Dior Cosmetics Discussion

Medgal07

Yeah, I generally look nicer in pinkish highlights versus gold. I don't think I own a single "gold" highlighter; my darkest one is Chanel's Dentelle, and I only use that when I want to warm up my blush color some.

I didn't realize Dior's highlighter is $80! OMG! And here I was thinking Chanel's was pretty high this year. LOL!
I never even looked at the price---sign of a true addict!!!
girlhaha.gif

mango13

Exactly!!! I just ordered the Chanel holiday highlighter and it's white.
I also just ordered the Chanel one and a Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Sandstone! I'm really excited for both. I still want to get the pink highlighter from this collection as well, but it may be too much. lol Have you tried Bobbi Brown's Pink Quartz Shimmer Brick?

Medgal07

I also just ordered the Chanel one and a Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Sandstone! I'm really excited for both. I still want to get the pink highlighter from this collection as well, but it may be too much. lol Have you tried Bobbi Brown's Pink Quartz Shimmer Brick?
No I have not but I read some good reviews on it. Other than Chanel, Dior, Armani EL & MAC, the only other brand that I've tried is Becca. I purchased Opal, Rose Gold
& Champagne Gold. Have you tried Becca?

Dominique33

Here is the Diorific 2013 one ( rose ), it's a beautiful powder but :

- the pan opens not that easily ( not at all )
- it's very glittery.

So far I remember I paid around 70 € at the time on Dior online store.

I hope it helps :)

mango13

No I have not but I read some good reviews on it. Other than Chanel, Dior, Armani EL & MAC, the only other brand that I've tried is Becca. I purchased Opal, Rose Gold
& Champagne Gold. Have you tried Becca?
I haven't tried Becca, but I read a lot of good things about them. Do you like their products? Have they lived up to your expectations? The Shimmer Bricks are really great! Beige was my first highlighter and then I got Apricot and Pink Quartz and now Sandstone is my forth one. Oh... and they have a beautiful one for the holiday collection called Copper Diamond... and that one is also tempting. There is also the MAC's Lightness of Being collection coming out soonish... I was initially interested in the highlighters, but I'm pretty sure I'm going favor the Chanel one (it just looks so smooth and buttery from the swatches), so point of buying them, but I may change my mind.

xfarrax

http://www.specktra.net/t/189884/haa-highlighter-addicts-anonymous Highlighter junkies jump on board ^^^ :)

Medgal07

Here is the Diorific 2013 one ( rose ), it's a beautiful powder but :

- the pan opens not that easily ( not at all )
- it's very glittery.

So far I remember I paid around 70 € at the time on Dior online store.

I hope it helps :)
That looks so pretty in the compact Dominique. That's one that I don't have. Too bad it's glittery & hard to open!

Medgal07

I haven't tried Becca, but I read a lot of good things about them. Do you like their products? Have they lived up to your expectations? The Shimmer Bricks are really great! Beige was my first highlighter and then I got Apricot and Pink Quartz and now Sandstone is my forth one. Oh... and they have a beautiful one for the holiday collection called Copper Diamond... and that one is also tempting. There is also the MAC's Lightness of Being collection coming out soonish... I was initially interested in the highlighters, but I'm pretty sure I'm going favor the Chanel one (it just looks so smooth and buttery from the swatches), so point of buying them, but I may change my mind.
I found the pressed Becca highlighters surprisingly good. The formula is close to rivaling the old EL gelee formulas which are the best IMHO. I have not tried any other
Becca products.

Anahita Balsara

So I called up the Dior boutique in Las Vegas and they said they don't think the pink highlighter is going to be released here in the US. I'm soo disappointed. I really wanted the pink one!!

Anahita Balsara

So I spoke to somebody from the Dior boutique in Las Vegas and they said they don't think we're getting the pink highlighter here in the US. I'm soo disappointed. I really wanted the pink one!!!

Medgal07

So I spoke to somebody from the Dior boutique in Las Vegas and they said they don't think we're getting the pink highlighter here in the US. I'm soo disappointed. I really wanted the pink one!!!
Oh no---I think several of us were hoping to snag the pink one. Real bummer!

sugarberry

I never even looked at the price---sign of a true addict!!!
girlhaha.gif
I just noticed the price. LOL! I'm trying to budget all my purchases this year to save up for my big overseas trip. I'll be going to Asia, so hopefully there'll be a pink highlighter left in stock for me to play with. It would suck if it's chalky, though.

laurennnxox

I just can't wait to see the lipstick duos in person! I think that's the only thing I shall be getting from this collection after seeing how yellow the highlighter is. :(

EllaS

Review of Rose Darling blush and she links swatches of all 4 on Instagram when you click on Dazzling Sun:

http://mostlysunnyblog.com/2014/09/25/dior-rose-darling-diorblush-is-quite-a-darling/#more-18209

heart.gif
Thanks for all the great links. Are these blushes being released in the US, do you know? And if so, when? I NEED dazzling sun.
heart.gif

Medgal07

I just noticed the price. LOL! I'm trying to budget all my purchases this year to save up for my big overseas trip. I'll be going to Asia, so hopefully there'll be a pink highlighter left in stock for me to play with. It would suck if it's chalky, though.
That's so awesome SugarBerry---you save your coins now so you can get some amazing products and come back and show & tell us all about your amazing Asian Haul!