Dior Cosmetics Discussion

Medgal07

Review of Rose Darling blush and she links swatches of all 4 on Instagram when you click on Dazzling Sun:

http://mostlysunnyblog.com/2014/09/25/dior-rose-darling-diorblush-is-quite-a-darling/#more-18209

heart.gif
Oh that is really lovely!!!
eyelove.gif
I'm having loveliness overload!!!
girlhaha.gif

MissTania

Oh that is really lovely!!!
eyelove.gif
I'm having loveliness overload!!!
girlhaha.gif
Oh Medgal, I want the 2 pinky shades! I did not have time to swatch them today, but I know I will be tempted.

I just hope they are perm as I can't justify even one more blush any time soon (but somehow I will
girlhaha.gif
) since I bought Rose Glacier from Chanel!

LiliV

Is the Dior Star foundation light or full coverage? I've been considering trying it bc I heard it's long wearing (I'm oily so I need that) but I like light coverage. I currently use Givenchy Teint Couture which I love but I do feel could last a bit longer

Monsy

I returned Star I purchased.

I will just copy paste my review from sephora

I had very high hopes for Star foundation. I have been wearing Dior nude for a while and really liked it. Star is lightweight but gives very good medium to almost full coverage. It has matte finish but healthy looking matte. It oxidizes terribly!!! Minutes after application becomes almost shade darker. Hours later it looks much much darker then when applied and I have dry skin and no oil on my skin at all. I never had this happen to me and I tried and used dozens and dozens of foundations. Also it settles in every single imperfection you might have and accentuates dry spots. Poor shade selection also - I was hoping for 011 which is available in Nude but I had to settle with 021 which was a bit darker (after oxidizing much darker). Sadly Star is going back.

LiliV

I returned Star I purchased.  I will just copy paste my review from sephora [COLOR=4B4B4B]I had very high hopes for Star foundation. I have been wearing Dior nude for a while and really liked it. Star is lightweight but gives very good medium to almost full coverage. It has matte finish but healthy looking matte. It oxidizes terribly!!! Minutes after application becomes almost shade darker. Hours later it looks much much darker then when applied and I have dry skin and no oil on my skin at all. I never had this happen to me and I tried and used dozens and dozens of foundations. Also it settles in every single imperfection you might have and accentuates dry spots. Poor shade selection also - I was hoping for 011 which is available in Nude but I had to settle with 021 which was a bit darker (after oxidizing much darker). Sadly Star is going back.[/COLOR]
Oxidization always scares me off bc I'm so pale! I'm also just not into full coverage I don't need a lot and the few times I used full it just looked cakey and unnecessary

purplemaren

I returned Star I purchased.

I will just copy paste my review from sephora

I had very high hopes for Star foundation. I have been wearing Dior nude for a while and really liked it. Star is lightweight but gives very good medium to almost full coverage. It has matte finish but healthy looking matte. It oxidizes terribly!!! Minutes after application becomes almost shade darker. Hours later it looks much much darker then when applied and I have dry skin and no oil on my skin at all. I never had this happen to me and I tried and used dozens and dozens of foundations. Also it settles in every single imperfection you might have and accentuates dry spots. Poor shade selection also - I was hoping for 011 which is available in Nude but I had to settle with 021 which was a bit darker (after oxidizing much darker). Sadly Star is going back.
I just read that review on sephora, and I thought it was you, based on the thoughts you've shared here. I'm going to try dior nude instead

Dominique33

Rouge de Luxe has beautiful pics of the Holiday 2014 collection It is quite similar of Golden Winter 2013 but the Diorific are different and the quints look gorgeous !

awickedshape

http://instagram.com/p/tau6vTjx_H/ "The #pfw backstage kit of makeup creator Peter Philips @Dior. Faves incl laser-cut satin liner strips (coming to YOU spring 2015) and a nail polish called "Lady" -@yingchunyc"

xfarrax

Also I bought the star foundation and I cannot begin to describe how much I hate it, save your money!! First off u got matched to 40 and the first time I pumped out some on the back of my hand it began to oxidise almost immediately, it was a horrible color and when applied to my skin it looked off too. It made my skin look dull and was not what I was expecting, lasting power wasn't anything great on my skin, normally long wearing foundations keep my blush and highlighter on. My highlighter and blush were non existent after a couple hours, think it did ok controlling oil but I wasn't wowed whatsoever! Still on the hunt for a new autumn foundation. Also think I was reacting to whatever ingredients have been put in as my skin texture became really bumpy

Dominique33

"The #pfw backstage kit of makeup creator Peter Philips @Dior. Faves incl laser-cut satin liner strips (coming to YOU spring 2015) and a nail polish called "Lady" -@yingchunyc"
Thank you for sharing, Lady looks gorgeous. Peter Philip's work has been so awfully good so far, but the Dior packagings are so different from the Chanel ones, it really shows IMO. But he will do his job :)

stephgphillips

I also bought the Star foundation and will be returning it. I had a nice color match - but it was just too sheer for me even with some building up - and it was completely work off within 4 hours. I wore it over the Laura Mercier primer. I'm trying IT cosmetics CC cream now.