Dior Cosmetics Discussion

MissTania

yahoo.gif
D-DAY---It's Dior Day at my house too----and let me just say, some things are worth the wait! I think it's been months since my Dior SA at my local Saks informed me that they'd be getting the palette that I wanted most---well we finally completed my order ( Cuir Cannage & two NPs) yesterday but a large box arrived this morning. That was confusing to me because my order was small. WELL, I'm totally gobsmacked. My SA sent me three additional full-sized NPs, a tote bag (loaded w/samples)w/a matching makeup case, and another black patent makeup case. I think the white square object w/the black bow is a mirror but it's so cute that I don't want to open it. Take a look:

What a lovely haul and SA!

Do I spy Diorette and Spring on the left?

I went to look at Diorette today, and ended up with Spring and Star also, even after having sworn off the gel polishes...I hope I don't regret it. If I can get 2 solid days wear and a third day which is not too badly chipped, I'll be happy.

Medgal07

What a lovely haul and SA!

Do I spy Diorette and Spring on the left?

I went to look at Diorette today, and ended up with Spring and Star also, even after having sworn off the gel polishes...I hope I don't regret it. If I can get 2 solid days wear and a third day which is not too badly chipped, I'll be happy.
Thanks MissTania! Very good eye! Yes, Diorette & Spring are the 2 that I ordered. I finally opened the white pkg w/the black ribbon---it's a super cute Dior mirror.

Monsy

I wanted to ask about Dior diva program - do you save your receipts in 12 month period or is it 12 calendar months (meaning january to january for example) or you can do april to april ? As long as it is 12 months? Do they accept online purchases or in store only?

AlyssaMelanie

th_hello.gif
hi all! I'm a new member... I've only been a lurker here for years.
blink.gif

I've been backreading a bit about the Star foundation, and most of you hated it and posted negative feedback. I'm not sure if it's because I have Asian skin or if it's the tropical climate in our country that made the difference, but Star looked great on me! I have combination skin and some of my foundations like MUFE HD, Chanel PL and ELDW all accentuated the dry patches on my skin - which didn't happen with Star. I only apply 1 layer because I don't want full coverage, but most of my imperfections (the darker and bigger ones still needed concealer though) were covered. It also lasts longer on me before I begin to get oily, and this is the only foundation I've tried that didn't cause me to breakout. I'm happy that it worked for me because it costs a lot in our country! LOL
peace2.gif

Am excited about the Dazzling Sun blush.. I hope it arrives in our country soon
tumbleweed.gif

sugarberry

th_hello.gif
hi all! I'm a new member... I've only been a lurker here for years.
blink.gif

I've been backreading a bit about the Star foundation, and most of you hated it and posted negative feedback. I'm not sure if it's because I have Asian skin or if it's the tropical climate in our country that made the difference, but Star looked great on me! I have combination skin and some of my foundations like MUFE HD, Chanel PL and ELDW all accentuated the dry patches on my skin - which didn't happen with Star. I only apply 1 layer because I don't want full coverage, but most of my imperfections (the darker and bigger ones still needed concealer though) were covered. It also lasts longer on me before I begin to get oily, and this is the only foundation I've tried that didn't cause me to breakout. I'm happy that it worked for me because it costs a lot in our country! LOL
peace2.gif

Am excited about the Dazzling Sun blush.. I hope it arrives in our country soon
tumbleweed.gif
You know, I noticed that a lot of Asian blogs I read love this foundation as well. I didn't have spectacular results with it, but I do like the foundation. It brightens up my skin and looks pretty natural on me. It also, as you said, glides right over flaky parts on my face. Do you get shade 11 over there? I saw a blogger from Singapore post about it, but we only have shade 10 here. I'll hold off on purchasing 10 if there is even a chance that I'll be able to pick up shade 11 when I'm in Asia.

JulieDiva

I wanted to ask about Dior diva program - do you save your receipts in 12 month period or is it 12 calendar months (meaning january to january for example) or you can do april to april ? As long as it is 12 months? Do they accept online purchases or in store only?
Hi...it is 12 month period, so like April 2013 to April 2014......online and in store count. This program is good, although the rewards keep getting less and less awesome. 2 years ago, they gave so much great stuff...now...not so much.

SlugPower

You know, I noticed that a lot of Asian blogs I read love this foundation as well. I didn't have spectacular results with it, but I do like the foundation. It brightens up my skin and looks pretty natural on me. It also, as you said, glides right over flaky parts on my face. Do you get shade 11 over there? I saw a blogger from Singapore post about it, but we only have shade 10 here. I'll hold off on purchasing 10 if there is even a chance that I'll be able to pick up shade 11 when I'm in Asia.
I tend to think there is a foundation for everyone. What is good for some isn't good for others.

Monsy

Hi...it is 12 month period, so like April 2013 to April 2014......online and in store count. This program is good, although the rewards keep getting less and less awesome. 2 years ago, they gave so much great stuff...now...not so much.
thank you!
do i need to include invoices for online purchases directly from dior.com too or it applies automatically ?

alexisweaver

I'm a little upset. I called my Dior counter at Nordies and I was told they had the quints in. I drive all the way there and the lady isn't even there and no holiday collection. :/ They have an AMAZING gift with purchase option so I hope it shows up soon.

laurennnxox

Dillards has everything up online except the highlighter and (of course) the lipsticks. Not sure why it's so hard to find decent swatches of the lippies! They're supposed to officially release tomorrow at counters, so I guess I shall swing by my local counter to see if they've gotten them in.

cheburaha

It's not a calendar year, receipts should cover 12 months period, no matter when it starts. And they accept online and offline receipts - no difference. I cannot complain - I've received great gifts through the program (posted pics of the most recent gift a few pages ago - two sets with the full size perfume for 1000 points and a set of nail polishes for 500 points). I do not know whether the gifts got worse - I started three years ago and in fact, I think, they got better as before for 500 points you would get a cheap looking bracelet while now it's a nail polish set. The major gifts stay the same.

cheburaha

thank you!
do i need to include invoices for online purchases directly from dior.com too or it applies automatically ?
I included invoices from Dior.com just in case as I was not sure whether they could link my accounts and my points. I also could not find points tracked on their website.

AlyssaMelanie

I found out a day late that we have shade 11 here in Manila. I think that would have been the best match for me, too. But I just can't justify with myself paying around $67 (that's how much it costs here) for the same product.

I think you should try it once you're in Asia.. you never know, right?