Dior Cosmetics Discussion

NYCBeautyJunkie

can wait to hear your thoughts!!!
So far... (I've had it on for 6 hours) I REALLY like it; it still looks fresh and the color match is GREAT. It has an illuminating effect (somehow, my skin appears brighter) and sets to a soft matte finish. Last but not least, it photographs BEAUTIFULLY.

Not quite sure/sold on the concealer just yet... nice creamy texture, blends in effortlessly, but I did have minor creasing that I usually wouldn't have with my HG Nars Radiant concealer. Maybe it isn't heat friendly? Not sure yet, so I'm not ready to pass judgment on this one, lol.

Monsy

have you used any other dior foundations? i wear nude 021 and wonder should I order 021 in star too?

meka72

Yep I do, I wear the Diorskin Nude in 060 Mocha and am a perfect match in 060 in Star as well :)
I have a sample of Dior Star in 60 and wore it today. I love the finish! On me, the foundation was satiny, radiant and matte at the same time. I think I'll be picking up a bottl during the beauty event next month. @NYCBeautyJunkie, how are you applying the foundation. I used the Shiseido foundation brush this morning but plan to try it with the beauty blender tomorrow.

NYCBeautyJunkie

@NYCBeautyJunkie, how are you applying the foundation. I used the Shiseido foundation brush this morning but plan to try it with the beauty blender tomorrow.
I used a flat top kabuki, but I'm interested in trying it with a sponge as well; two reviews I've seen have especially loved the finish with a sponge.

meka72

I used a flat top kabuki, but I'm interested in trying it with a sponge as well; two reviews I've seen have especially loved the finish with a sponge.
I used the beauty blender today and like the finish even better. I did use two sheer coats though to cover a couple of dark spots. Do you also have chanel perfection lumiere? If so, how would you compare that foundation to the new Dior foundation?

NYCBeautyJunkie

Do you also have chanel perfection lumiere? If so, how would you compare that foundation to the new Dior foundation?
I find that Chanel's PL sets to a more matte finish and isn't as illuminating or radiant as the Dior; however, holds up probably a bit longer and, on my skin at least, has a bit more coverage. I really enjoy PL for summer months, or think it will work well for some combo/oily skin types

Monsy

I just ordered Star foundation. I used to have PLV from chanel and I did like it's finish although I prefer a bit more coverage . Also I had to moisturize well so it doesn't accentuate my dry spots. PLV didn't have great staying power. I wonder how similar Star is... will update you as soon as I try it

Miss QQ

Can't wait to hear your review too. I got a mailer of the Star foundation and it sounds like what I want. The mailer says I can get a sample so I hope to get one in my shade. I don't know why brands sometimes give samples but they only come in one shade. If they are generous and want us to try and then buy, what is the point of letting us try a wrong shade. Anyway, I love Diorskin Extremefit foundation and was so sad when they discontinued it and came out with Forever which I don't like at all. Fingers crossed that Star will work on me.

Debbs

Finally decided I need to start wearing concealer and what better way to start, Dior Star in 005 Mocha. Matches perfectly. The new darker foundation ranges are so nice to see. I got a sample of 060 Star Foundation the 3rd from the darkest one 080. I am dying to try new foundations but I am tied up with a few others that I have to use or get rid of first

urbis

I just ordered Star foundation. I used to have PLV from chanel and I did like it's finish although I prefer a bit more coverage . Also I had to moisturize well so it doesn't accentuate my dry spots. PLV didn't have great staying power. I wonder how similar Star is... will update you as soon as I try it 
I'll wait for your review

urbis

Np I still have mixed feelings about it... It is beautiful in the pan, but when you swatch the colors, it kind looks a bit off. The deep red-wine shade looks more like a lighter berry color, it's losing its intensity. I guess if you pack it on the eyelid it would be as deep as in the pan, but yea... bit of a disappointment.. Still have to try it. Just first impressions... ^^
Your first impressions are exactly like mine!

pnfpn

http://chicprofile.com/2014/08/dior-omotesando-fall-2014-collection.html

Japan gets all the pretty things. That blush looks stunning.

EllaS

According to the Q&A section of the Dior 5 couleurs palette page on Nordstrom, the remaining Fall eyeshadow palettes should be out soon. CS also said the first five are not LE (despite the fact that at some point I'd heard both Bar & Trafalgar were), so that's good. Does anybody know whether any of the remaining palettes are going to be LE? I'm particularly interested in Jardin & Cuir Cannage. Just want to know if I need to snatch them up right away or if I have a little time to replenish the bank account :)

Latest posts