Dior Cosmetics Discussion

Medgal07

Actually, it must have been my 26 year old daughter. The lipstick was called "Elegant", and it was released with the quint 030 "Discretion" which was later to change name to "Incognito". It was a typical Dior lipstick color - pinky beige with just a hint of grey. Apparently I remember my lipsticks better than I remember my daughters.
thud.gif
We'll let that be our little secret!
girlhaha.gif

awickedshape

http://www.temptalia.com/dior-golden-shock-756-eyeshadow-palette-review-photos-swatches#more-181050

http://www.temptalia.com/dior-golden-reflections-046-eyeshadow-palette-review-photos-swatches#more-181024
This name reminds me of "Reflections in a Golden Eye" lol

Medgal07

http://www.temptalia.com/dior-golden-shock-756-eyeshadow-palette-review-photos-swatches#more-181050

http://www.temptalia.com/dior-golden-reflections-046-eyeshadow-palette-review-photos-swatches#more-181024
This name reminds me of "Reflections in a Golden Eye" lol
I passed on both palettes because two my recently purchased palettes have gold eyeshadow in them. Did you pick up any Dior holiday items?

awickedshape

[COLOR=0000FF]I passed on both palettes because two my recently purchased palettes have gold eyeshadow in them.  Did you pick up any Dior holiday items?[/COLOR]
Nothing at all, dear. I love Blue Lagoon and wouldn't mind another quint at all but, although the individual shades are pretty, the combinations are not wowing me, personally. Yet lol

Medgal07

Nothing at all, dear. I love Blue Lagoon and wouldn't mind another quint at all but, although the individual shades are pretty, the combinations are not wowing me, personally. Yet lol
I guess I might have been a tad underwhelmed too, because we both know where makeup is concerned for me, there's no such thing as 'too many'.
girlhaha.gif

starletta8

I passed on both palettes because two my recently purchased palettes have gold eyeshadow in them. Did you pick up any Dior holiday items?

I picked up both palettes, and the the lavender-grey in the Golden Reflections palette is just so lovely that I could wear just it as a crease shade forever and ever... as long as I could use it as a wet quint.

Is that odd? I've been having much better luck with pigmentation with the reformulated Dior quints using a damp brush.

Medgal07

I picked up both palettes, and the the lavender-grey in the Golden Reflections palette is just so lovely that I could wear just it as a crease shade forever and ever... as long as I could use it as a wet quint.

Is that odd? I've been having much better luck with pigmentation with the reformulated Dior quints using a damp brush.
thud.gif
I wish you had't told me these wonderful things about palettes that I skipped
girlhaha.gif
I think I had heard you could use tham wet or dry. I think they specify those
that can be used both ways.

starletta8

thud.gif
I wish you had't told me these wonderful things about palettes that I skipped
girlhaha.gif
I think I had heard you could use tham wet or dry. I think they specify those
that can be used both ways.

They require more work than the average Dior quint, so don't feel too badly about skipping!

I think Golden Reflection and Jardin are the two that surprised me the most wet- I was very let down by both dry, but they came to life with a damp brush.

Medgal07

They require more work than the average Dior quint, so don't feel too badly about skipping!

I think Golden Reflection and Jardin are the two that surprised me the most wet- I was very let down by both dry, but they came to life with a damp brush.
Oh that's really good. Otherwise that might have been a big let down. I have a TF palette that can be used both ways--Emerald Lust and those shadows also become
more vibrant when applied w/a damp brush.

I had also just gotten Bar, Trafalgar, Cuir Cannage & Montaigne and had my eyes on some Chanel palettes---another reason I skipped these. Both Chanel palettes, the
holiday quint, Oiseaux De Nuit and the quad Nuit D’ Orient also have gold eyeshadow.

beautycool

Hi ladies Has anyone bought the shock lipsticks yet I'm not sure what colours to go for I thought daring shock But I really don't know :( I really like the look of the purpley gold shock quad but am getting different ideas seeing the reviews and people don't rate them When I wear shadows I like less pigmented for me don't ask lol I'm not great at eye shadows so when full pigmented I get into a right state lol Not sure what to go for I love the look of trafulgar and tutu And not having shops near me it's very very hard :(

MissTania

Yes, I did get my lippies---finally. I'm all current and I love them all, although I've only worn 3, so far.

I do have a really sweet Dior SA at Saks who works with me. I'm sure she would search high
and low for any item that I want but I need to slow the train down for a minute.

choochoo.gif
Yay :) What a relief. I'll tell the sniffer dogs to stand down!

Lol- I love how you wrote she works with you!!
girlhaha.gif

I hear you regarding slowing the train
sigh.gif

I have had my eye on NARS Greta and Chanel Palpitante...however I am just thinking of holding off until 2015 on all other make-up (and maybe even these 2!).

jennyap

Quote:Originally Posted by starletta8

That shade reminds me a bit of Swelter from Mac's Temperature Rising quad, which I adore in my crease. I saw the whole collection yesterday, and I have to say nothing wowed me enough to open my wallet. I also saw the most adorable mini-quint as part of a Christmas gift set with a mascara. I think it was Montaigne? The whole palette was maybe 2 inches wide, so cute!

beautycool

Quote:Originally Posted by starletta8

That shade reminds me a bit of Swelter from Mac's Temperature Rising quad, which I adore in my crease. I saw the whole collection yesterday, and I have to say nothing wowed me enough to open my wallet. I also saw the most adorable mini-quint as part of a Christmas gift set with a mascara. I think it was Montaigne? The whole palette was maybe 2 inches wide, so cute!
Hi I have that mini set think the mascara is full size not sure I have only got around to opening all my goodies recently which all came from the USA last week :)

laurennnxox

Does anyone know where I can find nice swatches of the dior e/s quints? I'm trying to find swatches of 166 Victoire & 456 Femme Fleur :)