Dior Cosmetics Discussion

shadowaddict

just look at the comments on their ig. everyone blasted them about this

I will, thank you. It's just absolutely ridiculous.

I think I'm going to try Armani's Power Fabric. I got a sample & tried a few days ago. However it didn't seem to play very well with Hourglass Mineral Veil primer. I'm going to try it with something else. At 55 I would like to find a primer that gives a bit of radiance without looking greasy.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a primer for combo acne prone skin? I have an oily t-zone & it's so hard to find one that isn't so matte it causes my foundation to look flat and cakey.

elegant-one

I think I'm going to try Armani's Power Fabric. I got a sample & tried a few days ago. However it didn't seem to play very well with Hourglass Mineral Veil primer. I'm going to try it with something else. At 55 I would like to find a primer that gives a bit of radiance without looking greasy.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a primer for combo acne prone skin? I have an oily t-zone & it's so hard to find one that isn't so matte it causes my foundation to look flat and cakey.

Did you happen to see the new Tatcha primer? It sounds wonderful & exactly everything you listed that you need. It's on Sephora & is a bit pricey. I've been thinking about trying it myself.

Monsy

power fabric I LOVE but it is tricky and it really depends on what kind of primer you have with some it looks horrible. i loved it the most with Armani nuda balm - the thig in the jar

shadowaddict

Did you happen to see the new Tatcha primer? It sounds wonderful & exactly everything you listed that you need. It's on Sephora & is a bit pricey. I've been thinking about trying it myself.

I've never tried their products. I pulled that up. A balm type primer is interesting. The description is what I had in mind. I'll have to give that a try. The cost is about the same as Hourglass. I would just like to find a primer & foundation that work well together for my skin. It's quite frustrating.

Even though it's been forever I still hate that Chanel discontinued Matte Lumiere. Porcelain was a perfect match & felt so nice.

I also have no idea why companies decide to reformulate a foundation that sells well & loved by so many. Guerlain Lingerie, MUFE HD, Laura Mercier Silk Creme, YSL Touché Eclat, etc. I had never tried the YSL one but it seemed to have had a good following. All of these had great reviews until people tried the reformulated version, then came the horrible reviews. Everyone loved the original.

I really liked By Terry Cover Expert until they reformulated and added spf. It changed the foundation entirely and as with the others the bad reviews began. It had a nice finish, wore well, and I only had to tweak the lightest color to make it a bit lighter.

elegant-one

I've never tried their products. I pulled that up. A balm type primer is interesting. The description is what I had in mind. I'll have to give that a try. The cost is about the same as Hourglass. I would just like to find a primer & foundation that work well together for my skin. It's quite frustrating.

Even though it's been forever I still hate that Chanel discontinued Matte Lumiere. Porcelain was a perfect match & felt so nice.

I also have no idea why companies decide to reformulate a foundation that sells well & loved by so many. Guerlain Lingerie, MUFE HD, Laura Mercier Silk Creme, YSL Touché Eclat, etc. I had never tried the YSL one but it seemed to have had a good following. All of these had great reviews until people tried the reformulated version, then came the horrible reviews. Everyone loved the original.

I really liked By Terry Cover Expert until they reformulated and added spf. It changed the foundation entirely and as with the others the bad reviews began. It had a nice finish, wore well, and I only had to tweak the lightest color to make it a bit lighter.

When I read what you wanted, I remember reading that in the Tatcha descriptions & in the reviews too. Tatcha products that I've tried have been very nice. I hate it when the companies change what you love. I have no idea why they do that. If you try it, let me know what you think of it.

Monsy

I really liked By Terry Cover Expert until they reformulated and added spf. It changed the foundation entirely and as with therothersn the bad reviews began. It had a nice finish, wore well, and I only had to tweak the lightest color to make it a bit lighter.

new reformulated YSL is much better but different foundation than the previous one. the original version would not work for you.

elegant-one

I guess I should have pm'd instead of posting about the Tatcha primer because now it's sold out before I was able to get mine :( Happens every time.

Monsy

I think it looks flawless on her. I am so mad they again didn't launch shade 011 in the USA.

puffin's wife has a new video comparing it to EL DL and it really looks great

shadowaddict

I was walking by a Dior counter & chatted with the mua about the new Undercover foundation. I told him I've read great reviews but the shades particular on the lighter end were horrendous. He said he's had lots of people wanting to try it but was having trouble matching them. He said he called the main office (or wherever) & told them about the issue. He was told the company is working on the shades. I'm guessing they've had many complaints about the shades by customers and artists.

He also said they were expanding the Airflash shades to 18 that will come out in June. I think right now there are 11.

I'm hoping for a few well done pale colors for both foundations.

Monsy

I see dior muas on IG saying to try shades 011 and 012 (which is based on wha they say super pale) but none are available in the usa.

Shars

why? because of the shade range?

No, not because of the shade range as I think one of them would be a match for me. She said it didn't wear well during the day and didn't stay very matte at all. She also had creasing in her laugh lines. All problems that I need to avoid. She actually said that new Maybelline foundation wore better and I've been meaning to check it out as I did like their Fit Me line some time back and that's easily accessible where I live. The Dior I'd have to take a chance at ordering blindly.

Shars

I'm still unsure but I'm no longer in a hurry to try it

Yeah I'm not in a rush now either. I feel like when brands want to launch a matte foundation they need to send their testers to the tropics and see if it lasts all day *smh* lol. I'm tired of having to blot by midday!

awickedshape

Yeah I'm not in a rush now either. I feel like when brands want to launch a matte foundation they need to send their testers to the tropics and see if it lasts all day *smh* lol. I'm tired of having to blot by midday!

Right?! I mean, the shade range is one hurdle, but to last in the hot sun is a must.
I'm testing the Fenty 290 this week.

ETA I do find the Dior shades between 035-045 and up a bit limited

Last edited: