Dior Cosmetics Discussion

Medgal07

Is that top left an eyeshadow palette? Interesting.

I took a closer look at the original pic - I'm 99% sure it says it's an eye and lip palette as @Pippilotta suggested. Not a fan of mixed palettes, or lip palettes in general, so it's a skip for me after all.
friends.gif
Oh I'm so with you on that Jennyap. I'm so not a fan of co-mingled palettes. I skipped the TF summer palette and the Guerlain holiday palette for the same reason.

Medgal07

I have been buying them for about a decade.

You might be able to find Rosy Tan somewhere, the weird thing is, it is still pictured on Nordies but not in the colour options:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/dior-5-couleurs-eyeshadow-palette/3092334?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=2229&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-browseresults-_-1_5_A

I'm pretty sure I saw it listed here not long ago, maybe one of the Counters will have it.

It really is a gorgeous palette.
That's so bazaar. Like you said, it is pictured but when you look at the drop down menu it has two completely different palettes

jazz253

[COLOR=0000FF] [/COLOR] :frenz: [COLOR=0000FF]Oh I'm so with you on that Jennyap.  I'm so not a fan of co-mingled palettes.  I skipped the TF summer palette and the Guerlain holiday palette for the same reason.[/COLOR]
I agree with you on co-mingled palettes. I can tolerate them if the are sectioned off. But I absolutely hate when they put lipsticks & gloss with shadows and blush.

Medgal07

I agree with you on co-mingled palettes. I can tolerate them if the are sectioned off. But I absolutely hate when they put lipsticks & gloss with shadows and blush.
Yes, it's a great idea in theory but a poor one in practice. If you're rushing you're more likely to make a mess, and
once that happens the entire palette looks awful.

LivN

My 5 Couleurs
heart.gif

In the older packaging, I had purchased probably at least 20. I threw them out long ago in favour of these.

For anyone who doesn't know me here, I have some eye allergies which is why I have stopped buying these....but I really want Cuir Cannage!!
Seriously impresive collection!

Quote: Originally Posted by jennyap

Sneaky peek at the spring collection. There are quints. And that palette, oh my!

Credit to IG user @chiacchierachiara
Purple Cream eyeshadow
eyelove.gif
I hope it doesn't have red undertone like Diapason.

MissTania

That's so bazaar. Like you said, it is pictured but when you look at the drop down menu it has two completely different palettes
I know Saks do special orders and source stock not online, recently I got them to order me 6 lipliners from Estee Lauder which were not available online at the time (even though they are permanent).

The truth is out there!
cheerleader.gif

Did you receive that package which was delayed?

Icecaramellatte

I got my hands on Cuir Cannage. I wore it yesterday but it was more cool toned than I realized and did not go with the lipstick I was determined to wear so I only wore 2 colors from the quint. I still want the holiday palettes. I watched tarababyz video and it renewed my interest. I still like both of them. I still want to see swatches of the glosses too. I tried the Smokey nail polish in the store and loved the formula but I must have a similar color so I probably won't get it.

Medgal07

I know Saks do special orders and source stock not online, recently I got them to order me 6 lipliners from Estee Lauder which were not available online at the time (even though they are permanent).

The truth is out there!
cheerleader.gif

Did you receive that package which was delayed?
Yes, I did get my lippies---finally. I'm all current and I love them all, although I've only worn 3, so far.

I do have a really sweet Dior SA at Saks who works with me. I'm sure she would search high
and low for any item that I want but I need to slow the train down for a minute.

choochoo.gif

Medgal07

I got my hands on Cuir Cannage. I wore it yesterday but it was more cool toned than I realized and did not go with the lipstick I was determined to wear so I only wore 2 colors from the quint. I still want the holiday palettes. I watched tarababyz video and it renewed my interest. I still like both of them. I still want to see swatches of the glosses too. I tried the Smokey nail polish in the store and loved the formula but I must have a similar color so I probably won't get it.
I'm glad you were able to get Cuir Cannage and that you mentioned it here. I think I'll wear mine today in a smokey eye look.

One of the palettes caught my eye but they seem to be hanging around so I'm going to risk trying to get it later. I have a real thing for gold eyeshadow and my most
recent two Chanel palettes both have gold in them.

Angel_eyes

i picked up one of the duo lipsticks today in # 005 Daring shock for my mom for Christmas - I love the idea of the 2 in one color= very unique, here is my problem -I never realized that Dior lipsticks have a horrible smell, they smell like "grandma perfume/scent".., I guess that's why I never bought them before and always stick to other brands!

Medgal07

i picked up one of the duo lipsticks today in # 005 Daring shock for my mom for Christmas - I love the idea of the 2 in one color= very unique, here is my problem -I never realized that Dior lipsticks have a horrible smell, they smell like "grandma perfume/scent".., I guess that's why I never bought them before and always stick to other brands!
If you can mange to get pass the scent, the lipstick formula is pretty fabulous.

Medgal07

i hope so.., but I still can't get that granny smell out .., I guess I am just sooo used to my MAC/Bite Beauty/YSL lippies..
MAC has been vanilla scented for eons; I tried a couple of Bite lip products that were heavily citrus scented; YSL isn't scent-free either, but man do I LOVE
the formula. Chanel doesn't have much of a scent, and Tom Ford has a very mild scent too, but I can't readily identify what it is.

Angel_eyes

MAC has been vanilla scented for eons; I tried a couple of Bite lip products that were heavily citrus scented; YSL isn't scent-free either, but man do I LOVE
the formula. Chanel doesn't have much of a scent, and Tom Ford has a very mild scent too, but I can't readily identify what it is.
the MAC vanilla is very light so I don't mind it at all - I enjoy it, almost like that neutral ground.. Bite - I love the formula, scent is very lite too. YSL - I love that almost candy/sweet smell and the formula is omg.. fabulous. I never tried Chanel or TF.

Pippilotta

I LOOOVE that old fashioned lipstick scent. The lipsticks from Dior have had that scent as long as I can remember them - say early sixties when my grandma wore them. My 35 year old daughter has a special relationship with them too - she once ate one when she was a toddler.
rofl.gif

Medgal07

the MAC vanilla is very light so I don't mind it at all - I enjoy it, almost like that neutral ground.. Bite - I love the formula, scent is very lite too. YSL - I love that almost candy/sweet smell and the formula is omg.. fabulous. I never tried Chanel or TF.
Both Chanel & TF have recently released new lippies. TF released several mattes, if you like mattes and they're pretty fabulous and worth checking out.

Medgal07

I LOOOVE that old fashioned lipstick scent. The lipsticks from Dior have had that scent as long as I can remember them - say early sixties when my grandma wore them. My 35 year old daughter has a special relationship with them too - she once ate one when she was a toddler.
rofl.gif
girlhaha.gif
No wonder she has an affinity for them!!!

Pippilotta

girlhaha.gif
No wonder she has an affinity for them!!!
Actually, it must have been my 26 year old daughter. The lipstick was called "Elegant", and it was released with the quint 030 "Discretion" which was later to change name to "Incognito". It was a typical Dior lipstick color - pinky beige with just a hint of grey. Apparently I remember my lipsticks better than I remember my daughters.
thud.gif