Customer Service in London MAC stores

Princesa Livia

I've only been to the Westfield one once and the MAs were pretty okay. Two of them approached me like within 10mins of each other after I dismissed the first one coz I was still looking around. When I found the blush I wanted to try, I went up to one to borrow a brush and she offered to put it on me herself. The MA at the counter was really friendly too. She was smiling and was making a joke I remember, but I forgot what exactly it was she said.

I agree the Selfridges MAs are generally horrible, especially the male sex ones
ssad.gif
(I couldn't call them guys.. lol). Even when they're not so busy they just seem to always have one eyebrow raised, and answer yes or no to a question. When I asked for a back2mac from one of them, the MA seemed really pissed off too for some reason :s Lighting is bad at Selfridges too... However, thats one of the most accessible MAC stores in London IMO. Not too difficult to get to Oxford Street. I guess its only good when you know what you want to get and don't have to ask MAs for help.

The one at High Street Kensington's not bad. Lighting's better than the two I previously mentioned. I've been going to that one most this past year of my MAC-addiction. When I first started, MAs weren't really very nice. I suppose like what one of the previous posters said, they probably thought I was too young to be spending much on makeup, especially MAC. But now, the MAs sorta know my face atleast (coz I keep on visiting) so they help me out.

HOWEVER, my favourit-est MAC store now in terms of MA customer service is the one in HARRODs!! They are extreemely friendly! They seem to sincerely want to help. I've been there only bout 3-5x probably, but I've always been a happy bunny leaving the store. MAs were really nice. As to be expected of Harrods customer service too. I <3 the MAC at Harrods.
cutey.gif

abbey_08

really! 1st started getting mac i was in harrods on a day trip with my mum n asked for mascara x and she pretended it didnt exsist and told me to ask customer services like i was stupid

trollydolly

Just thought i'd update this thread. I came across the mac store in Neal St today when I went to see the Lion King. The store was lovely and the staff I saw were very helpful.

MadMunky

I went to the Soho store today - I actually didn't know it was a pro-store (shows how much I know!)..it was quite busy (must've been coming up to half 4 in the afternoon) and I just pottered around for a bit trying a few things, but the MAs were all busy and didn't look like they'd be finishing any time soon so I played for a while and then left - i did get a smile off one of them though so that was a little something!

I then wandered over to the Covent Garden store and that was just as packed, if not more! My friend managed to get a MA to help her, but it was too busy for me so I left with nothing *joins the timid club*
greengrin.gif

I haven't been to the counter in Harvey Nicks (Knightsbridge) for a while now, but I recall getting good service there. They were a little squashed in to one side, but very helpful and patient.

I've been to a number of MAC stores in Canada over the years and have to say that the level of service I've had has been really good - there was one male MA in Toronto who even posed for pictures with me (long story..lol).

I think I'll steer clear of Selfridges...*scared*
winks.gif

DirtyPlum

^^ You really should ask for help... if you dont catch a MA walking past, if you stand by the till, you should get served. When the store is busy, MAs will not always know who has been served by their colleagues and who is waiting etc. Us MAs want your sales, otherwise we wouldnt keep our jobs!

All counters/stores you have mentioned in your post are the busiest ones in London, maybe try Hi St Ken or the Kings Road store - theyre not as busy.

Lovely Gia

I know its not in London, but my local MAC counter - HOF Plymouth is brilliant. The MA's all know you by name and make you feel very welcome. Nothing is ever too much for them, i would gladly go and work with them...if i could

Poison_Girl

Went to the MAC in Westfield London, was thinking it would be probably quieter than Selfridges! First of all, I was kept out of the store by a security guard, seem they limit the numbers of people in the shop which is probably a good idea except when I eventually got in the shop, I asked three MAs for help choosing a lipstick, they all said they would be right back and then went off to serve other people. Will be checking out the pro store and neal street store after reading some more positive reviews of them on here
greengrin.gif

Indianprincess

Hi all! This is my 1st post on here so bare with me.
Im a huge MAC fan and have been doing asian bridal work for a few years now and have visited most MACs in London as thats were I live. The store I tend to visit most is Westfields, cause its close to home and very quiet in the evenings. I have always found the service in there fab. The girls know who I am and always help me and spend alot of time giving me assistance. As for the Selfridges counter, I tend to only ask 1 person who works there. Not sure if I can put her name here but shes excellent and always helpful. Its ALWAYS busy there, Ive been visiting the Selfridges counter for over 7 years and have never seen it quiet in there!! No one is ever wondering around doing nothing, they always seem busy to me. Brent Cross Fenwicks is another good store but can get busy esp weekday evenings but again they are helpful. Im off to the Pro store this week as I want to see the items instead of buying over the phone etc. Lets hope its good in there too. xx

molotov

I also dislike shopping at MAC at Selfridges, London.
The last two times I have been, I have had to wait 40 mins and 35 mins in a queue to be served. The store is severely understaffed, however they are not hiring.
When I finally did get the chance to talk to a MA, she was so busy and she even told me to hurry up. Standing up being shoved by other customers, whilst I am trying on makeup is not a very nice feeling. Plus, I noticed that both times, the MA just recommended I buy everything that I tried on, whether they did suit me or not. I prefer an MA to be honest about what looks good on me, rather than just worrying about the sales of products.

Another issue that bothered me was that two of the MA's in Selfridges seemed unaware of the products. When I asked for Saint Germain lipstick, they didn't know which it was. When I asked for 'margin' blush, again she did not know which is was and I had to point it out to her.

However, I must admit I LOVE the MAC store on High Streen Kensington, or in Brent Cross Shopping Centre. The MA's there are fabulous, and very friendly. Harrods have excellent service too.

LisaOrestea

The staff in selfridges are SO rude.
The woman who served me the only time I was in there got really annoyed when I asked to try something (it was a mineral eyeshadow and paintpot combination...and I wanted to check if they worked together. I think that If I am spending around £30 then I deserve to know that it is right for me.)

She applyed the eyeshadow really really badly and then just said "so are you gonna buy it or what?"

I decided to wait til I got to another store. I don't like giving money to rude people.

The staff in Guildford HoF (my local) are really rude too (bar one lady who is barely ever there.) So I always try to wait until I go visit my parents in Tunbridge Wells to spend money in MAC.

RussianRedDani

My experiences are as follows.....

Harrods - Absolutely appalling. I was not just ignored because they were busy, oh no no, they were having a good old chat and just plain ignored me. When I asked for help I finally got a "What are you after?" and when I said e/s they POINTED at the e/s.
(Note: I'd like to point out that (in a non snobby way whatsoever) I've been going to Harrods since I was a baby. It's sort of like my Breakfast At Tiffany's and when I go low I get there but the Mac counter really upset me as it's the only time I've had such shitty customer service there)

Stormed out and walked down the road to...

Harvey Nicks - Best experience ever. MA was SUPER helpful and talked through things that I still remember to this day (And I have a brain like a sieve), gave me a nice bit of discount for some reason and whacked in an extra lipstick for free!

Covent Garden- Always a bit hectic but in general friendly... used to be outside my work. SO dangeorous. Never had any exceptional customer service in here but that's probably because I've been here more browsing than buying.

Soho- Really good, one slightly snobby girl but when I started picking the colours I liked she had the same colour taste and rushed off and found masses of complimenting things and told me what would work with what, asked me about what I had already etc. Spent a fair wedge in here
smiles.gif

Selfridges - Again, this was a walk-in... hover.... wait.... pick up the bare basics and walk out again.

However the worst one I ever had was abroad in Thailand. Emporium shopping centre was TOO helpful, lovely guy (it was a Tom aka ladyboy as well) and they were showing me this lovely pallette. Sat me down and started plastering it on me (against my will I must add). When it came to look in the mirror I looked like someone had bleached my skin and then headbutted me. Blughhh! He kept saying SOOO pretty, soo pretty. Bless. I bought a nailpolish to keep him happy hehe

RussianRedDani

What are people's experience of the Kings Road shop?

I have a lesson booked here on Saturday and I'm getting the impression that it's quite quiet... however... it's a busy place the Kings Road...

Pink_Puddleduck

The girls at Brent Cross Fenwicks are lovely, i booked a half hour foucs appointment, over An hour later and I had a full face of perfect make up with lots of tips and things I hadn't tried before and this was on a Saturday too
smiles.gif

LisaOrestea

I went to the soho store the otehr day for the first time.

Amazing service. Wasn't pounced on, but someone did come over and check I was ok, and found me exactly what I was looking for.

Its really not that hard to impress me with customer service...however most MAC muas are rubbish.

zoelouise

I live closest to Westfield MAC counter so I tend to visit there quite a lot. Up until about 3 weeks ago I had absolutely dreadful customer service. One time I bought a MSF and the SA asked me "ok, but first do you know how to use it?" to which I replied "yes, I have several and feel quite confident using it" and instead of either responding positively or telling me something cool to enhance how I already use it, she proceeded to patronizingly tell me how to wear it and by doing so she made me feel so small.
And then on a seperate occasion I was ignored for a long time even though I was clearly after some help and when I asked I was told there weren't any of what i was after and she didn't even check in the drawer or anything. Useless. I visited again recently (because I was desperate for a Greasepaint stick before my holiday and rushed for time) and I was firstly overwhelmed by how busy the store was (it was around 7pm) so i took the time to browse the new collections (which was fine) before deciding to ask the lady at the till for some help. She was polite and friendly and didn't mind that i had bothered her at the till and when i asked for the greasepaint stick she was like "oh no, they're all sold out!" and then instead of telling me to leave she bent over backwards to look everywhere just incase there was one for me. In the end there was, and she made every best effort to make me feel welcome, not at all a bother and as soon as she knew that i knew what i wanted and i was familar with MAC she treated me like a friend, casually chatting yet still polite and professional. She had bright pink hair, i'd recommend her 100% if you were visiting.

Other than that I visit the Carnaby St pro store regularly. They have never once disappointed me, even on a busy Saturday in which i ended up picking out the stuff myself from the shelves - but at the till she was very apologetic and still polite, (they were absolutely packed though, so fair enough!)

Cerydwen

I've been to the store at Westfield a few times and have yet to receive anything resembling good service
ssad.gif
The staff ignore me when I am obviously trying to catch my eye, the testers are glued shut and the staff have poor product knowledge - when I asked for a CB-96 lipstick I was informed that this was the code, not the name of the lipstick - the girl rummaged through a drawer for a while (I'm not sure what she was looking for, as she thought CB-96 was the code!) and then told me it was out of stock.

The staff at Brent Cross are far more pleasant - even when it's busy they do their best to help and have a friendly manner.

The staff at Selfridges were also helpful - I went in just before the dazzleglass cremesheens were released, on a busy Saturday afternoon, and asked to test Amorous, which wasn't yet on display. The MUA found it, took the time to test it on me and then gave me a code to put through the till, as they weren't really supposed to be selling it yet
smiles.gif

I want to try the stand at Harrods next, if I can find it!