Dior Cosmetics Discussion

pnfpn

I see Europe next to it on the top line so I can probably pick it up for you but the cost of it in £ would be ridiculous.

jebogewf

http://www.magi-mania.de/collection/dior-5-couleurs-collection-2014/

if you scroll down, you can see where each palette is being released.

According to the above information, 456 will be released in US! (assuming you are there) :)

Thank you SO much SARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
urock.gif
Here is the same link - but I translated it to English:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.magi-mania.de/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dmagi-mania%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DbIn%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial%26channel%3Dfflb

Yogiflow

I would love to buy the Diorsnow fresh cheeks blush, but it just seems to be impossible :( it's a mystery blush!

Medgal07

I'm still waiting to hear from my Dior SA. In the meantime, I finally wore my Trafalgar e/s palette! Love, love, love. The center red shade is VERY pigmented. I used the gold shade as my primary color to construct a somewhat neutral eye look. All of the shadows performed well. I wore Tom Ford's Slander lipstick with it---very nice red!!!
My Dior Pied de Poule lipstick arrived today---beautiful vampy burgundy---does not disappoint!
[h=4][/h]

Knope2012

I'm still waiting to hear from my Dior SA. In the meantime, I finally wore my Trafalgar e/s palette! Love, love, love. The center red shade is VERY pigmented. I used the gold shade as my primary color to construct a somewhat neutral eye look. All of the shadows performed well. I wore Tom Ford's Slander lipstick with it---very nice red!!!
My Dior Pied de Poule lipstick arrived today---beautiful vampy burgundy---does not disappoint!
[h=4][/h]
I'm glad you love Trafalgar! That's the one I'm thinking of picking up next week. It looks perfect for Fall

awickedshape

Christine @ Temptalia recently reviewed Trafalgar and I think she previously reviewed Pied de Poule, if anyone is interested.

Miss QQ

http://www.magi-mania.de/collection/dior-5-couleurs-collection-2014/

if you scroll down, you can see where each palette is being released.

According to the above information, 456 will be released in US! (assuming you are there) :)
I really want Pastel Choc too! :(

So my counters got the new quints, and Tralfagar, Femme Fleur and Victoire are calling my name. I can't help but be drawn to Tutu, although the colours look so similar and shimmery. I thought the display is awesome, the quints are elevated from the usual counter, like they are on the top floor and the lipsticks and blush on the lower floor, creating a 3d structure.

Monsy

by the way they describe that new foundation I have a feeling it's going to be on the same page as chanel PLV, ysl ink, lancome nude miracle, armani maestro...

ViolaS24

by the way they describe that new foundation I have a feeling it's going to be on the same page as chanel PLV, ysl ink, lancome nude miracle, armani maestro...
That's what I was thinking too. I already have Armani Maestro and Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation Serum which are very similar. I don't think I will be getting this one, unless it's somehow dramatically better than the ones I already have. I am however very interested in at least 3 of the Rouge Dior lipsticks and maybe one of the quints.

ViolaS24

Swatches! Sorry, if this was posted before:

http://www.funnyfacebeauty.com/2014/08/dior-fall-2014-5-couleurs-collection.html

Monsy

I was hoping to try the new one but when I read backstage reports or however you call it , it was stated that this foundation is used on everyone except on dry skin so it made me think it probably would accentuate dryness so it's a no go for me

akaaggie

Thanks! The Rose Tutu set will be mine!
cheerleader.gif

ETA: ...not quite sure why the original post didn't show up. Was referring to Viola's post.

Rusaloochka

Hello!

I just got Trafalgar from the new 5 couleurs, here's some swatches if it helps.

Havn't tried them yet, but all I could say is that shade 1 and 2 are poor in pigmentation when swatched. Buttttt yea... Let's see how it goes when applied on eyelids... I just couldn't let that one go even if it's permanent (I think? Didn't want to take any chances)

beautycool

Hello! I just got Trafalgar from the new 5 couleurs, here's some swatches if it helps. Havn't tried them yet, but all I could say is that shade 1 and 2 are poor in pigmentation when swatched. Buttttt yea... Let's see how it goes when applied on eyelids... I just couldn't let that one go even if it's permanent (I think? Didn't want to take any chances) 
Hi that's lovely It's the one I would of liked x Don't wear much eye shadows though lol But still want it :)

Rusaloochka

But still want it
smiles.gif
Np
I still have mixed feelings about it... It is beautiful in the pan, but when you swatch the colors, it kind looks a bit off. The deep red-wine shade looks more like a lighter berry color, it's losing its intensity. I guess if you pack it on the eyelid it would be as deep as in the pan, but yea... bit of a disappointment..

Still have to try it. Just first impressions...
^^

EllaS

Np
I still have mixed feelings about it... It is beautiful in the pan, but when you swatch the colors, it kind looks a bit off. The deep red-wine shade looks more like a lighter berry color, it's losing its intensity. I guess if you pack it on the eyelid it would be as deep as in the pan, but yea... bit of a disappointment..

Still have to try it. Just first impressions...
^^
Thanks for the swatches! I have to say, I've been on the fence about this palette. I didn't like that it has 2 very light shades, plus I felt that red shade was the only really original shade in the palette. I'm curious to hear how buildable you think the color is once you've had time to play with it.

I will say though that I just found this video tutorial using Trafalgar and I think it looks AMAZING. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3rJqINjH20 At the end - around 6:37 - she includes some close-up stills that really show off the colors (she uses the plummy shade at bottom right to line under the eye and it looks gorg!). The palette may not be perfect but I think I'm caving...

Latest posts