Death

BrawnShuga

Wow, this thread has brought up emotions thats usually hindered
ssad.gif
Having said that, I pretty much agree with all of the above, I fear death to those who are closest to my heart - parents, sister, husband, uncles/aunts... - more than fearing death for myself. My heart aches for those I don't even know who pass away, so I cant imagine it happening to my loved ones...I believe that there is an after life - a better one - but we're human, we cant help those who lose someone and are left behind...the feeling is undescribable...

flowerhead

I would like to die when I'm elderly - when I've had my time, But I appreciate that I could be dead within a week. I find this thought quite empowering in a way, I try to make the most of my life right now. I'm more concerned with what I'm going to do in life, not what I'm not going to do in death.
Death is natural and inevitable, it's the price you pay for being alive. I don't believe in an afterlife, I think your soul is set free, but that's it really. Eternal nothingness.

Rennah

I don't fear my own death, but I don't look forward to it, either!
I don't want my loved ones to die though...
ssad.gif

It sounds bad, but there are relatively a lot of traffic accidents here, and I feel relieved every time I find out that the victim is someone I never knew. A friend of mine from high school died in a motorbike accident 3 years ago... it really shook me up. I'd hate for anyone else I know to die. My grandma died last April.
ssad.gif
I miss her
ssad.gif
... but I know I will see her again (and hopefully my HS friend too!).

Death is a punishment. "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23

But since I've accepted God's gift, I'm not afraid to die. I'm going to heaven! w00t!

What will dying be like? Well, I can't imagine sickness or pain can be much fun, but I think death will be peaceful.
In the hospital when my grandma was dying, the doctors said that she was groggy, confused, and didn't feel much during her last hours. She died while holding my sister's hand... let out her last small breath and was gone. No more suffering.

crystalclear

So long as my death isn't painful or drawn out, I don't really care so I suppose I fear the process of dying rather than the actual death (unless I'm going to hell).
Like most people I fear the deaths of my family more than anything else.

greeneyes81

not to freak anyone out, but last night, on the way to the vet to have my cat's breathing checked (she was panting and i didn't like it), she had a heart attack and passed away. She didn't cry, was in no distress, she just went still. I was so scared at the time (still freaked out, to be honest), but I know that the instant her little heart stopped beating, she was in kitty heaven with all the other good kitties.

what im saying is, death is painful for the rest of us, but there has to be something after for the individual that passes on. a soul doesn't stop being because the physical part expired.

RIP Mimisaurus Rex 2003 - 2009

BeccalovesMAC

I was like most of y'all. I used to get so scared of even talking about death. My mom passed away of the flu on 12/15/05. She died in her sleep and she was almost 100 years old. When you enjoyed your life, you really cant be scared of death.

leenybeeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyes81
not to freak anyone out, but last night, on the way to the vet to have my cat's breathing checked (she was panting and i didn't like it), she had a heart attack and passed away. She didn't cry, was in no distress, she just went still. I was so scared at the time (still freaked out, to be honest), but I know that the instant her little heart stopped beating, she was in kitty heaven with all the other good kitties.

what im saying is, death is painful for the rest of us, but there has to be something after for the individual that passes on. a soul doesn't stop being because the physical part expired.

th_hug.gif
I am so sorry
ssad.gif

Mrs_crowcupcake

I hate death!! I even made my boyfriend promise he wouldnt die(pointless I know) and that we would die together.
I'm scared of him or our daughter dying and leaving me alone. I'm even scared of dying myself. If I think about it, I obsess over it and cry. So I try not to think about it.
I think death will come like all darkness. Thats it, the end, no more experiences bad or good.
I thought I came close to death once when I was in labor once and my epidural shot was messed up or something, so my whole body got heavy and numb and I couldnt breathe on my own... so I was freakin scared. I even remembered telling my bf I wouldnt leave him alone, so that got me to keep trying to breathe instead of giving up. I guess I passed out cause when I woke up there were like 10 doctors and nurses in the room.
MAN THAT WAS SCARY! lol

To me, life is way to short, I would need to live 200 years to be content with the time I have to live.

and when other people die.. yeah it just like someone else said, I cry too. I cry even worse when babies die... I even here ambulance sirens now.. depressing..

SparklingWaves

I have been with people and animals as they passed. It was not frightening, but I was sad for the loss of the physical being.

There is no question in my mind there is a spirit that resides in the physical shell called the body.

At times, I fear it and sometimes with illness I welcome it. I love my loved ones so dearly I don't want to die. I want us to be together for eternity and I do dread the day we will depart physically from each other. Also, if I die first, I do want them to enjoy the rest of their physical life to the fullest.

I hope that I will pass in peaceful way and that my life would not be taken by the hands of a killer.

Death is apart of the life cycle just as much as the birth process. I do wish that more people would be with those who are dying just as they want to be with those who are bearing new life. It's like the ocean that comes into shore and rolls out to the sea. It's just that natural.

When I leave the sleeve of the body, I hope that someone would be there to help keep me out of pain and ease my anxieties as I breathe my last breaths. Then, I hope to be in the presence of the Creator of the Universe. All will be well and I will be at home forever.

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyes81

I am sorry for the loss of your fur angel.
th_hug.gif

n_c

I'm not so much afraid of death, it is really inevitable, but more of HOW I will die.

My daughter will be sad, I dont want to die for her, hope that makes sense.

X4biddenxLustX

Death, honestly scares the shit out of me. Like Idk what happens after you die? Do you go somewhere? Or is it just really the end of everything? Too many questions and things that keep you wondering about it.

I too am more afraid of my loved ones dying than myself dying. It would be too big of change to not have them around in my life physically and be able to talk to them, hug them, and tell them that I love them. I tear up a little everytime I think about losing my parents.

Kalico

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_c
I'm not so much afraid of death, it is really inevitable, but more of HOW I will die.

Same here.

I'm not really afraid of being dead. I guess I just imagine it as being asleep, and I love sleeping.
winks.gif