Death

chocolategoddes

Do your fear it?
Do you look forward to it?
Is it a punishment?
Is there an afterlife or is death really the end?
What do you think dying would be like? etc...

I'm basically asking what your personal thoughts on death are.

I used to fear death but the way I see it is, if everyone's doing it... it can't be that bad.
I'm a lot more fearful of the deaths of my family and friends than my own death.

CantAffordMAC

The only thing I have to say is yes I do fear death. I think about it all the time. I think I will die very young and unexpectedly. I know it sounds horrible but I cant imagine living to an old age.

It scares me that no one really close to me has passed. Sometimes I think itll happen soon since it hasnt happened yet. I dont know how I would cope with the death of a loved one, since I cry when people that I dont even know die. I sometimes think I wouldnt be able to go on. If someone close to me passed, Id be even more consumed with the thought of death.

I think about it a lot. I was gonna post something on it actually. It terrifies me.

panther27

I am more scared of people I love dying,because it is one of the most horrible things you can go thru.My dad died a few years ago,which was undescribable.All of my grandparents are gone,and my favorite aunt just passed away last weekend
ssad.gif
It's just that you never know when someone can die.And as for me,I definately believe in Heaven and hell.

TISH1124

I do not fear death due to my religious teachings.... Yes I think there is a afterlife in Heaven. I sin just like everyone else but I do ask God for forgiveness when I do and I do have faith that God is a forgiving God. I do not fear it and I believe that there is a better place...Just based on whats in my heart and my faith ...belief and trust in the unknown and unseen .... But I have been taught and brought up this this way all my life so I know no other way of thinking....I believe in God, so I fear not.

Although I do fear dying in the aspect of leaving my son and dh behind....and I fear my parents dying not because I don't think they are going to a better place...But because I can't imagine daily life without any of the people I love so dearly....

M.A.C. head.

I used to fear it, like a lot, but now I don't. There's no point in fearing the inevitable, it's no way to live. Just like you, I only fear for the deaths of my loved ones, but I've come to realize that there's no point in fearing that either. It's hard to swallow, but I just hope that none of us go too soon, or in tragedy and pain, or without saying goodbye. It's a lot to ask, but we all have ideals.

It's not a punishment, it's just part of a natural cycle. I don't believe in an afterlife, like heaven and such, but I do believe that people's spirits stick around.

As for what it would be like, dying, I think that'd depend on how and when you go.

SuSana

Tish said everything I was going to say. I really fear death of my family members over my own because I can't imagine how it would be to not have them around.

As for me, I don't think I'm scared to die because I know that this world is nothing, paradise is waiting in Heaven
smiles.gif

I could go on but I'll stop lol.

abbey_08

i believe in reicarnation, i do think that death isnt final. i think that something happens to your personality/spirit and it lives on. i am scared of people around me dying because iv never had anyone close to me or even a pet die except for when i was too young to understand. i am very fortunate in that respect.

joey444

I never used to even think about it and I guess never feared it but now that I have two little girls, I get so scared of leaving them. I believe in life after death and I do think we live on with our closed ones that have also passed in a better place. That thought calms me down a bit but the thought of not being able to kiss or hug my little girls, or to make their boo boo's better, or to tickle them and laugh at all the silly things they say, now THAT brings me to tears just thinking about it. I truly believe that when it's your time to go, it's your time to go and I hope it's not soon for me (I hate when the thought creeps into my head that I may die young). Last year we had a co-worker die (her husband shot her and then killed himself in front of their THREE daughters) and I think that experience made dying more of a reality for me. So I just pray for the best!

I love the show John Edwards Cross Country and I love the messages in the shows, but that show makes me cry so much!!! It DOES however remind me to appreciate every single moment with my loved ones.

Blushbaby

I don't really think about it. I've got enough to deal with in my LIVING life, than worry myself stupid about what's not happened yet.

ilovegreen

Death is inevitable no matter how much we worry or get upset about it especially if someone we care about passes.
One of my best friends died last last year from cancer leaving 2 young daughters behind and I'm so angry because of the system we have in the UK about not testing for cancers if your under a certain age.
I believe she would still be here if the doctors who said she was fine on several occasions done their job properly and did the tests that were needed.
I get so upset when I hear of children dying as they have not lived yet but a child dies every 30 seconds from malaria in the 3rd world just becuase they don't have access to medicines, etc and I thinks that's disgusting in this modern age.
I'm thankful for everyday that passes and I wake up in the morning and appreciate life as I don't know when my time is gonna come so I try to keep death the furthest thing from my mind so I can enjoy the time I do have and enjoy the people I love.

leenybeeny

I don't fear it.. in fact I hope it happens before I get to a point where I am no longer able to take care of myself. I saw what my mother went through.. all the agony, and feeling like she was a burden to everyone around her. And now I am seeing the same thing with my grandmother. I don't want to go through that.

i have no idea what happens after we die. I really try not to dwell on it. All I can do is live my life the best I can can right now. What I do have control over is my life, I don't have control over what happens when I die, so there is no point worrying about it.

For me, the worst thing about dying, is how those that love you feel when you are gone. I fear death, not for myself, but for the ones I love because I cannot imagine living without them.

DirtyPlum

I fear death and feel quite similar to Cantaffordmac... I personally cant imagine living to an old age (dont know why?!) and therefore fear it. I have lost ppl close to me (including my 16yr old cousin) suddenly and have seen the effects it has on ppl and the void it can leave (esp a young).

I think ideally most ppl would like to die old, so they have lived life and dont have any dependant children etc. I would like to, so guess fear it for not happening that way.

I also fear that it will happen too soon and I wont have had a chance to repent properly for my sins... so I worry about my afterlife.

My BIGGEST fear is losing my parents, it chokes me everytime. I hate seeing them ill with the slightest cough or cold and hope I can be strong for if or when the time comes.

I mean, I dont think about it every day and it doesnt stop me from living and having fun. I just keep it on the back burner, on very very low heat.

Shadowy Lady

Like most ppl have pointed, I'm way more scared of ppl close to me dying than my own death. I haven't had anyone super close to me die and I'm scared of the pain it will cause. I don't know when I will die myself, I do hope it's before I'm too old ti hat can't even use the bathroom on my own :/ On the other hand I don't wanna die now as there are so many things in life I haven't achieved yet.

I'm not religieous at all and therefore don't believe in a heaven and hell as different religions describe them. I do believe in something bigger than we see in this life though. I guess I'll only find out when I die...so maybe death is not too bad after all
smiles.gif

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyPlum

My BIGGEST fear is losing my parents, it chokes me everytime. I hate seeing them ill with the slightest cough or cold and hope I can be strong for if or when the time comes.

I mean, I dont think about it every day and it doesnt stop me from living and having fun. I just keep it on the back burner, on very very low heat.

I posted my reply before reading all the others so I mised this. I totally agree with the parents part. Even when I hear of my friends parents being seriousely ill or having a stroke or something, I actually choke up coz I keep imagining my parents getting ill and passing
ssad.gif

GreekChick

Do your fear it?

I fear the way it will happen. I fear mostly the pain of it. The entire system stops working, it has got to be painful...I think I've watched SAW one too many times lol! I just hope it's in 100 years and in a natural, unpainful way. Please be nice with me God
greengrin.gif

Do you look forward to it?
No I don't.

Is it a punishment?
I have no thoughts on this.

Is there an afterlife or is death really the end?

I hope there is an afterlife.
I've always wondered where the mind goes. Do we stop thinking? I am always thinking thinking thinking. Even in my sleep. But in death, what happens?

What do you think dying would be like?
I imagine it as a transition of the spirit and the mind. Like an out of body experience.

k.a.t

Death terrifies me. I mean it literally depresses me (I'm talking about the people I care about dying, I fear my own death but it doesn't terrify me as much). I just hate thinking about it, when I think about it for too long I begin to think about the 'what if's?' for example not having told that person how you felt or being able to say good bye. I dunno, I just don't think I could cope with that. So far nothing like this has happened to me, I haven't lost anyone but I'm so scared thinking about it, it literally tears me apart inside; I don't know why I feel so strongly about this..
I think that if I thought about death for too long I would drive myself crazy.
I just hate the uncertainty of it, what happens after, how it will feel, when it's gonna happen etc.. I don't have any beliefs about what happens to you after, if anything at all, because I just don't see how that's possible - at least for me. Sure I'd like to think there's an afterlife...but I just can't bring myself to hold a believe to something no one has or will have the answer to. I think I make things worse for myself lol
=/

carandru

I probably used to fear death... but I don't remember when that was. I am most certainly not looking forward to it by any means. I used to be scared of losing family members, but unfortunately I had a family member die each of the 5 years that I was in college. So now, I've come to accept one of my father's favorite sayings: "life goes on for the living".

I do believe my feelings will change when I have kids b/c I'll be concerned about leaving them and the hubby.

FlashBang

Hmm Id rather not think about it.

When I do though, I get butterflies in my stomach because the thought of no longer thinking, is pretty scary.

It upsets me too, but not because Ill be dead, but because when I really consider life as a whole, every last one of us is about as significant in universe as a crumb is on some busy road.

Nothing I do, or could do, means anything and the whole persuit of making money and living 'The Life' seems so trivial. That wont stop me from doing it though, I might as well be a happy insignificant speck
winks.gif

ginger9

I agree with many of the posters here. The thing I fear most is my loved ones dying.

As for my own death, it doesn't scare me. I value my life and there's so much more I would like to do but I see it as a natural part of life. I admit I think about what I would do if I went through an agonizing prolonged suffering death and I think I would just end it myself but then again you never really know until you are there, you know what I mean?

No, I don't look forward to it. Unless I was in the situation I just described above, perhaps then.

I do believe in the after life and reincarnation but I am not sure one is ever conscious of it since we take on a different form than who we are now, so in some sense we all have one life to live.