Dior Cosmetics Discussion

KiKi Kontour

cant wait to see what those lippies lookin like. i did see the shadow palettes in nordies last week tho and swatched the 2nd palette!! so gorge!!

Monsy

I have to share my thoughts on Dior star foundation. Initially I really liked it but later I found it's very inconsistent on how it looks on skin. I had days when it look good and I had days when it looked horrible. I tried with different primers to make it work, with different setting powders, no setting powder etc... It enhances dry spots. Also it accentuates every single imperfection I have. Settles into pores and fades into patches (on my nose, my chin). Looks so cakey after couple of hours. Another thing I found it oxidizes terribly - soon after application (30 sec not longer) it would be shade darker than what it looks when you just pump it out of the bottle. Hours later I looked like a orange pumpkin.
So sad because I had high expectations from this one. I had to return it

mango13

I have to share my thoughts on Dior star foundation. Initially I really liked it but later I found it's very inconsistent on how it looks on skin. I had days when it look good and I had days when it looked horrible. I tried with different primers to make it work, with different setting powders, no setting powder etc... It enhances dry spots. Also it accentuates every single imperfection I have. Settles into pores and fades into patches (on my nose, my chin). Looks so cakey after couple of hours. Another thing I found it oxidizes terribly - soon after application (30 sec not longer) it would be shade darker than what it looks when you just pump it out of the bottle. Hours later I looked like a orange pumpkin.
Have you tried the Capture Totale foundation? If you have how does this compare? I just bought Capture Totale in August and I love it, I was really curious about the Star foundation and really wanted to try it. Star kind of sounds like my experience with Forever, it was okay in summer, but in winter it would go a bit patchy and definitely accentuated any dry spots on my face.

NYCBeautyJunkie

I kinda have to agree Monsy :( I haven't touched it in almost a month. It gets a bit too glowy and patchy on my skin after a few hours and the oxidation is definitely horrible; I didn't notice how off it looked until I took pictures and was able to check the shade out in various different lighting.

Monsy

Have you tried the Capture Totale foundation? If you have how does this compare? I just bought Capture Totale in August and I love it, I was really curious about the Star foundation and really wanted to try it. Star kind of sounds like my experience with Forever, it was okay in summer, but in winter it would go a bit patchy and definitely accentuated any dry spots on my face.
I have not. I used Nude foundation and works wonderfully for me during the summer - gives good coverage and it's unbelievable long wearing. During winter time does not work for me, I need more moisture so I use Lancome teint miracle.

I only tried sample of Forever and didn't like it but I assume for combination and oily skin it might work.

I liked the finish on Star - it's matte but healthy glowy matte if that makes any sense. Not dull flat matte. And I loved the coverage. But everything else I hated. Also shade selection is poor I wish they had 011 which would be my perfect match.

I remember at work after couple of hours I would look in the mirror and would be horrified how it looks - blotchy, faded on certain spots, it looked like my pores just sacked it all in and they looked GIANT .

I will go back to Nude.

mango13

I have not. I used Nude foundation and works wonderfully for me during the summer - gives good coverage and it's unbelievable long wearing. During winter time does not work for me, I need more moisture so I use Lancome teint miracle.

I only tried sample of Forever and didn't like it but I assume for combination and oily skin it might work.

I liked the finish on Star - it's matte but healthy glowy matte if that makes any sense. Not dull flat matte. And I loved the coverage. But everything else I hated. Also shade selection is poor I wish they had 011 which would be my perfect match.

I remember at work after couple of hours I would look in the mirror and would be horrified how it looks - blotchy, faded on certain spots, it looked like my pores just sacked it all in and they looked GIANT .

I will go back to Nude.
Nude is a really nice foundation I had a sample in 020(too dark) and 010(too pink), I think the 011 would have worked for me, but then on a whim I got a sample of Capture Totale in 010 and I ended up really liking it. It's the most long lasting foundation I have ever tried. I spay some Fix+ after I apply and it looks great 13+ hours after application and has a very natural skin like finish and great for dry skin. I wish they had a 011 shade though, even though 010 is actually neutral unlike forever/Nude that are overly pink, a little bit more yellow would have been nice.

I've been planning on trying a Lancome foundation, just haven't gotten around to it. I haven't been to Lancome counter since last December...so maybe one day. Since a bottle of foundation lasts me about eight months I won't be buying anything new until around April, I really wanted to try out the new Tom Ford foundation, however if the sample of it isn't mind blowing I may stick to this one or finally get around to trying Nude in 011.

I still want to grab a sample of Star, but I assume it will be too pink for me. Anything blotchy and faded sounds like a nightmare. If you get the chance you should try out a sample of Capture Totale it's really great.

MissTania

I just went past my Dior counter (in Australia) and saw 4 blushes which I think are new (the mango and white ones are for sure), I took a pic but am getting error messages when uploading.

They are:
#581 - mango coloured
#861 pastel pink
#421 - pearly white
#881- pinky red

MissTania

http://www.dior.com/beauty/en_int/fragrance-and-beauty/makeup/face/blush/pr-blush-Y0715255_F071525586-vibrant-colour-powder-blush.html

They are new, just found them above!!!

mango13

I think the orange one is Dazzling Sun, and it sure does pack a punch in person:

I will be swatching them on Friday hopefully!
Ooops, the were right next to each other on the website. Are you going to take a pic of the swatches? Enjoy the swatching!!!

MissTania

Ooops, the were right next to each other on the website. Are you going to take a pic of the swatches? Enjoy the swatching!!!
Yes, I saw them side by side on the site and figured that was the case:)

I'll take a pic and upload if the quality is decent on my phone!

I was just so shocked to see them, usually I know in advance from coming on here what to expect!

mango13

Yes, I saw them side by side on the site and figured that was the case:)

I'll take a pic and upload if the quality is decent on my phone!

I was just so shocked to see them, usually I know in advance from coming on here what to expect!
I think MAC is overshadowing everyone else these days! lol

MissTania

Review of Rose Darling blush and she links swatches of all 4 on Instagram when you click on Dazzling Sun:

http://mostlysunnyblog.com/2014/09/25/dior-rose-darling-diorblush-is-quite-a-darling/#more-18209

heart.gif

Latest posts