month.

Here is a picture. I just went Mystic Tanning and my nails need a fill, so I apologize!

hr44

Quote:
Originally Posted by clslvr6spd
It took me years to find a good nail tech. I found one right where I live in Rocklin, I have been going to her for 3+ years now. I always get complemented on my nails. She has every color glitter powder you want! I usually change it up every month.

Here is a picture. I just went Mystic Tanning and my nails need a fill, so I apologize!

Love the orange!!!!
Yea I know what you mean, during High School I had the perfect nail tech who worked off of Douglas. She left... and I went nail-less for a couple years after that. I wasn't happy with other places.

Then finally right by home new place opened up a few years back and I fell in love. It has been the only place where I'm happy with more than one nail-tech but I now only go to one who loves creating new designs on my nails.

littleinkpot

I love coloured tips! I do them on my natural nails all the time. I used to have acrylics back in the early 2000's but I use a computer for work so it makes it way too hard for me to type (and hurt my nail beds too). Wish I knew about coloured tips then. The pink tips in the first pic are my faves, they look so pretty!

dollbaby

I love you nails hun! They are super gorgeous!
thmbup.gif
Unfortch, Jersey is really slow ... especially my town... and I've never seen glitter powder until now! I just have the regular permanent french that I've been doing for years now.. I love the glitter..its such a great touch! I wish they would do that here!
ssad.gif

hr44

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollbaby
I love you nails hun! They are super gorgeous!
thmbup.gif
Unfortch, Jersey is really slow ... especially my town... and I've never seen glitter powder until now! I just have the regular permanent french that I've been doing for years now.. I love the glitter..its such a great touch! I wish they would do that here!
ssad.gif

Awww yea I know about towns in Jersey, I used to live in a small one in Jerz myself when I was a lil kid. Hey maybe if you bring it up they might slowly bring it in. Word of mouth is how it always starts! =)